Visa is among the largest card payment networks of the world. It offers a secure and convenient network for facilitating electronic payments. Excluding China, where UnionPay is the widespread payment network, Visa has 50% share of the global card payments market. There are various Visa credit card such as SBI SimplySAVE Visa Credit Card, HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, HDFC MoneyBack Visa Credit Card, etc.
10 Best Visa Credit Cards in India for 2020
Visa Credit Card
Best Suited for
|SBI Card ELITE||Rs. 4,999||Premium Lifestyle|
|HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card||Nil||Shopping|
|MMT ICICI Bank Visa Signature Credit Card||Rs. 2,500||Travel|
|HDFC Regalia Credit Card||Rs. 2,500||Airport Lounge Access|
|Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 999||Dining|
|Citi Cashback Credit Card||Rs. 500||Cashback|
|SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card||Rs. 499||Online Shopping|
|Citi PremierMiles Credit Card||Rs. 3,000||Air Travel|
|Air India SBI Signature Credit Card||Rs. 4,999||Air Travel|
|Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card||Rs. 5,000||Premium Lifestyle|
Also Read on this page
Types of Visa Credit Card
Visa has collaborated with multiple banks and NBFCs to offer Visa-branded payment products. One such product is the Visa credit card. Along with the convenience and security of making cashless payments, Visa also extends facilities like emergency card replacement, cash advance and insurance. The benefits vary according to the type of Visa Card.
Banks can issue from among the following types of Visa Credit Cards:
Visa Classic Credit Card
This is a basic Visa credit card and is accepted at millions of locations across the world. Benefits of Visa Credit Card include:
- Emergency card replacement facility anywhere in the world
- General assistance from anywhere across the globe through the 24×7 Global Customer Assistance Services
- Emergency cash advance benefit as the card lets you access cash at 1.9 million ATMs in 200+ countries
Visa Gold Credit Card
This is a step up from the Classic Visa Credit Card. In addition to the facility of emergency card replacement, cash advance and customer assistance, the gold card offers the following benefits:
- Travel assistance
- Special offers at retail, entertainment, travel and dining around the world
- Medical and legal referral assistance
Visa Platinum Credit Card
The Visa Platinum services lets one experience the finer things in life with bigger rewards. Some of its benefits are:
- Accepted at millions of merchants and ATMs worldwide
- Multiple deals and discounts on retail, travel, dining, etc.
- 24×7 platinum concierge service for travel reservations, movie ticket booking, gifting and more
- Enjoy a number of Visa offers
Visa Signature Credit Cards
Providing an exceptional spending power, this Visa Card gives a cardholder exclusive privileges according to his/her lifestyle. Benefits of this card are as follows:
- The card has similar benefits as the gold card including global customer assistance, worldwide acceptance, etc.
- Visa Concierge services to research destinations, book travel tickets, shows and plays, buy gifts for loved ones, etc.
- Global customer assistance to block the lost card anywhere in the world
- Emergency card replacement and cash across the globe
- Exclusive discounts and deals at hotels, supermarkets, retail outlets and more
- Offers on fine dining, travel, etc.
Visa Infinite Credit Card
This is the premium version of Visa credit cards that offers elite features and benefits to the users. Benefits covered in this category are as follows:
- This card offers infinite travel concierge service that gives travel research and reservations assistance
- You can also buy gifts for your loved ones or book movie tickets
- Users can also get access to round-the-clock customer service assistance
- Like all other Visa Credit Cards, the Infinite Cards are also accepted at millions of merchant terminals across 200+ countries and at 1.9 million ATMs worldwide
- Access to select domestic and international airport lounges is also offered
Contactless Payment - Visa payWave
Visa has recently launched the contactless payments technology- Visa payWave. Basic features of this facility are mentioned below:
- Using Visa payWave, one can make payments up to Rs. 2,000 at NFC-enabled POS terminals without swiping his/her card in the machine
- No pin is required for making transactions through the payWave technology
- The only condition is that one’s card should be contactless and the POS should be NFC-enabled
- Once the seller enters the amount, three green ligts blink on the POS machine where the cardholder has to tap the Visa payWave credit card and the payment will be done instantly
|Did you know?|
Visa does not extend credit or issue cards nor does it set rates and fees on the products. It is only a payment network that facilitates transactions among banks, consumers and merchants.
Where can Visa Credit Cards be Accepted?
Visa credit cards are accepted in over 200 countries and territories across the globe.
In India, Visa credit cards can be used at Point of Sale (PoS) machines, online payments, ATMs and for balance addition in wallets.
Contactless Visa credit cards can also be used to make payments using the PayWave feature at NFC-enabled PoS machines.
How to get a Visa Credit Card?
One can apply for a Visa credit card from providers both online and offline. These cards can be applied online through a bank’s/NBFC’s website or through a marketplace such as Paisabazaar.com.
One can also get a Visa credit card offline by visiting the bank and applying for it in the bank.
In order to apply for a Visa credit card online, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the credit card portal of Paisabazaar to start the application process by clicking here
- Enter basic details such as monthly income, occupation, mobile number and city of residence
- A list of credit cards will be displayed as per the details entered by you
- Choose a Visa credit card of your choice and check your eligibility for it
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can proceed with the application by providing the documents required for a Visa credit card
- The application is forwarded to the respective bank which check the application
- After primary approval, a bank representative will get back to you for documents and other details
- Once approved, the Visa credit card will be dispatched to you
Difference between Visa, MasterCard and RuPay Credit Cards
|Place of Origin||USA||USA||India|
|Processing and Verification||Outside India||Outside India||Within India|
|Contactless Payment||Visa payWave||PayPass||RuPay Contactless|
|Payment Processing Time||High||High||Low|
|Insurance Cover||On select cards||On select cards||On all cards|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||On select cards||On select cards||1% on all cards|
|Cashback on Utility Bills||Reward Points on most cards||Reward Points on most cards||Cashback up to a certain limit on all cards|
Best Visa Credit Cards Provided by Top Banks in India
Can I get special offers on Visa Credit Cards?
Yes. Visa credit cards come with some exclusive offers. These may vary on the basis of card type and banks that provide the card.
How safe are contactless payments?
Contactless payments are very secure and also they allow only Rs. 2,000 to be paid at one time thus reducing the risk.
How do I know whether a POS machine accepts contactless payments?
Only the POS machines that have the Near Field Communication technology can accept contactless payments. Look for the contactless sign at the POS; it will be the same as the contactless sign on your card.
What is Verified by Visa?
Verified by Visa is a password-protected authentication system designed to make online payments more secure. It confirms the identity of the user by requesting a password known only to the cardholder.
What if I lose my Visa Credit Card in a foreign country?
Visa offers emergency card replacement facility across the world. The universal number for the same is +1 303 967 1090.