Your CIBIL score may change every month depending upon your past credit behaviour that reflects in your updated CIBIL report. Lenders, such as banks, NBFCs and other financial institutions provide your credit information to the TransUnion CIBIL on a monthly basis (30-45 days) for the credit bureau to calculate, generate and issue your CIBIL score. Further, consumers get clarity on their credit score that helps them in availing credit products, such as personal loan, home loan, business loan, overdraft, auto loan, credit card, etc. Higher credit score increases the chances of your loan or credit card approval; provided you fulfill the eligibility criteria, as defined by the lending institution.
Here you can check and download your free credit score and receive monthly updates. Read on to know the simple steps to download your CIBIL report with no impact on your credit score:
Steps to Check and Download your Free CIBIL Report
Step 1: Click here to check and download your free CIBIL report
Step 2: Enter your basic details, such as gender, full name, email address and mobile number to verify using OTP authentication by clicking on ‘Get Free Credit Report’ button.
Step 3: After you click on the ‘Get Free Credit Report’ button, you will get credit scores from all 4 credit bureaus
Step 4: On CIBIL tab, click on ‘Download Report’ to further choose the language and month and click on the ‘Download’ button to download your CIBIL report
Step 5:Your Date of Birth (DDMMYYYY format) is the password of your CIBIL report
Note: In case you find any discrepancy in your credit report, you can easily raise a dispute with CIBIL. However, for any other query, you can email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why to Check your Credit Report Regularly
It is imperative to check your credit report on a regular basis to stay updated with your credit score. Your credit report contains details, such as personal information, account details, payment history, outstanding balance, Days Past Due (DPD), if any, as well as active and closed accounts, recent enquiries, details of collateral/security, etc.
Most of the lenders need this information to process your new credit applications. Checking your credit report regularly shall help you to detect CIBIL report errors or inaccurate/incomplete information that may affect your creditworthiness and further lower your CIBIL score. Check your credit report for errors to report and resolve them at the earliest by via Consumer Dispute Resolution Process by filling an online dispute resolution form at CIBIL’s official website.
To read the benefits of checking your credit report regularly, click here.
Note: Checking your credit report regularly has no impact on your credit score. Your credit score is impacted only when a lender/provider requests your credit report from a credit bureau. This type of enquiry is known as a hard enquiry and is mentioned in your credit report as well.
Don’t Know your Credit Score? Check it now – Its FREE. Check Now
Benefits of Downloading Free Credit Report
From a time-consuming, paper-heavy and paid process, Paisabazaar has made checking credit score and downloading the credit report online and Free of Cost. Let’s discuss some of the benefits of checking your Credit Score:
- Multiple Credit Bureaus – Paisabazaar has partnered with all the four credit bureaus, such as TransUnion CIBIL, Equifax, CRIF High Mark and Experian. You can get your credit report from all the multiple credit bureaus in one place and all reports are free of cost
- Monthly Updates – A monthly update of your credit report is sent to customers on their email & WhatsApp every month absolutely free. Checking and downloading your credit reports from multiple bureaus can cost a lot but you get your credit report for free at Paisabazaar and receive monthly updates
- Credit Advisory Service – For customers with low credit scores, Paisabazaar.com has launched a unique Credit+ advisory service where credit experts deep dive into customers’ credit history and advise them to improve their score significantly. You can opt for Free trail for 30 days and further Rs. 99 per month.
- Detailed Credit Report – Customers get a detailed credit report with components, including personal information, payment history, account details, Days Past Due (DPD), credit score trends and more. These insights can help them in understanding their credit behaviour better and take corrective measures to improve and rebuild their credit score
- Pre-approved offers – Based on your creditworthiness, you can check and opt for pre-approved loan and credit card offers from leading banks/NBFCs. As these loans are pre-approved, the disbursal can be done almost immediately
- Other Offers – If you have an existing home loan, and you check your credit score on Paisabazaar, you may get pre-approved Home Loan Balance Transfer (HLBT) offers from partner banks and NBFCs. Home loan balance transfers can help you save big on interests in the long run because of longer repayment tenure
If you are new to credit, you will not have a credit score. Some lenders may refuse to provide loans or credit cards to you. In this case, you can start building your credit score with the help of a secured credit card that is offered against a fixed deposit and is approved almost immediately. You can apply for one such secured card, namely, Step Up Credit Card and start building your credit score so that you have high creditworthiness when you actually need a credit product.
Get Your Latest Credit Score in Just 2 mins. Check Now
Q. How can I access my past credit reports through Paisabazaar.com? Can I get a copy of my report on my email?
Ans. You can login to your Paisabazaar account using your registered mobile number and OTP and download your latest credit report from all the four credit bureaus for free.
Q. What is the default password to open the CIBIL report PDF?
Ans. The default password to open your credit report pdf containing your CIBIL score is your date of birth in DDMMYYYY format.
Q. How many times can I download CIBIL Report?
Ans. You can download CIBIL report online as many times as you want with no impact on your credit score. In addition to that, you get free update of your credit score every month.
Q. Can I download my CIBIL credit report in my language?
Ans. Yes, you can download your CIBIL credit report in English, as well as in other languages, such as Hindi, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu.
Q. How can I download CIBIL report from SBI?
Ans. At present, SBI does not offer CIBIL report to customers. However, you can check your CIBIL score for free through Paisabazaar and then apply for the credit product depending on your score and other eligibility parameters.
Other Credit Score Related Articles: