Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a statutory body constituted by the Government of India to manage the EPF under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. EPFO Portal is the official government site that provides all the information related to Employees Provident Fund. It has separate categories for the employees and the employers in the section of ‘Our Services’. EPFO Unified Portal helps digitalise and simplify the operations for both the employer as well as the employee where one can log in using their username to check the status of Provident Fund. Through EPFO Member e-SEWA Portal one can use his UAN (Universal Account Number) to check and claim his contribution towards Provident Fund.
EPFO operates the following three schemes:
- The Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme 1952 (EPF)
- The Employees’ Pension Scheme 1995 (EPS)
- The Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme 1976 (EDLI)
An EPF account holder can now avail of multiple online services on the EPFO website. A brief account of these services has been described below:
How to register on EPFO Portal?
You can avail of a host of online services by registering on the EPFO member portal. If you are an EPF account holder, you can register yourself at the EPFO portal by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the EPFO member portal and click on the “Online Services” tab and select the “For Employees” option.
- Now click on the Member UAN/ Online Services option and you will be directed to the UAN member e-Sewa portal where you can register by clicking on the Activate UAN
- You need to provide personal details for registration such as your UAN, Aadhaar card, PAN, date of birth, mobile, and email ID.
- Once you enter the required details and submit, an authorization PIN will be sent to the registered mobile number. Please enter the PIN to validate your details. Congratulations, you have successfully registered on EPF/UAN member portal.
Also Read: How to link UAN with Aadhaar?
EPFO Login for Employees & Employers
- Go to the EPFO Website, under ‘Online Services’ section, click on For Employees. As the new dashboard opens up, go to Member UAN/Online Services (in the ‘Services’ section). You can also go directly to the EPF Member’s Portal/e-SEWA Portal
- Now login using UAN which is possible if you have an activated UAN (Universal Account Number). Below the ‘login’ section, there’s also an option to activate UAN. Incase you have not activated it, click on ‘Activate UAN’ and follow the instructions as mentioned above as ‘How to Register on EPFO Portal?’
- Once your UAN is activated, you can login any time to check Provident Fund balance, the status of any claim like PF settlement or Partial Withdrawal.
- Visit EPFO Official site, go to ‘For Employers’ in the drop down menu of ‘Online Services’. Click on ‘Online ECR/Challan Submission/OTCP’ under ‘Services’ from the new dashboard that opens up a new page. One can go directly to the EPF Unified Portal for Employers (make sure you login in ‘Employer’s Sign In’ and not ‘Establishment Sign In’, or switch the option that displays below the sign in tab)
- An Employer can login using Username after he has successfully registered his Establishment. In the ‘Services’ section, there’s an option for ‘Online Registration of Establishment’. Read the instruction manual and proceed.
EPFO Password Reset
In case you have forgotten your EPFO login password, you can reset your password by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the EPFO/UAN member e-Sewa Portal and click on the ‘Forgot Password’ option.
- Now enter your Universal Account Number (UAN) and verify it with the given captcha
- Please verify your registered mobile number on which OTP will be sent
- Submit the OTP that you have received on the registered mobile number. You will be redirected to the password reset page
- Please enter the new password and click on ‘Confirm’
Services Offered at EPFO Portal
1. One Employee-One EPF Account
One Employee-One EPFO Account is a facility recently launched by EPFO at its portal under which an EPF account holder can merge all their PF accounts under his UAN without the intervention of the employer.
The facility ensures that multiple accounts are merged and consolidated under one UAN as soon as possible.
2. EPFO Member Passbook Download
EPFO member passbook basically records all the transactions related to contributions/withdrawal made to the EPF as well as EPS account. The passbook also contains the details of the interest credited to the account of the EPF subscriber. You can now access and download your EPF passbook online using your UAN on the UAN member portal.
Also Read: How to Download Your EPF Member Passbook
3. Pensioner’s Portal
EPFO website also provides Pensioner’s Portal to answer pension-related queries. Pensioners can check their Pension Payment Order (PPO) number, passbook details, information related to pension credit and also submit Jeevan Praman Patra.
Also Read: Know More About Jeevan Praman Patra
4. Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) portal
The employer has to register with the e-Sewa portal in order to generate a user ID and a password. Once the employer is logged in, the Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) has to be uploaded along with the digital signature of the employer.
5. Principal Employer
For effective compliance, this facility interlinks the principal with the respective contract employer. The principal employer can upload the details with respect to the contract workers/work orders/outsourced job contracts to extend the coverage of EPF to more eligible employers.
Principal employer’s registration can be categorized into two:
- Establishment already registered with the EPFO with an establishment code and mobile number
- Government Departments / Organizations / Institutions not registered with the EPFO with a mobile number and PAN
6. TRRN Query
TRRN stands for Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN). It is using a temporary number to check the status of PF challan payment. It can be downloaded in PDF format without logging into the PF portal. The status of the Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN) can be checked online.
EPFO has set up a separate helpdesk for employees and employers with respect to UAN. One can ask his query through phone or by sending an email. One can contact at 1800-118-005.
8. COC Application Form
The Certificate of Coverage (COC) application form can be filled online by international workers through the EPFO website. The basic particulars such as the name and registered address of the employer and the employee are required.
How to Claim Forms at EPFO Portal?
If you have linked your aadhaar to your UAN, then you can raise a claim for partial or full withdrawal of EPF funds when unemployed and also at the time of retirement through claim settlement forms i.e. Form 31, 19 & 10C. Apart from that, you can also raise a request to transfer funds online. One needs to log in using UAN and go to ‘Claim (Form 31, 19 & 10C)’ under ‘Online Services’ section. Member details are displayed where the person needs to verify his bank details.
Also Read: How to claim PF online?
For International Workers
For the assistance of employers and employees, the Government of India has signed various agreements with the countries with respect to social security benefits that India and the corresponding country would provide to the migrant workers.
The countries that have signed the agreement with the Government of India are – Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Finland, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Czech Republic, Republic of Korea and Canada.
These international workers can use the EPFO website to apply for a Certificate of Coverage by simply entering certain key information of the employee and the employer.
The Indian citizen should have any of the following identity proofs to complete their application for the UAN –Aadhaar Card, PAN card, passport, or the voter’s ID.
e-KYC for EPFO
- Login to UAN member e-Sewa portal using your UAN and password
- Click on the ‘Manage’ tab and select the ‘KYC’ option shown in the dropdown menu.
- Now you can fill KYC details such as PAN, Aadhaar, Passport, Driving Licence, Ration Card, Election Card, National Population Register and Bank details.
- Tick on the box of the given KYC option which you want to update and enter the details associated with that option.
- Click on ‘Save’. Your data will be saved under the ‘Pending KYC’ section
- Now you details will be verified by the EPFO with the respective department. For example, your PAN will be verified from the Income Tax Department
- Once successfully verified by the concerned department, your KYC will be updated on the portal
How to download EPF passbook online?
EPF account holders can download and print the EPF passbook online using the EPF member portal. If you have registered yourself on the EPFO member portal, you can follow the steps mentioned below to download your EPF passbook.
- Visit the Member Passbook page on EPFO website
- Login using your UAN and EPFO portal login password
- Member IDs of all EPF accounts linked with your UAN will be displayed on the screen. Click on the Member ID for which you want to see the passbook details
- Your passbook will be displayed on the screen which you can also download
UMANG – Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance
The Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) is a Government of India all-in-one single unified secure multi-channel and multi-lingual app for e-governance. It is a single platform to use multiple citizen-centric services offered by local, state and central government bodies pan India. One can locate CBSE Centres, apply for Aadhar and use EPFO services among several others using this app.
Digital Services/SMS/Missed Call
You can use the Digital Services through UMANG App/official websites. You can send EPF Balance Request on 7738299899 that offers 24×7 support and in 10 languages including English and Hindi. It is one-to-one communication and less time-consuming. Registered members on UAN Member Portal can give a missed call on 011-22901406 from their registered mobile numbers where they get details of their last PF contribution and PF balance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How to Check EPF Grievance Status?
In order to address the grievances of the employer, EPFO has set up the EPFO grievance management system. An aggrieved employer can register his grievances by filling an online form. Grievances like Transfer of PF accumulations, Pension settlement, etc. are entertained by EPFO through this portal.
Q2. How to check Claim Status on EPFO?
You can now check the current status of any claim raised earlier by visiting the EPFO Portal. Go to the section of ‘Our Services’ and click on ‘For Employees’. You get the option of ‘Know Your Claim status’.
Q3. How to Transfer EPF Online?
The need for a transfer arises whenever the employee switches jobs. The employee needs to log in to the member portal using UAN and go to ‘Online Services’ and click on ‘Transfer Request’.
Q4. How to Register your Mobile Number on EPFO?
- Visit EPF Member Portal
- Click on “Activate UAN”
- Enter your UAN, name, date of birth, mobile number and email id
- Now click on “Get Authorization Pin”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number
- Enter the OTP to activate your UAN and this mobile number will also be registered with your EPF
Q4. How to Check your EPF Claim Status?
You can check through UAN Member Portal by logging in, through EPFO Website by entering PF Account Number or UAN, by Calling EPFO Toll-Free Number and using Umang App. In UMANG app, go to Employee Centric Services and select EPF. Click on ‘Track Claim’ and enter UAN to know the status.You can also take help from the helpdesk.