Customers having a bank account with the State Bank of India (SBI) can check their account balance through numerous methods. SBI Balance Enquiry is offered through its toll-free number, mini statement, mobile banking, net banking, ATM, branch visit, SMS banking (SBI Quick), etc. One can opt for any one of the following methods for SBI balance check:
SBI Balance Enquiry Toll-Free Number
SBI customers can use the SMS banking services provided by the bank to check their SBI account balance or receive a mini-statement. All they need to do is give a missed call or send a SMS from their registered mobile number on the SBI balance enquiry toll-free number. In a few seconds, they will receive their balance details on their phone.
- To check the account balance, customers can give a missed call on the SBI balance enquiry toll-free number mentioned below:
Or SMS “BAL” to 09223766666
- The toll-free (missed call service) SBI balance check number for mini statement is mentioned below:
Or SMS “MSTMT” to 09223866666
Different Options for SBI Balance Enquiry
Here are a few alternate ways through which customers can do SBI account balance check:
- Net Banking
- SMS Banking
- SBI Card Balance Enquiry
- Mobile Banking using the State Bank of India (SBI) Mobile Apps
- SBI Anywhere
- SBI Quick
- SBI Online
- SBI Anywhere Saral (SBI mPassbook)
- Missed Call Banking
These SBI balance enquiry options have been discussed in detail here:
Customers having an SBI account can also use the ATM-cum-debit card issued to them for SBI account balance. They need to visit a State Bank of India ATM and follow the steps mentioned here:
- Swipe the SBI ATM-cum-debit card
- Use the 4-digit ATM PIN
- Choose the “Balance Enquiry” option
- Finish the transaction
Customers also have the option to check their last 10 transactions by choosing the “Mini Statement” option at the ATM. The SBI ATM will print a receipt containing the details of the last 10 account transactions. SBI account holders can also visit non-SBI or third-party ATM service to check their account balance.
It is important to note here that RBI has limited the number of free transactions per ATM card. Balance enquiry is also counted as a transaction. Once you exhaust your free transactions, you will have to pay transaction charges for every transaction you carry out in the month. Remember, the number of transactions includes both carried out at SBI and non-SBI ATMs.
This is one of the primary reasons why account holders should opt for SBI Balance Enquiry online. Hence, it is advised that ATMs should be used for cash withdrawals or other services only. SBI Balance enquiry or any other bank account balance check should be done through mobile or online methods, which are convenient and both time and cost effective.
SBI Net Banking
SBI account holders who have registered for the net banking facility can use their SBI net banking login id and password to log into their net banking account. They can choose a range of banking facilities provided by SBI to its customers including balance enquiry, home loans, mortgage loans, funds transfer, personal loans, etc.
SBI SMS Service
SBI customers can use their mobile numbers to register for the SMS service and then use it to check their account balance. They can follow the steps mentioned below to register for the same:
- SMS “REG<space>Account Number” to 09223488888 using your mobile number registered with SBI
SBI will send a registration confirmation message. Customers can now use this service to check the SBI account balance, mini statement, cheque book request, e-statement, education loan interest certificate and home loan interest certificate.
SBI Card Balance Enquiry
SBI credit card users can check their balance and other details using the SMS service. One can get various details by sending an SMS to the number 5676791 in the format mentioned below:
|Balance enquiry||BAL XXXX|
|Available credit and cash limit||AVAIL XXXX|
|Block your lost or stolen card||BLOCK XXXX|
|Last payment status||PAYMENT XXXX|
|Reward point summary||REWARD XXXX|
|Subscribe to e-statement||ESTMT XXXX|
|Request for duplicate statement||DSTMT XXXX MM|
(Statement Month in MM)
- State Bank of India issues passbook to its customers when they open a bank account.
- Customers need to keep their passbooks updated at all times to make sure that it contains the information about all carried out transactions.
- Customers can open their updated passbooks to check the current balance and also see the record of both the debit and credit transactions carried out by them.
- Customers need to visit the bank branch for each passbook update.
- This method of balance enquiry is still available since a lot of people are still not keen on using net banking or mobile banking services provided by the bank.
SBI Mobile Banking
SBI offers mobile banking services to its customers through a range of mobile apps including SBI Anywhere, SBI Online, and SBI Anywhere Saral. Here are the ways in which account holders can check SBI account balance using smartphones:
- SBI customers can download the SBI Anywhere app on their Android or iOS devices to avail the mobile banking facilities
- One can log in using the mobile banking credentials
- Customers can avail plenty of banking services such as balance enquiry, account statement check, funds transfer, etc.
- State Bank of India account holders can use the SBI online portal easily on their smartphones for SBI banking services such as funds transfer, balance check, account statement, NEFT, IMPS, etc.
- This app provides the interface similar to that of the SBI desktop website
- Just by entering the net banking credentials, customers get access to all these banking services instantly
SBI Anywhere Saral
- SBI corporate internet banking customers can use this app to carry out banking transactions
- They can do a funds transfer, mobile recharge, balance enquiry, check last 10 transactions, get a mini account statement, etc.
- Retail SBI customers cannot use this app for balance enquiry
SBI Account Balance through Missed Call Banking
Missed call banking allows one to perform a number of banking operations just by giving a missed call or sending an SMS to the bank. The service is also provided by SBI and includes SBI Balance Check, mini-statement, E-statement (last 6 months), and education loan certificate statement, home loan certificate statement, ATM configuration, generate ATM PIN, home and car loan details, social security schemes’ details, etc. This service is facilitated by RBI and provided by most banks in the country.
There may be specific but minimal charges associated with the service particularly for sending and receiving SMS. The charges are subject to the bank’s policy. However, most banks do not charge anything for balance enquiry on their toll-free number. The biggest advantage of this facility is for the people who have multiple accounts in the same bank. The bank will send a message containing the balance information of all the accounts with the account number and account type.
In case, this facility does not work due to a technical glitch, customers are advised to wait and try again after some time.
Missed Call Banking Registration
- Customers are required to index their registered mobile number for the service
- This is a one-time process in which one has to send an SMS mentioning ‘REG<SPACE>Account Number’ to 09223488888. A confirmation message from the bank will be sent mentioning that the service has been activated for the account.
Significance of Regular SBI Account Balance Checks
Most public and private sector banks offer convenient and easy methods to help their account balance from anywhere, anytime. To stay on top of your financial life, one should keep a regular check of their bank balance.
Usually, balance enquiry is one of the most popular services, as it is used for frequent reasons –
- To ensure that the account has sufficient funds for money transfer, cheque payment, etc.
- To check if the money sent by the receiver has been credited to the account
- To make sure that the amount debited for a transaction that failed has been credited back
- To see if the interest (in a savings account) has been deposited by the bank on time
Why should one carry out balance enquiry more often?
It is advisable to keep a check on the account balance from time to time and ensure that there are no unauthorised transactions. Also, check your monthly statement to see your unnecessary expenses and cut them to save more money. Keeping an eye on the account balance and transactions can also help one make a sustainable monthly budget.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
People always have questions in mind regarding several types of SBI balance enquiry methods. Some frequently asked questions are answered here.
What is SBI Balance Enquiry Number?
For SBI Balance Check, account holders can give a call to the SBI balance enquiry toll free number 09223766666. Account holders can also call SBI customer care number 1800112211 and 18004253800 for instant balance enquiry.
How can an account holder check SBI Account Balance through SMS Banking?
Account holders can SMS “BAL” to 09223766666 from their registered mobile number for instant SBI Balance Enquiry. For SBI Mini Statement, account holders can SMS “MSTMT” to 09223866666.
Will SBI Quick send a message about multiple bank accounts in the same branch?
No, SBI Quick only sends messages about the account registered with the service. To avail this service in another SBI account, the customer has to deregister the first account and register with another SBI account.
Is SBI Quick available for all types of bank accounts?
SBI Quick is available for specific accounts only. This includes savings account, current account, overdraft account, and cash credit account
How is SBI Quick different from State Bank Anywhere and State Bank Freedom app?
SBI Quick is entirely different from State Bank Anywhere and State Bank Freedom as it differs on two major grounds. The first difference is that SBI quick is not a money transfer service meaning that one cannot facilitate a financial transaction with it. The second big difference is that one does not need a login ID and password to use the service. The user only needs the registered mobile number in an activated state.