An Aadhaar card is considered to be one of the most important documents to avail various government-related services. This card is your unique identity that contains all your relevant information like biometric and demographic details. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues the Aadhaar Card. You can use this card to open a bank account, FD investment, apply for a personal loan, linking with government documents, etc. Aadhaar card verification is done to check if the Aadhaar mentioned in a document actually belongs to the applicant or not.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
The Need for Aadhaar Card Verification
To ensure the validity of the card and also to make sure that it has been issued, you can verify your Aadhar card. You can also update any details online. At the time of the verification process, the following information of the individual is displayed on the Aadhar card official website:
- The state which you are a resident of
- Your gender
- Your age
If you notice any discrepancy, you can contact the UIDAI either by sending an email or by calling the toll-free number.
Verification Process of Your Aadhaar Card
How to Verify Aadhaar Card Online
To verify your Aadhaar card online, it is essential for you to have your Aadhaar number or the UID. The basic steps that you need to follow for Aadhaar card online verification are as follows:
Step 4. You will be redirected to a new page for Aadhaar Verification
Step 5. Enter your 12-digit Unique Identification Number, i.e. Aadhaar Number
Step 6: Enter “Captcha Verification” from the given box
Step 7: Click on “Proceed And Verify Aadhaar”
Step 8: Your Aadhaar verification will be done
Aadhaar Paperless Offline e-KYC:
Aadhaar paperless offline e-KYC is a secure document that can be shared and used by an Aadhaar cardholder for offline verification of identification. The following are the key steps that you need to follow for Aadhaar card offline verification:
Step 1. Visit the official UIDAI website i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/
Step 2. Click on “My Aadhaar” and select “Aadhaar Paperless Offline e-kyc (Beta)” listed under “Aadhaar Services”.
Step 3. Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number or 16 digit Virtual id
Step 4. Create a Share Code of 4-characters and enter the “Security Code” that you see on your screen
Step 5. Verify using an OTP or TOTP
Step 6: A password-protected (with Share Code as the password) ZIP file containing the Paperless Offline eKYC will be downloaded into your desktop/device. To avail the service, you need to share the ZIP file, the Share Code and registered mobile number with the service provider.
This process allows the service provider/ Offline Verification Seeking Entity (OVSE) to easily verify a person’s Aadhaar offline without the need to store or collect their Aadhaar number. They can simply verify by matching the last four digits of a person’s Aadhaar number and their demographic information with information contained in the central database.
How to Verify Aadhar Card on Smartphone
Here is how you can verify your Aadhaar card using the Aadhaar QR code Scanner app:
- Install the Aadhaar QR code Scanner app on your device
- Scan the QR code available on your physical Aadhaar, e-Aadhaar or mAadhaar
- Once the QR code is digitally confirmed at the backend, your demographic information and photograph will be digitally displayed for verification
How to Verify Aadhaar using mAadhaar App
There are two ways to verify Aadhaar using the mAadhaar app:
Verify Aadhaar by Scanning the QR Code
- Open the mAadhaar app on your phone
- Click on “QR Code Scanner” listed under Aadhaar services
3. Proceed to scan the QR code available on your Aadhaar to complete the verification.
Verify Aadhaar Using your Aadhaar Number
- Open the mAadhaar app on your phone
- Click on “Verify Aadhaar” listed under Aadhaar Services
3. Enter your Aadhaar number, captcha code and click on “Submit” to complete the Aadhaar verification
How to Check if Your Aadhaar Card is Deactivated or Not
Step 1: Visit UIDAI’s website
Step 2: Click on the “Verify Aadhaar Number” option under the “Aadhaar Services” section
Step 3: You will be redirected to the Aadhaar verification website page
Step 4: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the security code in boxes provided on the page
Step 5: Now click on the “Verify” button to know that your aadhaar card is active or deactivated
Step 6: If your Aadhaar is active, a message will be displayed stating “Aadhaar Verification Completes!”
Step 7:Also If a green tick mark appears, It means that your Aadhaar card has not been deactivated
Step 8:Other details such as your age band, gender, state and mobile number will also be mentioned
Why is Aadhaar Card Verification Necessary
- The Unique Identification Authority of India recently detected many people trying to make fake Aadhaar Cards. To avoid problems related to this, UID verification facility has been provided
- With the help of the simple verification process, you can not only ensure your Aadhaar card is original, but also if the details are correct
- If you fail to verify your Aadhaar card, there is a high probability that someone might be misusing a copy of your card and this will fail the entire purpose to have a card
- If your Aadhaar card exists and has been issued, it will be displayed on the screen
Advantages of Aadhaar Card Verification
The main aim of introducing the card was to have a single document which will work as both identity and address proof. The Aadhaar card should not be and cannot be treated as the proof of citizenship of India. From the time the card was introduced to the present times, the Aadhaar card has become very useful and it can be used in many places and is not just an identity proof.
Some of the advantages of Aadhaar card verification are as follows:
- Filing Income Tax Returns: It will help you in filing the income tax returns online. You need to link your Aadhaar card on the e-filing website and upload the income tax returns easily.
- Passport: Now with the help of an Aadhaar card, it is possible for you to get your passport in a few days instead of standing in long queues.
- Identity Proof: Aadhaar card is an identity proof of every resident of the country. The details of all the card holders are safe with the government. The biometric data can be used to authenticate the identity of that individual if the need arises.
- Purchase of New Vehicle: Many states are making it mandatory to show the Aadhaar card when buying a new vehicle. Also the card has been made mandatory for getting a driving license.
- New SIM: There is also a discussion to make it mandatory for any individual to show an Aadhaar card when buying a new sim card. If this comes through, it will get difficult to get a new mobile connection without the card.
- Bank Account: Opening bank accounts has become very simple if you have an Aadhaar card.
- Pension: The pension money is easily available now with the help of the Aadhaar card.
- Using your Aadhaar card you can get a digital life certificate and this reduces all physical work needed to get pension.
- Government subsidies are now easily available with the help of the Aadhaar card.
- The government has also proposed that the Aadhaar cards of government employees should be linked to various activities in the office like the attendance.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Verification
There are no documents required for Aadhaar card verification. It is an online process and the data is validated against that already fed in UIDAI’s database.
A number of documents can be verified using an Aadhaar card. Some of those are a driving license, PAN card, passport, voter’s ID card, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. Also, the person has to be physically present at the center in order to record the biometric data.
Read more about The documents required when applying for an Aadhar card
A Good Credit Score can help in getting Loan Approvals Easily Check Now
How to Verify Aadhaar Card Mobile Number/Email ID
Here is a step-by-step guide to verify email/mobile number online and using the mAadhaar app:
Steps to Verify Email/Mobile Number Online
- Visit the UIDAI website and click on “Verify Email/Mobile Number” listed under Aadhaar Services
- Select whether you want to verify your mobile number or email address
- Enter your Aadhaar number, mobile number or email id, captcha code and click on “Send OTP” to complete the verification process
Steps to Verify Email/Mobile Number via mAadhaar App
- Open the mAadhaar app on your phone
- Click on “Verify Email/Mobile” listed under Aadhaar Services
- Choose whether you want to verify mobile number or email ID
- Enter your Aadhaar number, mobile number or email id, captcha code and click on “Verify” to view your verification status
FAQs on Aadhaar Verification
Q. How much does Aadhaar verification cost?
You are not required to pay any charges to verify your Aadhaar card irrespective of the verification method that you may choose to use.
Q. Is it possible to verify Aadhaar on someone else’s behalf?
Yes, you can verify Aadhaar on behalf of someone else using their Aadhaar QR code or Aadhaar number. This helps in gauging the authenticity of an Aadhaar card. However, only generic details like your age band, gender and state are shared and therefore, your Aadhaar data cannot be misused in any way.
Q. How much time does it take to verify Aadhaar?
Aadhaar card verification be easily carried out online at your convenience and usually takes just a couple of minutes.