UIDAI, the Aadhaar issuing authority, has made provisions for people to check their Aadhar update history online through the official website. This unique feature allows users to check the history of their Aadhaar details update request. Residents can request for an update in their Aadhaar card details whenever they change their address, mobile phone number, email address, etc. All of these update requests are stored under different URNs (Update Request Numbers) in UIDAI’s database. Demographic as well as biometric details may be updated online or offline, however, their Aadhaar update history can can only be checked online.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
How to Check Aadhaar Update History Online
Aadhaar update history can be checked online by visiting the UIDAI website. Your mobile number should be registered in UIDAI’s database to avail this facility. You have to follow these simple steps to check your Aadhaar update history:
Step 1: Visit the UIDAI website
Step 2: Select the “Aadhaar Update History” option from the “Update your Aadhaar” section listed under the My Aadhaar tab
Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar number or the virtual ID and security code
Step 4: Select whether you want to receive an OTP on your registered mobile number or generate TOTP from the mAadhaar app
Step 5: Enter the OTP/TOTP and click on the “Submit” button.
A list of all update instances will be displayed on the screen irrespective of updates performed online/offline or in biometric/demographic data
Also Read: How to Update Address in Your Aadhaar Card if you don’t have any Documentary Proof
Details Mentioned in Aadhaar Update History
Given below are the details that you can check using the Aadhaar update history service:
- Date and Time of Checking– The date and time of checking the Aadhaar update history is mentioned on the screen.
- URN – The URN or update request number is generated every time you make an update request. This URN is used to check the status of the update request.
- Date of Update– The date when you have submitted the request for updating your details in Aadhaar.
- Type of Update – Biometric, demographic or new Aadhaar update request
- Photo of the Cardholder– the photo of the Aadhaar card holder is displayed.
- Demographic Details – Details such as name, mobile number, email id, date of birth, gender and address mentioned in Aadhaar are displayed under this section.
Your Credit Score Is Now Absolutely Free Check Now
Things to Keep in Mind When you Check Aadhaar Update History
- Your mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar to avail this facility.
- This facility is available only online. You cannot visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centrein your area and access your Aadhaar update history offline.
- You can use the service to see all the changes/updates that you have made in your Aadhaar card since the time it was generated. In case there are updates that have not been made by you or any inaccuracies in data, you can report the same to UIDAI immediately
- You can use the 16-digit Aadhaar Virtual IDor 12-digit Aadhaar number to check your Aadhaar update history.
- The Aadhaar update history can be accessed by the person himself. Nobody else can access these details.
- You cannot download the Aadhaar update history. However, you can take a screenshot of the results and store it for future reference
Q1. Is my Aadhaar update history safe?
Ans. Yes, only you can view your Aadhaar update history using your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the OTP sent on your registered mobile number/TOTP. Nobody else has access to your Aadhaar update history.
Q2. Can I share my Aadhaar card update history details with my employer?
Ans. Currently, UIDAI does does not offer residents the option to download and share their Aadhaar update history. You can only view it online. However, you can take a screenshot of the same and share it with others if required.
Q3. What are the benefits of using this service?
Ans. It helps you keep a track of all the demaographic changes that you have made over the years. It can also help you check for any errors/inaccuracies in your demographic/biometric data and report the same to UIDAI for rectification.
Q4. I have changed my mobile number. My new number is not linked to my Aadhaar card. Can I check my UIDAI Aadhaar update history without mobile number?
Ans. To check your Aadhaar update history you need to first link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card. You can update your mobile number online via the Indian Postal Service website or offline by visiting an Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
To know more about how to update your mobile number with Aadhaar card, click here.
Q5. Can I check the update history of my biometric details updated offline at an Aadhaar Seva Kendra?
Ans. Yes, irrespective of whether the Aadhaar update is made online or offline or whether it is a biometric or a demographic update, you can only check your Aadhaar update history online vi athe UIDAI website.