Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
What is UMANG App?
UMANG App, detailed as Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance Application was developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) with the idea of driving mobile governance in India. The mobile application aims at providing individuals the access to a range of central, state and local government services using only a single platform.
How to Download UMANG App for Android & iPhone?
You can download the UMANG App on your mobile phone using either of the following ways-
- Scan the QR Code provided on the official website
- Give a missed call on 97183-97183 and Download the app using the link that will be sent to you on your phone
- Visit the UMANG website here and enter your contact number in the required section. You will receive a link on the given number using which you can easily Download the app on your phone
- You may also visit Google Play Store (in case of Android users) or iTunes App Store (in case of Apple users) and type ‘UMANG app’ to download the application on your phone
How to Register on UMANG App?
Given below is a step by step guide to new user registration on UMANG App:
Step1. Launch the UMANG App and click on the “Register” option.
Step2. you will be now redirected to the mobile number verification page. Enter your mobile number in order to generate an OTP to complete the UMANG App registration process.
Step3. Once you have generated and input the OTP, you will be asked to create an MPIN and once you have set an MPIN, the registration is complete and you can view the UMANG App Home Page. This page shows a shortlist of recently opened services available through the UMANG App.
How to login UMANG App
You can log into the UMANG App using various methods as follows:
- You may use the mobile number registered with UMANG App and M-PIN to log in
- You may log in using the registered mobile number and OTP
- In case, you have updated your social media account details on the application, you can log in using any of your Facebook, Google+ or Twitter credentials
Key Features and Benefits of the App
The Umang Application offers the following benefits to its users-
- You can avail over 150 different services offered by the central and state governments easily
- Simple categorisation of services as Recently Viewed, New and Updated, Trending, Top Rated and Suggested has been made to enhance the app interface
- You can easily search for a specific State or Central Government service using the in-app filter
- The application is available in 12 regional languages such as Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Odia, Punjabi, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Urdu, apart from English
- You can even make easy online payment of various utility bills such as gas, water, electricity, etc.
- The application also offers key integration services including Digilocker and Aadhaar
List of Services Available on UMANG App
UMANG application facilitates its user with innumerable services. Given below are a few of them-
|Digilocker||A secure cloud-based platform for storing, sharing and verifying documents/certificates.|
|Aadhaar Card||You can View and/or Download your Aadhaar Card from your Digilocker Account|
|EPFO||This service on UMANG allows you to monitor your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) Account Balance, EPF Pension Account Balance, etc. using UAN and OTP to registered mobile number.|
|NPS||Logging in to the National Pension System account through UMANG App allows you to check your Tier 1 and Tier 2 Account balances, through PRAN and password|
|Pay Income Tax||This module available through UMANG application allows tax payers to pay their Advance Tax, Self Assessment Tax, etc. using Challan 280. After tax payment, the tax payment challan can also be tracked using the “Track Challan Status” service.|
|Ayushman Bharat||This is National Health Protection Scheme currently being implemented as a Pilot Project to provide primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare network to masses.|
|e-RaktKosh||This UMANG module is designed to provide access to blood banks through greater digitisation and connectivity of blood banks across the country.|
|Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna||This part of the Government promoted app is designed to provide services that promote financial inclusion across the country.|
|Jeevan Pramaan||The Jeevan Pramaan service is available only to the pensioners allowing them to generate a Life Certificate using mobile handset connected to an external biometric device|
|Parivahan Sewa – Vahan||At present, this module in UMANG allows you to make payment of commercial road tax if Registration Certificate of the vehicle is updated on Digilocker.|
It must be noted that the above list of services offered by the government through the UMANG application is not exhaustive. Mentioned above is a list of only a few of the services.
How to use Umang App Services?
You can avail the services offered by the UMANG app by downloading the application on your mobile phone using any of the either the QR Code on the website, giving a missed call or sending an SMS from your registered mobile number.
While the UMANG App registration/login can be completed using any phone number in India and OTP/password, individual services have to be accessed using credentials specific to that service. For example:
- To access the EPF module, you will need to provide UAN along with OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- To access NPS in UMANG App, you need to provide PRAN along with password/OTP to registered mobile number.
- To access the Income Tax Payment through UMANG feature, you will have to provide PAN along with key details such as date of birth and so on.
A Good Credit Score ensures you manage Your Finances Well Check Score
How to check EPF Balance on Umang App?
In order to check your EPF balance on the UMANG app, follow these steps-
- Click on the EPF module on the application’s home page
- This will redirect you to the UMANG EPFO login page
- Enter the details such as your UAN (Universal Account Number) and OTP sent to registered mobile number in order to log in
- Select either of the options from Employee Centric Services, General Services, Employer Centric Services, Pensioner Services and eKYC Services depending on your need
- In order to check you EPF Passbook balance, you need to click on the “View Passbook” link on the UMANG EPF page as shown below.
- You will now get directed to the Passbook Account Detail page on the app as shown below. This page shows the UAN you are logged in with and the PPF account details associated with the UAN provided
- Click on the specific PPF account number to view the detailed EPF passbook as shown below:
You can click on the Deposits or Withdrawals options to view specific transactions made on your EPF Account.
EPF Withdrawal Process using UMANG App?
You can easily raise an EPF withdrawal claim using the UMANG app once you have logged in to the application’s EPF portal. To withdraw EPF, Click on the ‘Raise Claim’ option as shown below.
UMANG EPFO module can be used to submit PF withdrawal applications (employee contribution only) along with request final settlement using Form 19 among others.
Read More: Why Should You Download Umang App for EPF?
A Good Credit Score ensures you manage Your Finances Well Check Score
Q1. – What is the key objective of UMANG App?
Ans – The key objective of UMANG is to promote e-Governance across India and speed up the overall speed with which government departments operate and respond to citizen requests.
Q2. – Does the UMANG App work on iPhones/iPad?
Ans – Yes UMANG App is available for use through both Android and iPhone.
Q3. – How do I find a specific service on UMANG?
Ans – If you know the specific UMANG service you want to use, you just need to type the name of the Central/State government in the UMANG search bar to access the chosen app.
Q4. – Are there any charges for using UMANG?
Ans – No. All government services provided through UMANG App are free of charge.
Q5. – Can I change my UMANG App Phone Number later on?
Ans- Yes. You can easily change the UMANG App phone number without the need to change your phone number to access other services. All you need to do is complete registration with the new app to change your UMANG App phone number.