After the government made it mandatory for people to link Aadhaar with various schemes and financial instruments, IRDAI issued a notification suggesting policyholders to link insurance policies with Aadhar. Policyholders also have to link PAN with their insurance policy. Policies not linked with PAN and Aadhaar will be deactivated after the end of the deadline and will be reactivated only when the policyholder links the policy with aforementioned documents. HDFC Bank has made provisions for policyholders to link Aadhaar with HDFC Life insurance both online and offline.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
How to Link Aadhaar with HDFC Life Insurance Online
Policyholders can link Aadhaar with HDFC life insurance online in a few simple steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit HDFC Life Aadhaar linking portal
Step 2: Enter your policy number, date of birth, Aadhaar number and PAN in the space provided
Step 3: Read the terms and conditions carefully and tick the disclaimer
Step 4: Now click on the “Submit” button
Step 5: Your Aadhaar details will be verified by HDFC Life with UIDAI
Step 6: After proper authentication, your HDFC Life insurance policy will be linked with Aadhar
Step 7: A confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number and email after successful Aadhar and PAN linking.
How to Link Aadhaar with HDFC Life Insurance Offline
People not adept in using internet can link Aadhaar with HDFC Life insurance policy offline as well. They have to follow these simple steps to link PAN and Aadhaar with their insurance policy:
Step 1: Visit a nearby HDFC Life branch
Step 2: Fill the Aadhaar and PAN linking form
Step 3: Attach a self-attested copy of PAN and Aadhaar with the form
Step 4: Submit the form to the executive who will give you the transaction number
Step 5: You can use this number as a reference and check the status of Aadhaar linking with your policy.
Things to keep in mind before you link Aadhaar with HDFC Life insurance policy
You should keep following things in mind while linking PAN and Aadhar with HDFC Life insurance policy:
- Keep your policy number, PAN and Aadhaar card handy while filling the form online.
- HDFC Life links Aadhaar with your insurance policy on your behalf
- The institution accesses your Aadhaar details such as Aadhaar number, date of birth and name from UIDAI
- No other information is shared by UIDAI in any case
- HDFC Life gets the authority to link Aadhaar only for the purpose of authentication and e-KYC
- The linking process may take up to 48 hours to reflect in the “My Account” section
- All your policies under one client id will be linked with Aadhaar through this process
- In case the verification of any one of the documents is unsuccessful, your PAN and Aadhaar will not be linked with the client ID and you will have to try again.