The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) offers a range of credit cards for its customers to choose from. The cards come with great reward points, privileges and benefits and can be redeemed for attractive products and services. Let us take a look at the various types of credit cards offered by HSBC.
Best HSBC Credit Cards In India
|Top HSBC Credit Cards||Joining Fee|
|HSBC Platinum Credit Card||Nil||Nil||10% Cashback up to Rs 2,000 on a minimum spend of Rs 10,000 within 90 days of card issuance|
|HSBC Smart Value Credit Card||Nil||Nil||3X reward points on online shopping, telecom and dining spends|
|HSBC Cashback Credit Card||Nil||750#||1.5% cashback on all online spends and 1% on other spends|
Compare Top HSBC Credit Cards
Read More on this Page
Best HSBC Credit Card Features and Benefits
Let us have a look at top HSBC credit cards for 2019 in India:
HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card
Best suited for: Travel Dining Fuel
Cash Back Offer on Joining – 10% cashback up to Rs. 2,000 on making 9 spends that add up to Rs. 10,000 or more within the first 90 days of card issuance (Offer valid from 1st Jan 2020 to 31st March 2020)
Joining Benefits- Rs. 250 Swiggy Voucher on making first transaction with the card (Offer valid from 1st Jan 2020 to 31st March 2020)
Travel Benefits – Enhanced travel benefits on Jet Airways and Singapore Airlines through Air Miles conversion
Dining Discounts – Up to 15% discount in over 700 restaurants across the country
Accelerated Rewards – 5X Reward Points on subsequent purchases made after spending Rs. 4 lakh or more in a year subject to a maximum of Rs. 1 lakh
Savings on Fuel – Fuel surcharge waiver at any fuel pump across India for transactions between Rs. 400 & Rs. 4,000 with the maximum amount capped at Rs. 250 per calendar month
HSBC Smart Value Credit Card
Best suited for: Movies Rewards Dining
Swiggy Vouchers – Swiggy voucher worth Rs. 250 on the first transaction made within 60 days of card issuance
Cashback – 10% cashback for making a minimum of 5 purchase transactions, totalling to Rs. 5,000 or above during the first 60 days of issuance subject to a maximum cashback of Rs. 1,000
Lounge Access – 2 complimentary visits to domestic/international airport lounges or 2 meal vouchers of Rs. 400 each, on making the first transaction within 60 days of card issuance (The first transaction must be made by 5th May 2020)
Rewards – 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spent across all categories and 3X accelerated reward earnings on online shopping, dining and telecom spends
Benefits on Fuel – Avail fuel surcharge waiver on the credit card
Milestone Benefits – Movie vouchers worth Rs. 200 up to Rs. 1,200 in a year on spending Rs. 15,000 in a calendar month
Annual Fee Waiver – Annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a year waived off.
HSBC Cashback Credit Card
Best suited for: Dining Shopping Cashback
Introductory Offer – 20% discount on Swiggy and 5% discount on Amazon once per month between 1st January 2020 and 31st March 2020
Welcome Benefits – Voucher worth Rs. 250 from Swiggy as a welcome gift
Cashback – 1% cashback on retail purchases and 1.5% cashback on online spends and instant EMI transactions
Dining Benefit – Up to 15% off when dining at partner restaurants in major cities
Annual Fee Waiver – Annual fee of Rs. 750 waived off on spending Rs. 3 Lakh in the preceding year
HSBC Advance VISA Platinum Credit Card
Best suited for: Dining Fuel Rewards
Note: This credit card is offered only to HSBC Account Holders.
Rewards – 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on the credit card
Accelerated Rewards – 3X Reward Points on online spends made within the first 2 years of card issuance and 5X Reward Points on subsequent purchases made after spending Rs. 4 lakh
Milestone Benefits – Movie ticket voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 50,000 in a calendar month
Dining Discount – Up to 15% discount across 700 restaurants in major cities of India
Easy Cash Facility – Facility of accessing instant cash across the world
HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card
Best suited for: Fuel Lounge Rewards
Note: This credit card is offered only to HSBC Account Holders.
Lifetime Free Credit Card – This card is completely free; there is no joining fee or annual fee
Travel Benefits – Enhanced travel benefits through air miles conversion on Jet Airways and Singapore Airlines
Lounge Access – Access to over 600 VIP Airport Lounges in India and overseas
Cashback on Movies – 50% cashback on PVR cinemas on purchase of movie tickets with the maximum benefit capped at Rs. 500 per month
Milestone Benefit – Movie ticket voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs. 75,000 in a calendar year
Discount on Dining – Up to 15% off at over 700 restaurants in major cities
Golf Privilege – Discounted green fees and dedicated 24-hour golf concierge service with complimentary green fees and golfers insurance
Fuel Savings – 1% Fuel Surcharge waiver at any fuel pump, any place
HSBC Credit Card Eligibility and Documentation
HSBC has set certain eligibility norms for the applicants. The income criteria may differ from one card to another. However, there are some common requirements such as-
- The applicant should be at least 18 years old
- The applicant should be an Indian Resident
- He/she should have a regular source of income
- He/she should not have any recent delinquencies
Some credit cards are only offered to HSBC Premier Customers.
Documents Required for HSBC Credit Card
Applicants are required to submit a few documents on the basis of which HSBC will decide their eligibility and credit limit. Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Income Proof are required to be submitted. Here’s a list of the documents that applicants need to submit-
- Duly filled application form for HSBC credit cards
- Identity proof which may include PAN, Aadhaar, Voter’s ID, etc.
- Address proof which may include Aadhaar Card, electricity bill, credit card statement, etc.
- Salary slip/certificate for employees of MNC corporates
- Photocopy of front and back of credit card and latest credit card statement for employee of other credit cardholders
- Photocopy of last 3 months’ salary slips for employees of Private Limited Companies
- Latest personal income tax returns and business card for self-employed applicants.
How to Apply for HSBC Credit Card
How to Apply Online for Best HSBC Credit Cards
You can apply for HSBC Credit Card on our website in a few simple steps-
Step 1- Click here to begin your application process
Step 2- Enter the required information and proceed to the list of credit cards that you are eligible for
Step 3- Find the HSBC Credit Card in the list and check your eligibility for the same by entering some more details
Step 4- If you are eligible, you can proceed with the application by filling out a form and submit it instantly
Once submitted, you will get a call from one of the credit card representatives of HSBC who will guide you through the process further. One of the field officers from the bank will also visit you to collect the required documents at your doorstep. If approved, your new card will be issued shortly.
You can also apply for HSBC credit cards directly through HSBC’s website as well.
HSBC Credit Cards Rewards Program
HSBC lets you earn while you spend through the credit card under the rewards program. You can get benefits in the form of rewards when you spend on shopping, travel, dining, etc.
- 1 Reward point for every purchase of Rs 250 on HSBC Classic Credit Cards
- 1 Reward point for every purchase of Rs 100 on HSBC Gold Credit Cards
- 2 Reward points for every purchase of Rs 150 on HSBC Platinum Credit Cards
- 2 Reward points for every purchase of Rs 100 on HSBC Premier Credit Cards
HSBC Credit Card Reward Redemption
Cardholders can redeem their reward points against the exciting redemption options available to them. It includes garments, jewellery, cosmetics, gift vouchers, or vouchers for any retail outlets, airline miles or as donation to any charity fund.
You can also convert the rewards earned on your HSBC credit card into air miles when booking flight ticket on Jet Airways & Singapore Airlines. Given below is the table for conversion ratio-
|Jet Airways||3 Reward Points = 2 JPMile**|
2 Reward Points = 1 JPMile*
|Singapore Airlines||1 Reward Point = 1 Kris Flyer Mile|
|British Airways||1 Reward Point = 1 Avios Mile|
*For HSBC Premier MasterCard® Credit Card
**For other HSBC Credit Cards
You can also access the online rewards catalogue to choose from a host of reward redemption options.
HSBC Credit Card Customer Care
The HSBC credit card customer care number is
1860 108 7788
1860 500 2277
HSBC Credit Card holders can contact any of the above two numbers to know anything about their credit card. The following facilities can be availed through HSBC Customer Care-
- Application Status – If the customer wants to check the status of the card application, the bank also helps in providing the relevant information. For checking the status, the applicant simply needs to visit the bank’s website and check the status online. The 24 hour HSBC bank’s phone helpline can also be contacted to know the status of the card.
- Credit Card Statement – The bank sends the credit card statement to the customer via an email every billing cycle which contains the list of transactions carried out per cycle and the amount required to be paid to the bank to settle the credit card debt. The statement is sent every month free of cost. In case the customer does not receive the statement, he or she can log into the bank’s website and check the statement by entering their credit card details or call at the banks phone helpline number and request for a statement.
- Online Payment – Customers can pay their credit card bills online through net banking facility provided by the bank. The various methods of online payment of credit cards bill are internet banking, NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer), Bill Desk, Visa Money Transfer, ECS (Electronic Clearing System – a process used by those customers who do not have an existing account with HSBC Bank). Customers who have any queries related to payment can contact the customer care team of HSBC.
One can also write a letter, email or message the bank with his or her queries and their problems will be solved within 10 working days.
HSBC Credit Card FAQs
Can I use HSBC Credit Cards to make international payments?
Yes. All HSBC Credit Cards are internationally accepted.
What happens if I lose my credit card?
You should immediately call the customer service of the bank to report the loss of card. The bank will issue a new card and dispatch it to your address.
My communication address has changed. How do I update it on my credit card account?
You can call the customer service department of HSBC to inform about any address change. If you have registered for the net banking services of HSBC, you can affect an address change through the same.
What if I cross the credit limit on my HSBC Credit Card?
HSBC charges an over-limit fee on its credit cards if the user exceeds the available credit limit.
Can I upgrade my HSBC credit card?
Yes. Card upgrade facility is offered by HSBC on its credit cards. However, your eligibility for the same will be decided by the bank. If you wish to upgrade to a better credit card, you can send a request to the bank and then they will check your application.
When is the interest charged on my HSBC credit card?
Interest is charged only if you revolve outstanding balances to the next billing cycle. In this case, new purchases will also attract interest from the very first day of the purchase.
Why is my HSBC credit card declined at a store?
The card can be declined because of many reasons, the most common being an insufficient credit limit. So, if you think you have sufficient limit and still your card is declined, you must call the bank to find out the issue.