What is UMANG App?
The full form of UMANG is Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. The UMANG App has been developed by National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) with the aim of driving mobile governance in India. This mobile app is designed to provide individuals access to a range of central, state and local government services using only a single platform.
How to Download UMANG App for Android & iPhone?
There are various ways to download the UMANG App on your mobile phone:
- Scan the QR Code provided on the Official Umang App website.
- Receive the UMANG App link on your phone by making a missed call to 97183-97183.
- Get a download link for the app by SMS to phone number provided by you on the UMANG website.
Alternately, you can also download UMANG directly from Andoid Play Store and Apple iTunes App store. The following are the applicable links:
How to Register on UMANG App?
The following is a step by step guide to new user registration on UMANG App:
Step1. Launch the UMANG App and click on the “Register” option.
Step2. Once you click the registration option, you will be redirected to the mobile number verification page. On this page you need to provide your mobile number in order to generate an OTP to complete the UMANG App registration process.
Step3. Once you have generated and input the OTP, you will be asked to create a MPIN and once you have set a MPIN, the registration is complete and you can view the UMANG App Home Page. This page shows a short list of recently opened services available through the UMANG App.
UMANG App Login
You can log into the UMANG App using various methods as follows:
- Mobile number registered with UMANG App and m-PIN
- Mobile number registered with UMANG App and OTP
- In case you have updated your social media account details with the app, you can login using your Facebook, Google+ or Twitter credentials.
Key Features and Benefits of UMANG App
The main benefit of UMANG is that you can access a range of online Government services offered by the central and state governments. The following are some key features of this Government scheme app:
- Simple categorisation of services as Recently Viewed, New and Updated, Trending, Top Rated and Suggested.
- Easily search for a specific State or Central Government service using the in-app filter.
- Available in multiple regional languages as well as in English.
- You can avail over 150 different Central and State government services using the App.
- Option of easy online payment of various utility bills – gas, water, electricity, etc.
- Key integration services on offer through UMANG App include Digilocker and Aadhaar.
List of Services Available on UMANG App
The following is a short list of services available through the UMANG Application for Mobile*:
|Digilocker||A secure cloud-based platform for storing, sharing and verifying documents/certificates.|
|Aadhaar Card||This allows you to view as well as download your Aadhaar Card from Digilocker Account.|
|EPFO||This service on UMANG allows you to monitor your EPF (Employee Provident Fund) Account Balance, EPF Pension Account Balance, etc. using UAN and OTP to registered mobile number.|
|NPS||National Pension System Login through UMANG App allows you to check your Tier 1 and Tier 2 Account balances, etc. through PRAN and password.|
|Pay Income Tax||This module available through UMANG application allows tax payers to pay their Advance Tax, Self Assessment Tax, etc. using Challan 280. After tax payment, the tax payment challan can also be tracked using the “Track Challan Status” service.|
|Ayushman Bharat||This is National Health Protection Scheme currently being implemented as a Pilot Project to provide primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare network to masses.|
|e-RaktKosh||This UMANG module is designed to provide access to blood banks through greater digitisation and connectivity of blood banks across the country.|
|Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna||This part of the Government promoted app is designed to provide services that promote financial inclusion across the country.|
|Jeevan Pramaan||The Jeevan Pramaan service is available only to pensioners. This UMANG module allows pensioners to generate a Life Certificate using mobile handset connected to an external biometric device.|
|Parivahan Sewa – Vahan||At present, this module in UMANG allows you to make payment of commercial road tax if Registration Certificate of the vehicle is updated on Digilocker.|
*The above list is not exhaustive and this is just a short list of 10 services available through the UMANG App.
How to use Umang App Services?
While the UMANG App registration/login can be completed using any phone number in India and OTP/password, individual services have to be accessed using credentials specific to that service. For example:
- To access the EPF module, you will need to provide UAN along with OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- To access NPS in UMANG App, you need to provide PRAN along with password/OTP to registered mobile number.
- To access the Income Tax Payment through UMANG feature, you will have to provide PAN along with key details such as date of birth and so on.
How to check EPF Balance on Umang App?
The following are the steps for checking EPF Balance on UMANG:
- Once you click on the EPF module in the UMANG home page, you will get redirected to the UMANG EPFO login page. You have to provide your UAN (Universal Account Number) and OTP sent to registered mobile number to log in.
- After logging in, you can select among options such as Employee Centric Services, General Services, Employer Centric Services, Pensioner Services and eKYC Services.
- In order to check you EPF Passbook balance, you need to click on the “View Passbook” link on the UMANG EPF page as shown below.
- On clicking the “View Passbook” option shown above, you will get directed to the Passbook Account Detail page on UMANG as shown below. This page shows the UAN you are logged in with and the PPF account details associated with the UAN provided.
- Click on the specific PPF account number to view the detailed EPF passbook as shown below:
You can click on the Deposits or Withdrawals options to view specific transactions made on your EPF Account.
EPF Withdrawal Process using UMANG App?
You can easily raise an EPF withdrawal claim using the UMANG app once you have logged into the EPF portal of UMANG. Just click on the “Raise Claim” option as shown below.
At present, UMANG EPFO module can be used to make PF withdrawal applications (employee contribution only) as well as request final settlement using Form 19 among others.
Read More: Why Should You Download Umang App for EPF?
UMANG App Related FAQs
Q – What is the key objective of UMANG App?
Ans – The key objective of UMANG is to promote e-Governance across India and speed up the overall speed with which government departments operate and respond to citizen requests.
Q – Does the UMANG App work on iPhones/iPad?
Ans – Yes UMANG App is available for use through both Android and iPhone.
Q- How do I find a specific service on UMANG?
Ans – If you know the specific UMANG service you want to use, you just need to type the name of the Central/State government in the UMANG search bar to access the chosen app.
Q- Are there any charges for using UMANG?
Ans – No. All government services provided through UMANG App are free of charge.
Q- Can I change my UMANG App Phone Number later on?
Ans- Yes. You can easily change the UMANG App phone number without the need to change your phone number to access other services. All you need to do is complete registration with the new app to change your UMANG App phone number.