UIDAI provides Aadhaar card to all residents of India and it acts as a proof of identity and residence. One can enrol for Aadhaar throughout the country and also update Aadhaar card details by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. It is a one-stop destination for all Aadhaar related services. Read on to know more about the different kinds of Aadhaar enrolment centres, their operational timings, facilities available and charges involved along with the different means by which you can locate your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra (ASK) and more.
What is an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
Aadhaar Enrolment Centres are set up with the primary objective to enrol new applicants for Aadhaar card and provide assistance to existing Aadhaar card holders for updating their Aadhaar details and other facilities. All tasks carried out at Aadhaar enrolment centres are free of cost for the first time whereas a nominal fee is applicable on some of the tasks and the rates are set by UIDAI. These institutions ensure uninterrupted empanelment with UIDAI. The same terms and conditions are applicable for both empanelled and non-empanelled agencies. Aadhaar enrolment centres can range from Aadhaar Seva Kendras (ASKs), Permanent Enrolment Centres, Temporary Enrolment Centres or Aadhaar Enrolment Camps.
Types of Aadhaar Enrolment Centres
Given below are the 4 different types of Aadhaar Enrolment Centres:
- Aadhaar Seva Kendra:
Aadhaar Seva Kendra (ASK) is a one-stop destination for Aadhaar services. An Aadhaar Seva Kendra is managed directly by UIDAI and provide dedicated Aadhaar enrolment and update services in a state-of-the-art environment. These are operational all 7 days of the week from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. These Aadhaar Seva Kendras have both an online Appointment Management System (AMS) and an automated Token Management System (TMS) for walk-in residents.
- Permanent Enrolment Centre:
Those enrolment centres that are set up permanently in banks and post offices and offer both Aadhaar enrolment and update services are known as Permanent enrolment centres.
- Temporary Enrolment Centre:
Temporary enrolment centres are those that are set up temporarily for a short period of time. Both Aadhaar enrolment and update services are available at these enrolment centres.
- Aadhaar Enrolment Camp:
Aadhaar enrolment camps are set up for a limited time period say a month, week or maybe a day. They may also be set-up to carry out a specific task such as linking the biometrics of children aged above 5 years to their Aadhaar card in a particular district, etc.
Facilities Available at Aadhaar Seva Kendra
Aadhaar Seva Kendra has been opened to help people get enrolled for Aadhaar quite easily and get their details updated offline. Key facilities available at an Aadhaar Seva Kendra are as follows:
- Fresh Aadhaar enrolment of those people who were not able to get themselves enrolled for Aadhaar.
- In case a cardholder loses his Aadhaar card and forgets his Aadhaar number, he can visit an Aadhaar Seva Kendra and get his Aadhaar number. He can also place a request for a duplicate Aadhaar card at the ASK.
- Update any demographic (name, address, gender, date of birth, mobile number and email ID) or biometric (photo, fingerprints and iris scans) information in Aadhaar. Such as, in case a person’s residential address changes and he wants to get it updated, he will have to visit any of the enrolment centres with relevant documents and get his details updated.
- All Aadhaar cardholders have to visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra to get their mobile number linked with Aadhaar. It is worth noting that users cannot use any online service related to Aadhaar if their Aadhaar is not linked with a mobile number.
- Children have to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra to submit their biometric data after they turn 5 years old. They have to visit an enrolment centre again to submit their biometric data again when they become 15 years old. This biometric data is considered final and it remains with the Aadhaar for lifetime. It is worth noting that no biometric data is recorded for children below 5 years of age.
- Download and print Aadhaar service
These services are available for all residents of India as well as NRIs at all Aadhaar Seva Kendras across the country.
How to Locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centre Online
UIDAI has made it very simple for Indian residents to apply for Aadhaar card or update their existing Aadhaar card. They can search for a nearby Aadhaar centre or an enrolment centre in their city and visit there to get enrolled/update their Aadhaar.
Steps to locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centres are mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit UIDAI’s website
Step 2: Click on “Locate an Enrolment Center”
Step 3: Select State/Pin Code/Search Box option
Step 4: Enter details such as District/Sub District/Village/Town, etc.
Step 5: If you want to search only permanent centres, select the check box option.
Step 6: Enter verification code and press “Locate a Centre” button
Step 7: Relevant Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres are displayed on the screen.
Using the UIDAI portal, one can also book online appointments for UID enrolment.
Note: When you visit the enrolment centre to apply for the Aadhaar card, do not forget to carry all the required documents such as address proof, id proof, etc. Know more about what documents are required for Aadhaar card?
Users can search for Aadhaar enrolment centres in their area by using any of the three methods given below:
1. Locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centre based on State
- Users can locate a nearby Aadhaar card enrolment centre by selecting the State option. The user has to select the state he resides in using the drop-down list.
- He then has to select the district and sub-district after which he has to select his locality, village, town or city from the drop-down list. There is also an option through which only permanent centres would be displayed on the screen. The user has to enter the verification code and click on the “Locate a Centre”
- Search results are displayed on the screen along with relevant details such as the registrar’s name, agency’s name, centre’s address, contact person, mobile number, last update date, centre type (permanent, temporary or camp), total enrolment in the last 30 days and the location of the centre on Google maps.
2. Locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centre Based on Postal (PIN) Code
- Users can also find the location of enrolment centres with the help of their locality’s pin code.
- The user has to enter his pin code and enter the verification number displayed on the screen.
- After clicking on the submit button, results are displayed on the screen with all the data related to enrolment centres in the region.
- User can note down the details and contact them to either get their Aadhaar details updated or enrol for Aadhaar if they have not enrolled for it yet.
3. Locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centre using the Search Box
- If the user is not sure about the pin code or the exact address, he can use the search box feature to find an enrolment centre.
- The user can enter the locality name, city, district or any other detail that he can remember.
- He then has to enter the verification code and click the submit button.
- Results with relevant details will be shown. The user can find the enrolment centre in his area quite easily even if he does not know the exact details of the location.
How to Locate Aadhaar Seva Kendra through Bhuvan Portal
Here is a step-by-step guide to locate the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra via the Bhuvan portal:
- Visit the UIDAI website and click on “Locate an Enrolment Center in Bhuvan Aadhaar”listed under the My Aadhaar
- Search using any of the following options:
- Centers Nearby – By entering your city/location
- By entering the Aadhaar Seva Kendra Name
- By PIN Code
- State-wise Aadhaar Seva Kendra– By entering State, district, sub-district and center type
List of Aadhaar Seva Kendras in Metro Cities
Q1. What are the charges for the different services available at Aadhaar Seva Kendra?
|Mandatory Biometric Update
|Demographic Update (Any channel/Any type)
|Rs. 50 (Inclusive of GST)
|Rs. 100 (Inclusive of GST)
|Aadhaar download and colour print-out on A4 sheet
|Rs.30/ per Aadhaar (Inclusive of GST)
Q2. How can I book an appointment online if I wish to visit an Aadhaar Seva Kendra?
Ans. You can book an appointment online by clicking on https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/bookappointment.aspx and selecting your city/location. You can also book your appointment through the mAadhaar app.
Q3. Can I book an appointment for a friend or family member before they visit an Aadhaar Seva Kendra?
Yes, you can use the online appointment service to book an appointment for yourself or a family member or friend at a nearby Aadhaar Card centre. You are not required to pay any charges for the same.
Q4. How can I locate an Aadhaar Seva Kendra near me?
Ans. A consolidated list of all functional Aadhaar Seva Kendras (ASKs) can be availed by clicking on https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1.
Q5. What is Bhuvan Aadhaar portal?
Ans. UIDAI, the Aadhaar issuing authority of the country, has collaborated with with ISRO and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to launch the Bhuvan Aadhaar portal. The new portal will provide information and locations of the Aadhaar centres across India. To enhance the “Ease of Living” for residents, the portal also facilitates the geo-spatial display of Aadhaar centres.
Q6. Do I need to download a mobile app to access the Bhuvan Aadhaar portal?
Ans. The Bhuvan portal is an Indian web based utility which lets users explore a set of map based content prepared by ISRO. To vist the Bhuvan Aadhaar portal directly, click here
Q7. What are the key features of Bhuvan Aadhaar portal?
Ans. Key features of the Bhuvan portal are:
- Geo-spatial display of Aadhaar centres
- Route navigation to the nearest Aadhaar centre from the resident’s address
- Proximity analysis offering options of the nearest Aadhaar centre
Q8. Are there any charges to access the Bhuvan Aadhaar portal services?
Ans. No, services available on the Bhuvan Aadhaar portal are completely free of charge.