Read in: HindiUpdated: 04-02-2019 13:07:37 PM
Every beneficiary of the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme has been allotted a Universal Account Number (UAN). This 12-digit number allows an employee to connect all his PF accounts across different organizations and access them on a single platform, that is, the UAN Login Portal. On this portal, a member of EPF can find his KYC details, service record, UAN Card, etc. The transfer and withdrawal of provident fund amount have also become easier with the epf member e-Sewa!
How to Register at UAN Member Portal
You need to activate your UAN before logging into UAN Login Portal. You have to follow the steps mentioned below :
- Click on the “Activate UAN” present in the “Important Links” section.
- Enter your details and click on “Get Authorization PIN”.
- A PIN will be sent to your mobile number registered with EPFO.
- Enter this PIN to activate your UAN account.
- A system-generated password will be sent to you through SMS.
- It is recommended to change this password after logging in.
How to Reset Password at UAN Member Portal
Follow these steps to reset your password :
- Click on “Forgot Password” in the login section
- Now enter your UAN and captcha code
- Send the OTP to the registered mobile number
- Enter this OTP and click on submit
- Now reset your password and login to the UAN portal
UAN Login Process
Once you have logged in, you will be able to view your UAN Card, Profile and Service History. However, the passbook facility is not yet offered on the member portal.
- You will have to visit www.epfindia.gov.in >> Our Services >> For Employees >> Member Passbook.
- Login to the EPF passbook portal with your UAN and the same password to download the passbook.
UAN Member e-Sewa Portal Services
The UAN Login Portal offers you comprehensive services related to your EPF account. Here’s all you can do –
On the portal, you can view information related to your EPF Account. There are four types of information you can view on the portal –
1- Profile- Your complete EPF profile is available on the Portal. You can check the same under the ‘View’ tab.
Clicking on ‘Profile’ will lead you to your profile page which contains information such as-
- Date of Birth
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Whether you are an international worker
- Marital Status
- Differently abled or not
Out of the above information, only the mobile number and email ID can be edited by you.
2- Service History
A person is allotted only one UAN in his lifetime regardless of the number of companies he/she changes. Hence, the same UAN is to be fed by different companies into the system so that the person’s entire EPF contribution can be managed systematically and in a more transparent manner.
Although the UAN remains the same throughout, every organization you work with has to create a new PF account under the same UAN. The “Service Details” section of the website will show the following information for all organizations you have previously worked with including the one you are currently working with-
- Member ID
- Name of the Member
- Name of the Establishment
- Date of Joining EPF
- Date of Ending EPF
- Date of Joining EPS (Employee Pension Scheme)
- Date of Ending EPS (Employee Pension Scheme)
- Date of Joining FPS (Family Pension Scheme)
- Date of Ending FPS (Family Pension Scheme)
3- UAN Card
UAN Card can also be viewed and downloaded from the UAN login Portal. This facility is also available under the ‘View’ menu. This card can also be downloaded and presented at the PF office at the time of offline withdrawal or transfer.
4- EPF Passbook
- Under the ‘View’ menu, passbook option is also made available. However, this facility is not available on the portal. For viewing your passbook, you will have to visit the website- www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Under the Services menu, select the ‘For Employees’ option
- Click on ‘Member Passbook’.
- Now you will have to enter the UAN and Password (the same as e-Sewa Portal)
- Click on the Member ID of your current PF account to access the passbook.
Apart from just viewing the information as given above, you can also manage and modify a few of the details on your own.
1- Email ID and Mobile Number Registration
You can manage your contact details on the member website. For changing the contact number, an authorization pin will be sent to the new number. Once you fill the pin in the space provided, your mobile number will be updated. Similar steps have to be followed to update a new email ID on the UAN Member Portal.
A member of EPF can also update other KYC details such as –
- Bank Account
- Driving License
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- National Population Register
Supporting documents need to be uploaded along with the KYC details and the same should be verified by the employer. Only then it will be updated against the member’s UAN.
Various online services can also be availed such as-
1- Claim (Form 31, 19 and 10C)
With effect from February 2017, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has introduced the new composite claim forms to facilitate the full or partial withdrawal of PF. This claim section consists of the three forms – Form 31, 19 and 10C. However, an employee must note that for the purpose of claiming full/partial withdrawal through Composite Claim Form, Aadhaar must be linked to UAN.
You can also request the transfer of your PF amount from the previous account into the current one. Before applying for a PF transfer on the Portal, you should make sure that-
- Your KYC details updated on the website are correct
- Your previous/current bank account details and IFS Code is seeded into the UAN database
- KYC Details are seeded against the UAN
Employees should know that only one transfer request can be claimed on the previous PF account.
3- Track EPF Claim Status
One can also track the EPF claim status on the UAN Login Portal. If you have requested for a claim, the status can be checked in the ‘Track Claim Status’ section. You do not have to enter any acknowledgement number or PF account number.
If a member of EPF is facing difficulty in logging into the Member Portal, he/she can reach out to the customer care team of UAN. The customer support team can be reached via-
- Toll-Free Help Desk- 1800 11 8005
- Email ID- email@example.com
- Raising an issue on the website- www.epfindia.gov.in
- EPFO Regional/Sub Regional office (You can view the directory here- http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/Contact_us.php)
Please note that the help desk service is available from 9:15 AM to 5:45 PM.
FAQs related to UAN
1- How to reach the UAN Login Portal?
The URL of UAN Member Portal is- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2- What is the password to login to UAN member e-sewa portal for the first time?
Before logging, you will have to activate your UAN. When you do that, a password will be sent to your registered mobile number which should be used for the first login. It can also be used later but it is advisable to change the password after the first login.
3- Can I view my UAN Card on UAN Login Portal?
Yes. You can view as well as download your UAN Card in the “View” section at the portal.
4- Can I view my EPF passbook on UAN Member Portal?
No. This facility is not yet provided on the UAN Member Portal. Members will have to visit- www.epfindia.gov.in for checking their passbook.
5- Why are my previous member IDs listed on the portal?
All member IDs assigned to the person will be mentioned under the ‘Service Details’ section on the UAN Member Portal. This simplifies transfer and withdrawal claims for the member.
6- Can I change my email ID and mobile number of the EPF Member e-sewa portal?
Yes, these two details can be changed by the user. An authorization pin will be sent on the new mobile number/email id to activate the same.
7- Which documents should I submit for updating KYC Details?
PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, National Population Register, Bank Account Number, Passport, Election Card, Driving License, Ration Card, etc. are accepted for KYC update on the UAN Member Portal.
8- How do I know that the KYC update has been approved by my employer?
Unless it is approved, the status will show as pending. Once the employer approves it, approval status will be shown against that particular KYC section.
9- Will a new UAN get generated when I change my job?
No, you have to quote your existing UAN to the new employer so that the new PF account can be linked to the same.
10- Is there a customer service desk that I can reach for queries/complaints?
Yes. You can call on EPFO’s help desk 1800 11 8005 or email a brief of your complaint along with your UAN to firstname.lastname@example.org.