Bank of Baroda is a public sector Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat with 131 million customers across 20 countries. Bank of Baroda (BoB) is known for its efficiency in facilitating the customers with easy access to their bank accounts. Read this article to know ways to check BOB account balance.
Save more on Fuel with SBI BPCL Credit Card; Apply Now and Get Your Card in Just 7 Days*
Bank of Baroda Account Balance Check
Balance enquiry is one of the basic transactions that account holders carry out for different reasons. Bank of Baroda allows its customer to check their account balance in the ways listed here:
Passbook: A passbook is the simplest way for account holders to check their account balance. However, they need to get their passbooks updated by visiting the bank regularly to ensure that their Bank of Baroda account passbook reflects the current balance at all times.
ATM-cum-debit Card: Account holders can use their ATM cards to visit the ATM for Bank of Baroda account balance check. Here are the steps they need to follow:
- Swipe the card in the slot
- Enter their 4-digit ATM PIN
- Select “Balance Enquiry” from the options listed on the screen
- Complete the transaction after viewing the balance displayed on the screen
SMS: Bank of Baroda customers can use their registered mobile numbers to receive their account balance via SMS from the bank. They only need to send an SMS to 8422009988 in a specific format. The bank will reply with an SMS with the account balance of the customer. The customers can also request a mini statement and cheque status by using this facility. Charges are applicable for the Bank of Baroda SMS Banking service.
The SMS format required for Bank of Baroda have been listed here:
|Balance Enquiry||BAL < space > XXXX|
|Mini Statement||MINI < space > XXXX|
|Cheque Status||CHEQ < space > XXXX < space > Cheque No.|
|Un-subscribing SMS alert facility||DEACT < space > XXXX|
|Subscribing SMS alert facility||ACT < space > XXXX|
|XXXX denotes the last 4 digits of the Bank of Baroda account number|
Missed Call Service: If you are a Bank of Baroda customer, you can avail their missed call service. All you need to do is to call 8468001111 from your registered mobile number. The bank will send your account balance in an SMS. This is a free service that is available to Bank of Baroda customers 24×7 so that they can know their account balance irrespective of their physical location.
The Bank of Baroda accounts eligible for this service are:
A Bank of Baroda customer can avail this service for a maximum of 5 times per day. If the customer has multiple accounts with the bank then the bank will send a maximum of 320 characters (2 messages) to the customer. For balance check of other accounts, the customer may have to use other Bank of Baroda account balance check services.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
Online Bank of Baroda Account Balance Check
Here is how you can check your Bank of Baroda account balance online via Internet Banking, mPassbook and Mobile Banking-
Bank of Baroda Internet Banking
When customers open an account with Bank of Baroda, they can bank apply for the net banking service with the bank.
- The bank issues a user Id and password that the customer can use to log into the bank’s net banking website
- Once logged in, the customer can set his/her own password and start using the net banking services
- The customers who only want to check their account balance can choose to register for the “View facility”
- The customers who want to carry out transactions can register for the “Transaction facility”
- Bank of Baroda net banking service enables the customers to carry out a range of banking transactions such as balance enquiry, account statement, funds transfer, bill payment, etc. online without the need to visit the bank
- The customers do not even need to be in a particular location to use the net banking facility. They only need an internet connection and a browsing device such as a smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer
Your Credit Score and Report is Now Absolutely Free Check Now
Bank of Baroda mPassbook
Bank of Baroda mPassbook mobile app gives the account holders a chance to view their account balance using their mobile apps easily.
- It keeps a record of all the transactions carried out by the customer similar to a physical passbook
- Customers that have their mobile numbers registered with the bank can avail this service
- In addition to balance check, the customers can also download their account statements, locate a Bank of Baroda ATM within the 10km vicinity, tag the transactions for future reference
- The mPassbook app is available in 8 languages
- The app synchronises and updates automatically whenever the customer opens the app
Bank of Baroda Mobile Banking App
Bank of Baroda M-Connect Plus is the new and improved version of the Bank of Baroda M-Connect mobile banking app. The new app has a great user interface and offers a wide range of features to the customers.
- Customers can link their Savings account, PPF, current account, cash credit account, and overdraft account in the app
- The customer can check their account balance, download account statement, transfer funds within their own accounts, carry out third-party transfers, etc.