What is the Gold Loan EMI Calculator?
Paisabazaar brings forth the easy to use Gold Loan EMI calculator for individuals who wish to borrow money from a lender, using their self-owned gold as a collateral. Since Gold prices are rising, applicants get a good value on their gold ornaments, as value of the jewellery directly affects the amount of loan to be approved.
The online calculator featured on Paisabazaar can further help an applicant find out how much EMI he/she would need to pay for the borrowed loan amount. With the use of this EMI calculator one can try different interest rates and repayment tenure’s permutations and combinations offered by several banks to compare and choose from the available options.
About Gold Loan
Gold loan is a secured loan, as the loan is provided by the banks against collateral that is gold itself. Banks provide borrowers with this loan by keeping gold jewellery and coins as collateral or security, which is returned back to the borrower upon timely repayment of loan and in full. A loan secured with gold ornaments is offered for short to medium term duration that is processed within minutes after loan approval. When you apply for gold loan from Paisabazaar, you have the option of leveraging the easy to use gold loan EMI calculator to calculate your monthly payouts in lieu of the loan.
Why is Gold Loan preferred?
To meet the immediate financial requirements, gold loan is a preferred choice of individuals for several reasons. Some of those reasons include:
- Low interest rate as compared to other lending options such as personal loan, business loan, MSME loan, etc.
- Flexible repayment tenure that varies from few days to maximum 5 years
- Many financial institutions do not levy pre-payment charges on gold loans
- Minimal documentation with hassle-free process
- Instant loan disbursals
Highlights of Gold Loan
- Eligibility: To apply for this loan with major banks in India, an individual must own gold and should be above 18 years of age and maximum up to 70 years
- Interest Rate: Most banks and NBFCs in India offer Gold loan interest rate at competitive interest rates with affordable EMIs and flexible repayment options
Documents Required to Apply for Gold Loan
Applicant’s KYC documents, which include the stated below:
- Duly filled application form
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Identity proof documents like Voter ID card, Aadhar card, Passport, Driving license
- Address proof documents
- Utility Bills including Telephone bill, Electricity bill
- Any other document required by lender
How does Paisabazaar’s Gold Loan EMI Calculator work?
To use Gold Loan EMI Calculator at Paisabazaar, you would need to provide a few key details:
- The interest rate offered by the lender
- Loan amount of the subscribed/required Gold loan principal
- The intended repayment tenure
Upon submitting these three details, the EMI calculator would instantly calculate the monthly instalments (taking into account the ongoing gold prices) to be paid by the borrower. Similar information can be used in other EMI calculators as well such as home loan calculator, personal loan EMI calculator, car loan EMI calculator, etc.
Why should you use the Gold Loan EMI Calculator from Paisabazaar?
To calculate Gold Loan Equated Monthly Installments, the calculator can assists in several ways:
- It saves you from hours of tedious and fault prone calculations
- It incorporates the latest gold prices into the calculation
- It allows you to try out different options to find the Gold loan that is suitable for your requirement
- By knowing the loan EMI payable, you can adjust your monthly budget so that you can make timely payments of your gold loan
Q. Who is eligible for a gold loan?
Ans. Any Indian who is aged between 18 years and 70 years and owns gold jewellery and coins (gold bars and gold coins in excess of 50 grams each are currently not accepted as collateral for a gold loan) can apply for a gold loan with minimum documentation.
Q. What is the tenure for a gold loan?
Ans. The tenure of a gold loan can range from a few days to a few months. In rare cases a gold loan may feature tenure of a few years, however, this would be at the discretion of the bank and the actual loan amount disbursed.
Q. What happens to the gold as collateral?
Ans. Once you put up the loan as collateral for a gold loan, the gold ornaments or coins are held by the bank or NBFC (non-banking financial company) in its secure vault till the loan amount with interest is repaid in full.
Q. Why apply for a gold loan through Paisabazaar?
Ans. When you opt for a gold loan through Paisabazaar, you can easily check the interest rates, processing fees, foreclosure/pre-payment charges on the gold loan offers provided by leading banks and NBFCs operating in India. This information is available free of charge to you and helps you zero in on gold loan offers that are most suitable to your situation.
Q. How to use the gold loan EMI calculator?
Ans. The easy to use gold loan EMI calculator uses key gold loan data such as loan principal, tenure and applicable interest rate to provide you with an approximation of your equated monthly installments for a specific loan. This facility is provided to you free of charge and for unlimited number of times for your benefit.