Customers having a bank account with the State Bank of India (SBI) can check their account balance as and when required. They don’t have to visit the bank every time to get account balance details. Let us find out the respective SBI balance check number for every method.
SBI Balance Enquiry by Toll-free Numbers
SBI has introduced a toll-free number which can be used for balance enquiry, get mini statement, ATM card hotlisting and more. One can call on the following SBI toll-free number for balance enquiry:
As it is a toll-free number, callers won’t be charged for placing the call and the enquiry would also be free of cost. One can also place a call at the following toll-free number to check SBI account balance:
Check SBI Account Balance using Missed Call Banking Numbers
Missed call banking allows one to perform a number of banking operations just by giving a missed call or sending an SMS to the bank. The service is also provided by SBI and includes SBI balance check, mini-statement, E-statement (last 6 months), education loan certificate statement, home loan certificate statement, ATM configuration, generate ATM PIN, home and car loan details, social security schemes’ details, etc. This service is facilitated by RBI and provided by most banks in the country.
To check the account balance, customers can call on the SBI balance check toll-free missed call number mentioned below:
“BAL” to +91-9223766666
The SBI balance check number (toll free missed call service) for mini statement is mentioned below:
“MSTMT” to +91-9223766666
There may be specific but minimal charges associated with the service particularly for sending and receiving SMS. The charges are subject to the bank’s policy. However, most banks do not charge any fee for balance enquiry on their toll-free number. The biggest advantage of this facility is for the people who have multiple accounts in the same bank. The bank will send a message containing the balance information of all the SBI accounts with the account number and account type.
In case, this facility does not work due to a technical glitch, customers are advised to wait and try again after some time.
How to do SBI Missed Call Banking Registration
- Customers are required to register their mobile number with SBI savings account to avail this service
- This is a one-time process in which one has to send an SMS mentioning
‘REG<SPACE>Account Number’ to 09223488888
- A confirmation message will be sent to the account holder by the bank mentioning that the service has been activated for the account.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
How to Do SBI Balance Check through SBI Quick SMS Banking
SBI customers can use their mobile numbers to register for the SMS service and then use it to check their account balance. They can follow the steps mentioned below to register for the same. The format of the SMS is as given below:
SBI will send a registration confirmation message. Customers can then use this service to check SBI account balance, mini statement, cheque book request, e-statement, education loan interest certificate and home loan interest certificate.
How to Do SBI Card Balance Enquiry
SBI credit card users can check their balance and other details using the SMS service. One can get various details by sending an SMS to the number 5676791 in the format mentioned below:
|Available credit and cash limit
|Block your lost or stolen card
|Last payment status
|Reward point summary
|Subscribe to e-statement
|Request for duplicate statement
|DSTMT XXXX MM (Statement Month in MM)
How to Do SBI Balance Check through Mobile Banking
SBI offers mobile banking services to its customers through a range of mobile apps including YONO SBI, YONO SBI Lite, SBI Quick and BHIM SBI Pay. Here are the ways in which account holders can check SBI account balance using smartphones:
1. SBI Balance Check through YONO SBI
- SBI customers can download the YONO SBI app on their Android or iOS devices to avail the mobile banking facilities.
- One can log in using the mobile banking credentials.
- Customers can avail plenty of banking services such as balance enquiry, account statement check, funds transfer, etc.
2. SBI Balance Check Online through YONO Lite SBI
- Login to the YONO Lite SBI app using the username and password or fingerprint
- On the homescreen of the app, click on the “View Balance” option to check balance in the default account directly
- For other accounts, you will have to select the account whose balance you want to check
- You can check detailed transactions in the mPassbook section for each account
3. SBI Balance Enquiry through SBI Quick App
- Open the SBI Quick app on your smartphone
- You don’t need to login to the app to to avail balance enquiry services
- Click on the “Account Services” option in the “Without Login” tab
- Click on the call or message icon against the Balance Enquiry option to get your account balance
4. SBI Balance Enquiry using BHIM SBI Pay App
- Open the BHIM SBI Pay app
- Enter the 6 digit app PIN to login
- Click on the “View Balance” option mentioned below your default account
- The balance will be displayed on the screen
- To check balance in other linked accounts, select the specific account and click on View Balance
The process of balance enquiry for SBI credit cards is however different as the services for credit cards is managed by SBI Card. The mobile app is also different for SBI credit cards.
Checking Credit Report monthly has no impact on Credit Score
How to Do Balance Enquiry using SBI WhatsApp Banking
To access WhatsApp Banking in SBI, the user needs to send ‘Hi’ from the registered mobile number to +91-9022690226 and follow the instructions given on chat.
The user can also send an SMS in the mentioned format ‘WAREG<space>ACCOUNT NUMBER’ to 7208933148 from the mobile number registered with SBI.
Steps to Check SBI Balance via UPI
- Open any UPI app on your smartphone
- Login via the set code
- Click on the account you want to know the balance of
- Tap on check balance
- Enter the passcode to verify
- Upon verification, the balance will reflect on the screen
How to Do SBI FASTag Balance Check Online
SBI FASTag customers can check the remaining balance in their account online through various methods:
- SBI YONO App – Click on the FASTag option in the YONO Pay section to view balance and recharge your FASTag
- My FASTag app developed by IHMCL also allows users to check balance in the FASTag once they login to the app
- One can also visit https://fastag.bank.sbi/ and login to their account using the mobile number and password to view the remaining balance
How to Check SBI Account Balance through SBI Passbook
- State Bank of India issues passbook to its customers when they open a bank account.
- Customers need to keep their passbooks updated at all times to make sure that it contains information about all carried out transactions.
- Customers can open their updated passbooks to check the current balance and also see the record of both the debit and credit transactions carried out by them.
- Customers need to visit the bank branch for each passbook update.
- This method of balance enquiry is still available since a lot of people are still not keen on using net banking or mobile banking services provided by the bank.
How to Check SBI Account Balance through SBI ATM
Customers having an SBI account can also use the ATM-cum-debit card issued to them for SBI account balance. They need to visit a State Bank of India ATM and follow the steps mentioned here:
- Swipe the SBI ATM-cum-debit card
- Use the 4-digit ATM PIN
- Choose the “Balance Enquiry” option
- Finish the transaction
Customers also have the option to check their last 10 transactions by choosing the “Mini Statement” option at the ATM. The SBI ATM will print a receipt containing the details of the last 10 account transactions.
SBI account holders can also visit non-SBI or third-party ATM service to check their account balance.
It is important to note here that RBI has limited the number of free transactions per ATM card. Balance enquiry is also counted as a transaction.
Once you exhaust your free transactions, you will have to pay transaction charges for every transaction you carry out in the month. Remember, the number of transactions includes both carried out at SBI and non-SBI ATMs.
This is one of the primary reasons why account holders should opt for SBI balance enquiry online. Hence, it is advised that ATMs should be used for cash withdrawals or other services only.
SBI balance enquiry or any other bank account balance check should be done through mobile or online methods, which are convenient and both time and cost-effective.
How to do SBI Balance Enquiry by Netbanking
SBI account holders who have registered for the net banking facility can use their SBI net banking login id and password to log into their net banking account.
How to Do SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data abbreviated as USSD is a GSM communication technology used for the transmission of information between a mobile phone and an application program in the network. The SBI users holding Current/Savings bank account are eligible to use the service.
- One can enquire about the account balance
- Get the mini statement (last 5 transactions)
- Money transfer to accounts
- Mobile Recharge
How to start the USSD Session
This is important to note that the customers already using Application based or WAP based Mobile Banking Service will not be given access to use the service over USSD. Hence in case, the existing user wishes to avail the service, he/she needs to de-register from the App based or WAP-based service before registering for the USSD service.
To register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD, dial
The user will get a response ‘’Welcome to State Bank Mobile Application”. Upon providing the correct User ID, the customer will get the following response. Choose from the set of options given for the required service:
- Fund Transfer
- Mobile Top-up
- Change MPIN
- Forgot MPIN
The user needs to reply with the correct option number. Select ‘Answer’ and choose the serial number from the set of options given above and select ‘Send’.
How to use the SBI USSD service
Below mentioned is a detailed explanation of the mobile banking services one can avail of over USSD:
|Service via USSD
|Balance Enquiry & Mini Statement
|Prepaid Mobile Top-up
Your Credit Score Is Now Absolutely Free
How to Register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD
The account holders who wish to register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD service are required to SMS in the following format:
9223440000 or 567676
The SBI accountholder will receive a “User ID” and default “MPIN” via SMS.
It is to be noted that to register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD, it is mandatory for the user to change the MPIN and complete the registration process from the nearest ATM or branch. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Dial *595#
- Enter ‘4’ and Send
- Accept the terms & conditions displayed
- Press ‘Answer’ & Enter ‘1’
- Enter old MPIN and Press ‘Send’
- Enter new MPIN and Press ‘Send’
The MPIN will be changed and the user will receive the validation message via SMS. For further activation, the user needs to visit the nearest ATM or Bank Branch.
For activation at ATM, follow the given steps:
- Swipe the debit card & Choose ‘Mobile Registration’ option
- Enter the ATM PIN and Choose ‘Mobile Banking’
- Select ‘Registration and Enter the Mobile Number
- Choose ‘Yes’ and then select ‘Confirm’
- Collect the transaction slip displaying ‘Mobile Registration Successful’ message
What is the best method for SBI balance check online?
What is the best method for SBI balance check offline?
-Richa Khurana, SBI customer
Significance of Regular SBI Balance Check
Most public and private sector banks offer convenient and easy methods to help their account balance from anywhere, anytime. To stay on top of your financial life, one should keep a regular check of their bank balance.
Usually, SBI balance enquiry is one of the most popular services, as it is used for frequent reasons –
- To ensure that the account has sufficient funds for money transfer, cheque payment, etc.
- To check if the money sent by the receiver has been credited to the account.
- To make sure that the amount debited for a transaction that failed has been credited back.
- To see if the interest (in a savings account) has been deposited by the bank on time.
Why should one carry out balance enquiry more often?
It is advisable to keep a check on the account balance from time to time and ensure that there are no unauthorised transactions. Also, check your monthly statement to see your unnecessary expenses and cut them to save more money. Keeping an eye on the account balance and transactions can also help one make a sustainable monthly budget. SBI bank balance check is an easy process and you don’t have to rely on only a single method to get details.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
SBI Balance Check FAQs
Q. Is SBI Balance Enquiry facility available using USSD?
A. Yes, SBI balance enquiry number can be used for USSD as well. Account-holders can check SBI account balance, mini statement, fund transfer and more. To check USSD Code to avail SBI Balance Enquiry and other services, click here.
Q. How can an account holder check SBI Account Balance through SMS Banking?
A. Account-holders can SMS “BAL” to 09223766666 from their registered mobile number for instant SBI balance enquiry. For SBI mini statement, account holders can SMS “MSTMT” to 09223866666. SBI balance check number SMS service can be done only through the mobile number registered with the bank.
Q. Will SBI Quick send a message about multiple bank accounts in the same branch?
A. No, SBI Quick only sends messages about the account registered with the service. To avail this service in another SBI account, the customer has to deregister the first account and register with another SBI account. One can call at any of the SBI balance enquiry no to get complete details.
Q. Is SBI Quick available for all types of bank accounts?
A. SBI Quick missed call balance check service is available for specific accounts only. This includes a savings account, current account, overdraft account, and cash credit account. There is different SBI balance check no. for different products.
Q. How is SBI Quick different from State Bank Anywhere and State Bank Freedom app?
A. SBI Quick is entirely different from State Bank Anywhere and State Bank Freedom as it differs on two major grounds. The first difference is that SBI quick is not a money transfer service meaning that one cannot facilitate a financial transaction with it. The second big difference is that one does not need a login ID and password to use the service. The user only needs the registered mobile number in an activated state.
Q. What is the fee for contacting SBI bank balance check number?
A. No fee is required if you contact the toll-free SBI account balance check number.
Q. Can I use the toll-free service for knowing amount in my SBI zero balance account?
A. Yes, you can use the SBI balance check toll free number to check balance in the account.
Q. Can I contact the toll-free number if I want to know how to check balance in SBI through various methods?
A. Yes, you can contact the bank to get complete details. Alternatively, the information is available on the website as well if you want to know how to check SBI balance.
Q. Do I have to register first if I have to do SBI account balance check online?
A. Yes, you have to register with the bank first if you want to do SBI balance check online.
Q. How to know SBI savings account minimum balance requirement?
A. SBI has waived off all SBI savings account minimum balance requirements for all savings accounts.
Q. What is SBI balance enquiry missed call number?
A. You can give a missed call on 919223766666 from your registered mobile number to check your account balance through missed call banking.