To apply for new Aadhar Card, you need to visit an Aadhaar enrolment center near you. At the enrolment center, you need to fill a form, submit your biometric details along with documents required for the verification of proof of identity and the proof of address.
A Good Credit Score can help in getting Loan Approvals Easily Check Now
Applying for the Aadhaar Card at an Enrolment Centre
The most important thing that an applicant should keep in mind before applying for an Aadhaar is to have all documents required for the Aadhaar card ready while visiting the enrolment centre. The application process for Aadhaar card is same for all Indian citizens including minors and senior citizens.
They only have to furnish relevant documents at the time of enrolment. Here is how a person can do this:
- Find an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre near you. If you reside in Tier I cities, you can find it at
https://uidai.gov.in/images/Tier1_Cities_PECs.pdf. You can also find Aadhaar Enrolment Centres in other cities by visiting
- Fill the enrolment form (the form is also available online at
- Submit the form along with supporting documents such as the proof of identity and the proof of address.
- After all the documents are accepted, submit your biometric data, including your fingerprints and the iris scan. Your photograph is also taken for Aadhaar.
- Collect the acknowledgement slip that contains the 14-digit enrolment number. It is used to check Aadhar card status. The Acknowledgement slip should be kept safely till you get your Aadhaar card.
There are some states and Union Territories in India where the Aadhaar enrolment is carried out by the Registrar General of India. The places include:
- Arunachal Pradesh.
- West Bengal.
- Tamil Nadu.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- Bangalore rural.
- Jammu & Kashmir
The process of applying for Aadhaar remains the same for these places as it is for the rest of the country.
Your Credit Score Is Now Absolutely Free Check Now
Get Your E-Aadhaar
Once all the documents and biometric data required for the Aadhaar card are submitted, it can take up to 90 days, i.e. 3 months, for the Aadhaar card to be sent to your residential address. The card will be sent via India Post and due to high number of people applying for the Aadhaar card, it may take more than 90 days to reach to the respective cardholder.
However, if a person is in need of his/her Aadhaar card and in hurry, he/she can download a copy of the Aadhaar card which is also known as E-Aadhaar. To get the e-Aadhaar online you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Aadhaar Card official website
- Fill in the form using the enrolment number or the Aadhaar number
If you have the enrolment number, enter the enrolment number, date and time as mentioned in the acknowledgement slip and your name, pin code and mobile number.
If you have your Aadhaar number, enter it along with your name, pin code and mobile number.
3. After all the details are entered, an OTP (One Time Password) is generated that will help in downloading a coloured version of the Aadhaar letter which is as valid as the Aadhaar card itself.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Check Aadhaar Card Enrolment Status
- You can check your Aadhaar Card enrolment status using the 14-digit enrolment number that you see on the acknowledgement slip.
- Aadhaar card status can be checked both online via the UIDAI website and offline
To know more, click here.
FAQs on Apply New Aadhaar Card
Q. I am not in India and I don’t have an Aadhaar card. Can I apply for Aadhaar card from outside India?
A. NRIs can only apply for Aadhaar card upon their arrival in India, provided they have a valid Indian passport and have resided in India for 182 days in the preceding 1 year.
Q. Can NRIs apply for Aadhaar card?
A. Yes, NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar on arrival.
Q. Can a US citizen apply for Aadhar card?
A. A US citizen, if residing in India for the past 182 days in the preceding year, can apply for Aadhaar.
Q. What are the documents required for applying for an Aadhar card?
Some basic documents that are required while applying for Aadhar Card are –
- PAN card
- Either Ration/ PDS Photocard
- Voter ID Card
- Driving license
- Photo identification cards issued by the GOI
- Service photo ID cards that are issued by a PSU
Note: To know more about the documents required for Aadhaar Card, click here.