Aadhaar is a unique 12 digit identification number that helps the Government in establishing a unique identity that distinguishes one individual from another. This card acts as a universal identity proof; however, it is not compulsory for an individual to possess an Aadhar card. In order to apply for an Aadhaar card, the applicant must follow certain steps to fill Aadhar card form. Upon proper verification, the card is issued by the Government.
There is only one form called the Aadhar enrolment or correction form related to the Aadhaar card. The basic purpose of this form is to enable the applicant to apply for an Aadhaar number. This form can also be used by the applicant to make corrections or amendments on the existing card. The applicant should duly fill the Aadhar form and provide proof of all the details mentioned in the form.
Applicants can download the Aadhar card correction form online from
Contents of Aadhaar Card Enrolment Form
The Aadhaar enrolment form contains 11 basic fields followed by the signature of the applicant and it is not mandatory on the part of the applicant to fill in all the fields. The various information and details that these fields concern are as follows:
- The pre-enrolment ID or the acknowledgement number received by the applicant after online application of Aadhaar.
- Submitting either the National Population Register (NPR) survey slip or a Tax Identification Number (TIN), if the applicant holds any.
- Full name of the applicant
- Gender of the applicant i.e. male, female or transgender.
- Age or date of birth has to be specified by the applicant.
- Full residential address of the applicant as specified on the address proof document.
- Details of the applicant’s family members like the Aadhaar number of parents, partner, children, etc.
- The applicant has the liberty to either allow or deny UIDAI the right to share their details mentioned in the form with various agencies.
- Bank details of the individual, which one may or may not choose to enter.
- If the applicant fails to furnish the identity and address proof, the credentials of the introducer or HUF’s have to be mentioned.
- Lastly, for form validation, the applicant’s signature or thumbprint is required.
Aadhaar Correction Form
The Aadhaar correction form helps the applicant to make changes in the information provided by him previously. It acts as an indication to the Aadhaar card authorities that the documents submitted previously provided has been changed and needs correction of some sort. This form can only be made available to the applicant if he cannot make online correction of the Aadhaar details or if he is no longer using the registered mobile number specified by him.
The important aspects related to an Aadhaar correction form include:
- This form specifies the particular detail that needs to be altered.
- Again, it also contains complete details regarding the information that needs to be changed. For example, if the residential address of the applicant needs to be changed then the applicant must provide the correct residential address that he/she wants on the Aadhaar card. He also will have to provide documents supporting his claim.
- Authorities give the liberty to the applicant to fill up the form in either English or any other local language according to the preference of the applicant.
- The applicant is also required to furnish details about the supporting documents that he will be submitting.
- As the last and final step, the form has to be signed and documents self-attested and then sent to the address that is mentioned on the form.
Contents of Aadhaar Correction Form
The Aadhaar correction form contains the following details:
- The applicant’s date of birth in the format DD MM YYYY.
- Residential address
- Email ID of the applicant
- Aadhaar Number
- Parent’s name
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Documents details for correction purposes like POI, DOB, and POA
- Signature or thumbprint of the applicant
Instructions for Filling the Aadhaar Form:
While filling an Aadhaar correction or enrolment form is really simple and easy, the applicant must keep in mind certain points while filling the forms. The different pointers to be kept in mind are as follows:
- The details to be filled in the form must be in capital letters.
- If the correction in the form is pertaining to the applicant’s date of birth, then those corrections should be made properly as changes in date of birth can only be done once.
- While registering for Aadhaar, it is compulsory for the applicant to mention his mobile number.
- The supporting documents mentioned by the applicant as proof must be the same as the list of documents submitted by the applicant.
- In case of correction of details, only new details should be mentioned by the applicant. There is no need to specify the old information.
If the form is properly filled and the supporting documents are properly submitted, Aadhaar authorities go for proper verification of the form and the submitted documents. Only after this, the application and correction process is considered successful.