Account holders can link Aadhaar with bank accounts both online and offline. You can link your Aadhaar Card to your bank account online either through the bank’s mobile application or through internet banking. However, to avail the facility, the user should be registered with the bank for the service. Mentioned below are a few steps about linking Aadhaar Card to bank account online and offline:
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar through Internet Banking
Here is how you can link your bank account with Aadhaar easily:
Step 1: Login to www.onlinesbi.com
Step 2: Enter your user id and password.
Step 3: Under “My Account” section, click on the “Update Aadhaar with Bank accounts(CIF)” sub-section.
Step 4: Enter profile password for Aadhaar Registration
Step 5: A page will open where you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number twice.
Step 6: Click on the “Submit” button after entering your Aadhaar number.
Step 7: A message will be displayed on successful seeding of your Aadhaar.
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar through the Bank’s Mobile App
Banks have made it easy for customers to access the Aadhaar linking feature by providing the facility for Aadhaar linking on mobile application. Here is how it can be done:
Step 1: Login to your bank’s mobile application.
Step 2: In the ‘My Accounts’ section under ‘Services’ tab, click on the “View/Update Aadhaar card details” option.
Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar number twice and click on the Submit button.
Step 4: You will get a message regarding the successful linking of your bank account with your Aadhaar card.
Bank accounts can be linked with Aadhaar offline by either visiting your bank’s branch or by visiting a nearby ATM.
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar in the Bank
Account holders can get their account linked with Aadhaar by visiting the bank in person. Here is how it can be done easily:
- Fill the bank account Aadhaar linking application form. Visit your bank’s official website to find the ‘Aadhaar-linking’ Form. If not available on the website, please visit a bank branch near you. (Find a branch near you- https://www.paisabazaar.com/ifsc-code/)
- Mention your bank account details as well as your Aadhaar number properly.
- Attach a self-attested photocopy of your Aadhaar card with the form.
- Submit the form and the Aadhaar copy at the counter where you may be asked to furnish your original Aadhaar card for verification.
- Your application will be accepted and it may take a couple of days to link your bank account with Aadhaar.
- Once linked, you will be notified on your registered mobile number.
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar at an ATM
Account holders can access the bank’s ATM to link his Aadhaar with the bank account. They will have to follow these simple steps to link Aadhaar with their bank account:
- Swipe your ATM card and enter your PIN
- In the “Services” menu, select the “Registrations” option.
- Now select the “Aadhaar Registration” option.
- Select the account type (savings/current) and enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Re-enter the Aadhaar number and click Okay button.
- You will get a confirmation message regarding the successful seeding of your Aadhaar with your bank account.
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar through SMS
An account holder can get his bank account linked with Aadhaar through SMS as well. However, not all banks provide this facility. Moreover, the SMS format along with the number is different for different banks. Here is an example of how a State Bank of India account can be linked with Aadhaar:
- Type a message in the format UID<space>Aadhaar number<space>Account number and send it to 567676.
- You will get a confirmation message stating that your seeding request has been accepted.
- The bank verifies the details with UIDAI.
- In case your verification is unsuccessful, you will get a message asking you to visit the nearest State Bank of India branch with your original Aadhaar.
Your Credit Score Is Now Absolutely Free Check Now
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar through Phone
Many banks provide the facility to seed Aadhaar with the bank account through phone. The number for different banks is different. Here is how you can do it easily:
- If your bank supports Aadhaar seeding over phone, give a missed call to the number provided by your bank.
- You will get a call-back from the bank where you can select options from the IVR.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and confirm it.
- You will get a text message when your Aadhaar is linked with your account.
Linking Aadhaar With Other Banks
SBI Link to Aadhar Card
Kotak Mahindra Bank Link to Aadhar Card
ICICI Bank Link to Aadhaar Card
Punjab National Bank Link to Aadhar Card
HDFC Bank Link Aadhaar Card
Central Bank Of India Link to Aadhar Card
Bank Of Maharashtra Link to Aadhaar Card
Andhra Bank Link to Aadhaar Card
Vijaya Bank Link to Aadhar Card
Bank Of Baroda Link to Aadhaar Card
Citibank Link to Aadhaar Card
Central Bank of India Link Aadhaar card
Corporation Bank Link to Aadhaar Card
Indian Bank Link Aadhaar Card
Bank of India Link to Aadhar Card
Canara Bank Link to Aadhar Card
Union Bank of India Link Aadhaar Card
Allahabad Bank Link to Aadhaar Card
IDBI Bank Link to Aadhaar Card
Indian Overseas Bank Link to Aadhaar Card
UCO Bank Link to Aadhar Card
Syndicate Bank Link to Aadhar Card
Dena Bank Link to Aadhar Card
United Bank of India Link to Aadhar Card
Axis Bank Link to Aadhar Card
Oriental Bank link to Aadhar card
FAQs on Aadhaar to Bank Linking
Q. Is it mandatory to link a bank account with Aadhaar?
A. No, it is not mandatory to link the bank account with Aadhaar. One can provide the Aadhaar card as a document proof but it is not mandatory to do so.
Q. How do I check an Aadhar link with a bank account?
A. You can check an Aadhaar link with a bank account by visiting the official website of UIDAI (https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper).
Q. Can I link my Aadhaar to multiple bank accounts?
A. Yes, you can link multiple bank accounts to your Aadhaar.