UAN is a 12-digit Universal Account Number allocated to every PF account holder upon joining taking his/her first job. A PF account number, once allocated continues with every organization with the help of UAN. The new PF id of the employee is linked with his UAN in every new organization that the employee joins. UAN can basically be defined as a number that tags multiple PF account IDs of a single member. It acts as an umbrella for the multiple PF IDs allotted to individuals by different organizations.
What is UAN Helpdesk?
The Employee Provident Fund Organization, India has a seperate online helpdesk for (Universal Account Number) UAN-related complaints and problems. Users can visit the portal online and solve their queries on their own or get in touch with the executives offline. Employees can also write down their complaints via email or directly contact the EPF officials via their toll-free number.
EPF Helpdesk can assist employees with the following queries, amongst many others-
- Finding the UAN
- Reporting the allotment of one or more UANs
- Passbook unavailability
- Changing the registered mobile number
- Technical issues
- Updating KYC details
- UAN Portal issues
- Guidance for EPF Transfer
- New Employee Linking Problem
- Non-reception of OTP
EPFO services are also available on the UMANG application. You just need to give a missed call at 9718397183 or visit the play/app store in order to download the app on your mobile device.
UAN Helpdesk Online
Follow the given steps to visit the UAN Helpdesk online-
- Visit the EPFO official website here
- Go through the UAN helpdesk link
- Click on the ‘member link’
- Fill in the required information
- Write down your complaints and queries and click on ‘Submit’
What is UAN Helpdesk Toll Free Number?
To register any complaints regarding your EPF UAN, you can call the customer care executives of EPFO at their toll free number- 1800 118 005.
UAN Helpdesk Mail ID
You can write down your queries to the officials of EPF office at email@example.com.
UAN Profile Update
To make any changes to your personal, contact or basic details, visit the EPF portal here.
On the top menu, click on ‘Manage’ and edit the details accordingly.
UAN Mobile Number Change
To change your UAN mobile number, follow the given steps-
- Login to the EPF portal with your UAN and password
- Go to the ‘Manage’ tab on the top menu and click on ‘Contact Details’
- Choose the option that asks you to change your mobile number
- Enter your new mobile in the required fields
- Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’
- Enter the OTP sent to your new mobile number and click on ‘Save Changes’
EPF Date of Birth Correction Online
In order to edit your date of birth on the EPF portal online, you need to follow the given steps-
- Log in to the EPF Portal here
- Enter your details like the UAN, Password and Captcha
- After logging in, click on ‘Manage’ and then click on ‘Modify Basic Details’
- On the next page that appears, enter the details that you want to edit and click on ‘Update’ shown on the right side of the page
- The next page will you show you a message saying that your approval is pending by the employer
- You must now get in touch with your employer asking him/her to approve the changes. After this, EPFO will approve your changes and you will be sent a notification regarding the same
Please note that it may take around 30 days for EPFO to approve your changes.
Getting the KYC done for your UAN is important in order to eliminate the dependency of employees on their employers when they move to a new organization. The KYC details get tagged against the allotted UAN of the employee, thereby enabling the continuation of only one PF account for one employee.
While updating the KYC of your UAN, you will need the following documents-
- Bank Account Number
- Driving License
- Election Card/Voter ID
- Ration Card
- National Population Register
Queries related to the KYC of your UAN can be resolved with the help of UAN Helpdesk. You can give a call at the EPFO toll-free number which is- 1800118005 between 9:15 AM and 5:45 PM on all 7 days.
- How is the UAN toll free number?
UAN customer care toll free number is 1800 118 005
- How can I get in touch with EPFO via email?
You can get in touch with the officials of EPFO helpdesk via their email id- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is UAN confidential?
UAN is a unique number given to all employees by their organizations. An employer can authenticate his employee through his UAN if his KYC documents are verified. Hence, UAN is an important number and must be kept confidential and safe.
- How many UANs can one person have?
As per the rules, one employee can have only one UAN. Having more than one UAN knowingly is considered illegal.
- Can an employee create a UAN?
Employees who do not have a UAN can create it on the EPFO portal using their Aadhaar number. The online mechanism laid down by EPFO must be used to self generate the UAN.
- Can I edit my UAN details online?
Yes, you can easily edit your personal, contact and basic details on the EPFO portal under the ‘Manage’ section in the top menu bar.