The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) offers a range of credit cards for its customers to choose from. The cards come with great reward points, privileges and benefits and can be redeemed for attractive products and services. Let us take a look at the various types of credit cards offered by HSBC.
Best HSBC Credit Cards In India
|Top HSBC Credit Cards||Joining Fee|
|HSBC Platinum Credit Card||Nil||Nil||10% Cashback up to Rs 3,000 on a minimum spend of Rs 10,000 within 90 days of card issuance|
|HSBC Smart Value Credit Card||Nil||Nil||3X reward points on online shopping, telecom and dining spends|
|HSBC Cashback Credit Card||Nil||750#||1.5% cashback on all online spends and 1% on other spends|
|HSBC Advance VISA Credit Card*||Nil||Nil||Convert reward points into air miles of Jet Airways and Singapore Airlines|
|HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Card*||Nil||499#||50% cash back at PVR Cinemas up to Rs 500 per month|
*Not available on Paisabazaar.com. Please visit HSBC Bank’s official website to apply.
Compare Top HSBC Credit Cards
Read More on this Page
Best HSBC Credit Card Features and Benefits
Let us have a look at top HSBC credit cards for 2019 in India:
HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card
Best suited for: Travel Movies Dining
HSBC Visa Platinum credit card comes with zero annual fees and zero joining fee and offers a host of benefits and privileges for its users. This card is best suited for shopping, dining and fuel purchases. Learn more about important features of HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card. Read More
Cash Back Offer on Joining – Under the introductory offer, you will get up to Rs. 3,000 cashback on spending Rs. 10,000 or more within the first three months of card issuance.
Extra Rewards for One Year – For the first 12 months, you can enjoy three times more rewards on dining, hotels and telecom spend.
Movie Vouchers – Spend Rs. 50,000 in a month and get a movie voucher worth Rs. 500 subject to a maximum of Rs. 3,000 per cardholder.
Rewards – Earn 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on your credit card.
Accelerated Rewards – Earn 5-times more Reward Points on subsequent purchases made after spending Rs. 4 lakh or more in a year subject to a maximum of Rs. 1 lakh.
Savings on Fuel – Get fuel surcharge waiver at any fuel pump across India for transactions between Rs. 400 & Rs. 4,000 with the maximum amount capped at Rs. 250 per calendar month.
Travel Benefits – Get enhanced travel benefits on Jet Airways and Singapore Airlines through Air Miles conversion.
Dining Discounts – Get up to 15% discount in over 700 restaurants across the country.
Discounts with Partners – Earn EXTRA points when you shop at participating EXTRA partners.
EMI Facility – Convert purchases worth Rs. 2,000 or more through Instant EMI facility.
The following eligibility criteria should be met by an individual seeking HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card:
- The applicant should be at least 18 years of age
- The applicant must have a minimum annual income of Rs. 3 Lakh (salaried/self-employed)
What is the primary requirement to apply for HSBC VISA Platinum credit card?
The applicant must be at least 18 years old and should have a minimum annual income of Rs. 3 Lakh.
Is there any limitation for the residential address while applying for HSBC VISA Platinum credit card?
Applicants of HSBC credit card must currently reside in Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Noida, or Pune to be eligible for this card.
What is the dining offer on HSBC VISA Platinum credit card?
HSBC Visa Platinum credit cardholders can get a discount of up to 15% on a number of restaurants. One can click here to check the list of restaurants that offer discounts on dining.
If I lose my HSBC VISA Platinum credit card, by when can I expect a replacement?
A cardholder can get the replacement of this card within 3 days of hotlisting it anywhere in the world.
HSBC Smart Value Credit Card
Welcome Gift Vouchers – One gets Rs. 250 Amazon Gift Voucher and Rs. 2,000 Cleartrip voucher as welcome gifts on making the first transaction within 30 days of card issuance.
Introductory Cash Back Offer – On all purchases made within 60 days of card issuance, you get 10% cashback up to Rs. 1,000.
Extra Rewards – Get 3-times accelerated reward earnings on online shopping, dining and telecom spend.
Benefits on Fuel – Avail fuel surcharge waiver on the credit card.
EMI Facility – Book an EMI within the first 90 days of card issuance and get an attractive rate of 10.99% p.a.
Milestone Benefits – Spend Rs. 15,000 in a calendar month and get movie vouchers worth Rs. 200 up to Rs. 1,200 in a year.
Rewards – Get 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spent across all categories.
Annual Fee Waiver – Spend Rs. 50,000 or more in a year and get the annual fee waived off.
What is the annual fee of HSBC Smart Value credit card and how to save it?
The annual fee of HSBC Smart Value credit card is Rs. 499+GST. However, one can get it waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 in the previous year.
How to get BookMyShow voucher on HSBC Smart Value credit card?
HSBC Smart Value credit cardholders get Rs. 200 voucher on spending Rs. 15,000 in a calendar month.
What is Dynamic Annualized Percentage Rate (APR)?
The Dynamic APR allows HSBC Bank to charge interests at rates depending on the risk profile of the customer. So if you have a low-risk profile, you will be charged interest at a lower rate.
What are the EMI options for HSBC Smart Value credit card?
One can avail following EMI facilities on this card:
HSBC Cashback Credit Card
Introductory Offer – HSBC Cashback credit card offers 20% discount on Swiggy for a minimum order of Rs. 400 subject to a maximum discount of Rs. 100. 5% discount can also be availed on Amazon for transaction of Rs. 1,000 or more with maximum discount capped at Rs. 250 per month. Both these offers can be availed once per month.
Welcome Benefits – Users get a voucher worth Rs. 250 from Swiggy and a domestic flight voucher from Cleartrip worth Rs. 2,000 as welcome gift. To avail these benefits, users will have to make a transaction within 30 days of card activation.
Cashback – This credit card offers 1% cashback on retail purchases and 1.5% cashback on online spends. Instant EMI transactions are also eligible for cashback.
Dining Benefit – Cardholders can get discounts up to 15% when dining at partner restaurants in major cities.
Annual Fee Waiver – If the annual spending done by the cardholder exceeds Rs. 3 Lakh in the preceding year, the annual fee of Rs. 750 will be waived off.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible for HSBC Cashback Credit Card.
- The applicant should be at least 18 years old
- He/she must have an annual income of Rs. 4 Lakh
Is there a joining fee for HSBC Cashback credit card?
No. HSBC Cashback credit card does not have any joining fee.
What is the annual fee waiver condition for HSBC Cashback card?
To get the annual fee waived off, the user must spend at least Rs. 750 in the preceding year.
Can I get a discount on dining and entertainment on HSBC Cashback credit card?
HSBC Cashback credit card does not offer any offer on movies and entertainment. However, it does offer a 15% discount on dining at partner restaurants in major cities.
What happens if I lose HSBC Cashback credit card?
If you lose the card, you should immediately inform the bank by calling on HSBC customer care number- 1860 180 7788.
HSBC Advance VISA Platinum Credit Card
Best suited for: Dining Fuel Rewards
HSBC Advance Visa Platinum credit card is specially designed for everyday use along with excellent rewards and cashback benefits. This card is completely free of cost and entails no joining fee or annual fee. Explore the features of this credit card further. Read More
Rewards – 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on the credit card.
Accelerated Rewards – 3-times more Reward Points on online spends made within the first 2 years of card issuance. Accelerate Reward Points 5-times on subsequent purchases made after crossing the spend amount of Rs. 4 lakh in a year up to a maximum of Rs. 10 lakh in a year.
Milestone Benefits – Movie ticket voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 50,000 in a calendar month.
Dining Discount – Up to 15% discount across 700 restaurants in major cities of India.
Easy Cash Facility – The card allows the facility of accessing instant cash all across the world.
The following eligibility criteria should be met by an individual seeking HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Credit Card:
- HSBC Visa Credit Card applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- This card is offered only to HSBC Advance customers. HSBC Advance Relationship in India is applicable on maintaining a Total Relationship Balance (TRB) of Rs. 5 Lakh quarterly.
I am not an HSBC Advance customer. Can I apply for Advance Visa Platinum Credit Card?
No, Advance Visa Platinum Credit Card is offered to only HSBC Advance customers. Non Advance customers are not eligible for this card.
What is HSBC Advance relationship?
A customer of HSBC Bank who maintains a Total Relationship Balance (TRB) of Rs. 5 Lakh every quarter can enrol into the HSBC Advance relationship.
What is the annual fee of the Advance Visa Platinum Credit Card?
There is no joining fee or annual fee for this card. One just has to be an HSBC Advance member to get this card.
HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card
Best suited for: Fuel Lounge Rewards
HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card promises a privileged lifestyle to its users. This card is enriched with an exceptional rewards programme tailor-made to suit the needs of a shopaholic, traveller or a fine-dine connoisseur. Read further for features that make this card a perfect addition to your wallet. Read More
Lifetime Free Credit Card– This card is completely free; there is no joining fee or annual fee.
Travel Benefits – One can enjoy enhanced travel benefits through air miles conversion on Jet Airways and Singapore Airlines.
Lounge Access – One can get access to over 600 VIP Airport Lounges in India and overseas.
Cashback on Movies – 50% cashback on PVR cinemas on purchase of movie tickets with the maximum benefit capped at Rs. 500 per month.
Milestone Benefit – Movie ticket voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs. 75,000 in a calendar year.
Discount on Dining – Experience pleasant dining with up to 15% off at over 700 restaurants in major cities.
Golf Privilege – Premium golf privileges in the form of discounted green fees and dedicated 24-hour golf concierge service. Also, get complimentary green fees and golfers insurance.
Save More on Fuel – 1% Fuel Surcharge waiver at any fuel pump, any place.
Emergency Card Replacement – In case of a lost card, the bank immediately blocks the card and offers a replacement the next day.
The following eligibility criteria should be met by an individual seeking HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card:
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- This card is offered only to HSBC Premier Customers. Only those who are a part of HSBC Premier Relationship can be Premier Customers. For this, one needs to maintain a Total Relationship Balance (TRB) of Rs. 40 Lakh quarterly.
What is the eligibility for HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card?
One has to be an HSBC Premier customer to be eligible for this card.
What is the requirement to become an HSBC Premier customer?
One can become an HSBC Premier customer by maintaining a Total Relationship Balance of Rs. 40 Lakh or more on a quarterly basis.
Is my HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card secure from fraudulent transactions?
HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card customers get complete coverage against fraudulent transactions. The bank provides online fraud protection and lost card liability to protect its customers from being duped.
Do I get any benefit on international transactions on HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card?
The credit card holder gets 1.5% cashback on international transactions subject to a minimum transaction of Rs. 3 Lakh in a calendar year up to a maximum cashback of Rs. 10,000.
HSBC Credit Card Eligibility and Documentation
HSBC has set certain eligibility norms for the applicants. The income criteria may differ from one card to another. However, there are some common requirements such as-
- The applicant should be at least 18 years old
- The applicant should be an Indian Resident
- He/she should have a regular source of income
- He/she should not have any recent delinquencies
Some credit cards are only offered to HSBC Premier Customers.
Documents Required for HSBC Credit Card
The applicants are required to submit a few documents on the basis of which HSBC will decide their eligibility and credit limit. Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Income Proof are required to be submitted. Here’s a list of the documents that applicants need to submit-
- Duly filled application form for HSBC credit cards
- Identity proof which may include PAN, Aadhaar, Voter’s ID, etc.
- Address proof which may include Aadhaar Card, electricity bill, credit card statement, etc.
- Salary slip/certificate for employees of MNC corporates
- Photocopy of front and back of credit card and latest credit card statement for employee of other credit cardholders
- Photocopy of last 3 months’ salary slips for employees of Private Limited Companies
- Latest personal income tax returns and business card for self-employed applicants.
How to Apply for HSBC Credit Card
How to Apply Online for Best HSBC Credit Cards
You can apply for HSBC Credit Card on our website in a few simple steps-
Step 1- Click here to begin your application process
Step 2- Enter the required information and proceed to the list of credit cards that you are eligible for
Step 3- Find the HSBC Credit Card in the list and check your eligibility for the same by entering some more details
Step 4- If you are eligible, you can proceed with the application by filling out a form and submit it instantly
Once submitted, you will get a call from one of the credit card representatives of HSBC who will guide you through the process further. One of the field officers from the bank will also visit you to collect the required documents at your doorstep. If approved, your new card will be issued shortly.
You can also apply for HSBC credit cards directly through HSBC’s website.
How to Apply Offline for Top HSBC Credit Cards
- You can download the HSBC Credit Card Application form, fill it and submit at the nearest HSBC branch along with the required documents
- Remember that there are different forms available for different HSBC cards, so read about the cards and choose the right form to fill
- Alternatively, you can also visit the branch directly and speak to a credit card representative who will guide you through the entire process of application
- You just need to have all documents handy for an instant approval
How to Apply for HSBC Credit Cards through SMS
If you want to apply for HSBC Credit Card, you can also send an SMS and one of the bank’s representatives will call you and guide you through the application process. The SMS that you need to send is-
NEW CARD to 575750
How to Check HSBC Credit Card Application Status
If you have applied for HSBC credit card, you would like to know the application status. HSBC does not offer any online option to check HSBC credit card status. You can so do by calling on the bank’s customer care numbers given below-
|If contacting from India||If contacting from Overseas|
|1860 108 7788 / 1860 500 2277||040 – 67173402 / 080 – 49089632|
Your application status may show the following results-
HSBC Credit Cards Rewards Program
HSBC lets you earn while you spend through the credit card under the rewards program. You can get benefits in the form of rewards when you spend on shopping, travel, dining, etc.
- 1 Reward point for every purchase of Rs 250 on HSBC Classic Credit Cards
- 1 Reward point for every purchase of Rs 100 on HSBC Gold Credit Cards
- 2 Reward points for every purchase of Rs 150 on HSBC Platinum Credit Cards
- 2 Reward points for every purchase of Rs 100 on HSBC Premier Credit Cards
HSBC Credit Card Reward Redemption
Cardholders can redeem their reward points against the exciting redemption options available to them. It includes garments, jewellery, cosmetics, gift vouchers, or vouchers for any retail outlets, airline miles or as donation to any charity fund.
You can also convert the rewards earned on your HSBC credit card into air miles when booking flight ticket on Jet Airways & Singapore Airlines. Given below is the table for conversion ratio-
|Jet Airways||3 Reward Points = 2 JPMile**|
2 Reward Points = 1 JPMile*
|Singapore Airlines||1 Reward Point = 1 Kris Flyer Mile|
|British Airways||1 Reward Point = 1 Avios Mile|
*For HSBC Premier MasterCard® Credit Card
**For other HSBC Credit Cards
You can also access the online rewards catalogue to choose from a host of reward redemption options.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment
One can make HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment through any of the ways given below-
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment Online through Netbanking
- You can directly make payment of your HSBC credit card bill by logging onto HSBC Internet Banking platform
- Just enter your credentials, log in and make payment
- Mobile banking may also be used to make direct payment
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment Online through Bill Desk
- You can pay your HSBC credit card bill through any of your bank accounts by paying through the Bill Desk (http://www.billdesk.com/hsbccard/)
- Enter your credit card number, amount to be paid and select the bank through which you want to make the payment
- You will then be redirected to the payment interface of your bank
- Enter the authentication details and confirm your payment
- Once the payment is successful, you will get confirmation mail on your registered email address
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment Online through Standing Instruction
You can set standing instructions to debit your HSBC savings account or current account to make payment towards your HSBC Credit Card.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment Online through NEFT
- You can also use the NEFT facility to make HSBC credit card bill payment
- Go to the ‘Add Beneficiary’ section of your bank and enter you 16-digit HSBC credit card number in place of account number
- Enter the name on card and the IFS Code
- The IFSC for HSBC is HSBC0400002
- Once added, you can make payment through NEFT.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment Online through VISA Money Transfer
The money can also be transferred from your bank account to HSBC Visa credit card online by using Visa Money Transfer.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment Online through ECS
The Electronic Clearance System allows the customer to auto debit amount from other bank account to make payment towards HSBC credit card.
Other ways to make payment include-
HSBC Credit Card Customer Care
The toll free number for HSBC credit card customer care is 1860 108 7788 or 1860 500 2277.
HSBC Credit Card holders can contact any of the above two numbers to know anything about their credit card. The following facilities can be availed through HSBC Customer Care-
- Application Status – If the customer wants to check the status of the card application, the bank also helps in providing the relevant facility. For checking the status, the applicant simply needs to visit the bank’s website and check the status online. The 24 hour HSBC bank’s phone helpline can also be contacted to know the status of the card.
- Credit Card Statement – The bank sends the credit card statement to the customer via an email every billing cycle which contains the list of transactions carried out per cycle and the amount required to be paid to the bank to settle the credit card debt. The statement is sent every month free of cost. In case the customer does not receive the statement, he or she can log into the bank’s website and check the statement by entering their credit card details or call at the banks phone helpline number and request for a statement.
- Online Payment – Customers can pay their credit card bills online through net banking facility provided by the bank. The various methods of online payment of credit cards bill are internet banking, NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer), Bill Desk, Visa Money Transfer, ECS (Electronic Clearing System – a process used by those customers who do not have an existing account with HSBC Bank). Customers who have any queries related to payment can contact the customer care team of HSBC.
One can also write a letter, email or message the bank with his or her queries and their problems will be solved within 10 working days.
Key Points about HSBC Credit Cards
1- HSBC Credit cards are worldwide accepted and are designed to facilitate a high living standard for its customers. The products are well-designed for shopping, dining, travelling and many more products.
2- The customer can also visit the credit card section on Paisabazaar.com to compare HSBC credit cards and to know more about the details of the credit card.
3- One can enjoy free credit facility up to the period of 52 days on the purchases made at the recognized outlets under the specific terms and conditions.
4- Rewards program and redemption of reward points can be known from visiting the site. The customer can call up the customer care or can redeem the points from the rewards catalogue against points available on the HSBC credit card.
Lost card liability and how to avoid the misuse of the credit card by the third person can be clarified properly from the site.
The transaction fees charged for all the transactions done by using the HSBC credit cards, interest fees charged for all the cash advances taken and the finance charges for all the outstanding of the amount not paid within the due date.
5- The customer needs to be aware of the minimum amount due on his card from the monthly statement as sent to him on the registered address or through mails to avoid any late fine being charged on his card and also to avoid the transactions being declined for the non-payment of the amount due. The customer may choose to pay more than the minimum due if he wish to so.
6- If the customer continues to pay only the minimum amount due on the credit card his repayment would extend till the total outstanding is not cleared. For example, if the customer has a payment due of Rs 5,000 he will continue paying it for the next 9 years to clear his total outstanding on the card taken in consideration that he does not make any additional transactions with the card.
7- The customer is required to pay the minimum amount due as on the due date , non-payment of which would attract the severe consequences such as:-
- The credit rating of the customer would be affected.
- The other credit facilities offered by the HSBC bank will not be available for the defaulter customer.
- HSBC can cancel the credit limit available to the customer and can assign the recovery agency for recovering the total outstanding.
- HSBC will notify its customers about any change in its terms and condition of any product one month before its implication.
HSBC Credit Card FAQs
Can I use HSBC Credit Cards to make international payments?
Yes. All HSBC Credit Cards are internationally accepted.
What happens if I lose my credit card?
You should immediately call the customer service of the bank to report the loss of card. The bank will issue a new card and dispatch it to your address.
My communication address has changed. How do I update it on my credit card account?
You can call the customer service department of HSBC to inform about any address change. If you have registered for the net banking services of HSBC, you can affect an address change through the same.
What if I cross the credit limit on my HSBC Credit Card?
HSBC charges an over-limit fee on its credit cards if the user exceeds the available credit limit.
Can I upgrade my HSBC credit card?
Yes. Card upgrade facility is offered by HSBC on its credit cards. However, your eligibility for the same will be decided by the bank. If you wish to upgrade to a better credit card, you can send a request to the bank and then they will check your application.
When is the interest charged on my HSBC credit card?
Interest is charged only if you revolve outstanding balances to the next billing cycle. In this case, new purchases will also attract interest from the very first day of the purchase.
Why is my HSBC credit card declined at a store?
The card can be declined because of many reasons, the most common being an insufficient credit limit. So, if you think you have sufficient limit and still your card is declined, you must call the bank to find out the issue.