Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a statutory body constituted by the Government of India to manage the EPF under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. EPFO Login on the EPFO website helps digitalise and simplify the operations for both the employer as well as the employee!
EPFO operates the following three schemes:
- The Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme 1952 (EPF)
- The Employees’ Pension Scheme 1995 (EPS)
- The Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme 1976 (EDLI)
An EPF account holder can now avail of multiple online services on the EPFO website. A brief account of these services has been described below:
Services Offered at EPFO Portal
1. Universal Account Number (UAN) Services
UAN is basically a 12-digit number allotted to every EPF account holder by the EPFO which acts as your umbrella id for all the EPF related matters. UAN does not change with job changes, only a new member id gets linked to the existing UAN. The employee can simply put a request for a new member id by presenting its UAN to the new employer.
Also Read: How to Know and Activate Your UAN Number
Through UAN, you can avail of a number of EPF services online such as updated PF passbook including all EPF transfer details, facility to link previous member id with current member id and the facility of an auto-triggering transfer request in case of change of employment.
If you have linked your aadhaar to your UAN, then you can raise a claim for partial or full withdrawal of EPF funds through claim settlement forms. Apart from that, you can also raise a request to transfer funds online.
Also Read: 5 Things To Do At UAN Member Portal
2. EPFO Member Passbook Download
EPFO member passbook basically records all the transactions related to contributions/withdrawal made to the EPF as well as EPS account. The passbook also contains the details of the interest credited to the account of the EPF subscriber. You can now access and download your EPF passbook online using your UAN on the UAN member portal.
Also Read: How to Download Your EPF Member Passbook
3. Know Your Claim Status- KYC
You can now check the current status of any claim raised earlier on EPF member portal. This will help you stay updated on your EPF transfer request by tracking the claim status. However, you must have registered and logged in to your EPF account to know your current claim status.
4. Pensioner’s Portal
EPFO website also provides Pensioner’s Portal to answer pension-related queries. Pensioners can check their Pension Payment Order (PPO) number, passbook details, information related to pension credit and also submit Jeevan Praman Patra.
Also Read: Know More About Jeevan Praman Patra
5. One Employee-One EPF Account
One Employee-One EPFO Account is a facility recently launched by EPFO at its portal under which an EPF account holder can merge all their PF accounts under his UAN without the intervention of the employer.
The facility ensures that multiple accounts are merged and consolidated under one UAN as soon as possible.
6. Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) portal
The employer has to register with the e-Sewa portal in order to generate a user ID and a password. Once the employer is logged in, the Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) has to be uploaded along with the digital signature of the employer.
7. Online transfer of employees account / Claim settlement
The need of a transfer arises whenever the employee switches jobs. Funds contributed by him towards his PF during his work tenure with the older organization have to be effectively shifted or withdrawn.
- The EPF balance and interest received on the fund has to be either shifted to the new organization or has to be withdrawn.
- Fund transfer can be done both online and offline.
- It also allows the employee to keep a track of his claim status and get regular updates on the same.
The online transfer claim portal (OTCP) makes it convenient for the employee to file a request with the employer to transfer his/her balance in the account from one employer to another and for submitting request of claim settlement. The employer can view all requests under one heading. All organizations can view these claims, verify the correctness of the claim to approve and settle it online.
8. EPFO Grievance Management System (EPFiGMS) for Employers
In order to address grievances of the employer, EPFO has set up the EPFO grievance management system. An aggrieved employer can register his grievances by filling an online form. The form requires the basic status (EPF pensioner/employer/EPF member/any other category) of the aggrieved, PF account number, the area under which the account holder’s PF office falls, name and address of the organization along with the details of the complainants such as the name, address and other contact details. Following grievances are entertained by EPFO through this portal:
- PF withdrawal or final settlement
- transfer of PF accumulations
- scheme certificate
- pension settlement
- issue of PF slip
- payment of insured amount
- misplaced or returned Cheque
By entering the grievance registration number and the password one could look at the status of his/her complaint.
9. Principal Employer
For effective compliance, this facility interlinks the principal with the respective contract employer. The principal employer can upload the details with respect to the contract workers/work orders/outsourced job contracts to extend coverage of EPF to more eligible employers.
Principal employer’s registration can be categorized into two:
- Establishment already registered with the EPFO with an establishment code and mobile number
- Government Departments / Organizations / Institutions not registered with the EPFO with a mobile number and PAN
10. TRRN Query
The status of the Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN) can be checked online.
EPFO has set up a separate helpdesk for employees and employers with respect to UAN. One can ask his query through phone or by sending an email.
12. COC Application Form
The Certificate of Coverage (COC) application form can be filled online by international workers through the EPFO website. The basic particulars such as the name and registered address of the employer and the employee are required.
For International Workers
For the assistance of employers and employees, the Government of India has signed various agreements with the countries with respect to social security benefits that India and the corresponding country would provide to the migrant workers.
The countries that have signed the agreement with the Government of India are – Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Finland, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Czech Republic, Republic of Korea and Canada.
These international workers can use the EPFO website to apply for a Certificate of Coverage by simply entering certain key information of the employee and the employer.
The Indian citizen should have any of the following identity proofs to complete their application for the UAN –Aadhaar Card, PAN card, passport or the voter’s ID.
How to register on EPFO Portal?
You can avail of a host of online services by registering on EPFO member portal. If you are an EPF account holder, you can register yourself at the EPFO portal by following steps mentioned below:
- Go to EPFO member portal and click on “Online Services” tab and select the “For Employees” option.
- Now click on the Member UAN/ Online Services option and you will be directed to UAN member e-Sewa portal where you can register by clicking on the Activate UAN
- You need to provide personal details for registration such as your UAN, aadhaar, PAN, date of birth, mobile and email id.
- Once you enter the required details and submit, an authorization PIN will be sent to the registered mobile number. Please enter the PIN to validate your details. Congratulations, you have successfully registered on EPF/UAN member portal.
Also Read: How to link UAN with Aadhaar?
e-KYC for EPFO
- Login to UAN member e-Sewa portal using your UAN and password
- Click on the ‘Manage’ tab and select the ‘KYC’ option shown in the dropdown menu.
- Now you can fill KYC details such as PAN, Aadhaar, Passport, Driving Licence, Ration Card, Election Card, National Population Register and Bank details.
- Tick on the box of the given KYC option which you want to update and enter the details associated with that option.
- Click on ‘Save’. Your data will be saved under the ‘Pending KYC’ section
- Now you details will be verified by the EPFO with the respective department. For example, your PAN will be verified from the Income Tax Department
- Once successfully verified by the concerned department, your KYC will be updated on the portal
EPFO Password Reset
In case you have forgotten your EPFO login password, you can reset your password by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the EPFO/UAN member e-Sewa Portal and click on the ‘Forgot Password’ option.
- Now enter your Universal Account Number (UAN) and verify it with the given captcha
- Please verify your registered mobile number on which OTP will be sent
- Submit the OTP that you have received on the registered mobile number. You will be redirected to the password reset page
- Please enter the new password and click on ‘Confirm’
How to download EPF passbook online?
EPF account holders can download and print the EPF passbook online using the EPF member portal. If you have registered yourself on the EPFO member portal, you can follow the steps mentioned below to download your EPF passbook.
- Visit the Member Passbook page on EPFO website
- Login using your UAN and EPFO portal login password
- Member IDs of all EPF accounts linked with your UAN will be displayed on the screen. Click on the Member ID for which you want to see the passbook details
- Your passbook will be displayed on the screen which you can also download