EPF members can submit the withdrawal or transfer claims both online and offline. They can also check the status of their claims online, no matter how they have filed their application. You can check EPF Claim Status by logging into the UAN Member Portal or by visiting the official webite of EPFO.
Eligibility for EPF Claim:
- One can claim 100% of the EPF corpus after retirement and provided he is more than 55 years of age. Early retirement is not valid for claiming the full amount
- One can claim 90% of the EPF amount a year before retirement provided he is 54 years old
- One can claim 75% of the amount from EPF incase of unemployment and transfer remaining 25% to the new EPF account after regaining employment
- One can claim 100% of the EPF money after two months of unemployment
EPF Claim Forms
In order to withdraw money from EPF or claim money from the same, one needs to submit the claim forms. PF Withdrawal Forms are therefore those forms through which you can claim the money and these forms differ on the basis of age, reason for claiming the withdrawal and if he is in service or not. Forms as 19, 31 and 10 C were used for making these claims but now there is a composite form that has replaced these. All it requires is the UAN and Aadhar details of the person.
- A person needs to submit Form 13 to transfer EPF money to new EPF account incase of job change
- One needs to apply Form 14 if he wishes to fund his LIC policy
- One needs Composite Form to claim money in case of unemployment or take an advance from PF
- He needs to go for Composite Form and Form 10D for PF and Pension Fund respectively if he claims money after leaving an establishment in case of physical disability if he is less than 58 years. If he is 58 or above, Composite Form can be submitted for both Provident and Pension Funds
- If the person is deceased whether still in service or not, then the nominee/heir can claim PF using Form 28 and Pension using 10D, either the employee was less than 58 years or above 58 but had completed 10 years of service. Incase, the deceased employee was 58 but has less than 10 years of service, then the claimant needs to apply for Composite Form for Pension Fund. The claimant can settle EDLI (Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme) amount using Form 51F in all forms
How to Apply for EPF Claim?
One can apply for EPF Claim either offline or online.
- For Offline/Physical Application
The new composite claim form needs to be filled and submitted to the respective jurisdictional >EPFO office. It doesn’t need attestation of the employer if Aadhar details are updated. Otherwise, the new composite form (Non-aadhaar) should be submitted with the attestation of the employer.
- For Online Application
One needs to login with UAN at EPFO Member Portal. First, update and verify KYC under the ‘Manage’ section and then under ‘Online Services’ Go to Claim (Form 31, 19 & 10C) from the drop-down menu. As all details are displayed, verify your bank account using the last 4 digits of the account number and then click on ‘Yes’ to the Certificate of Undertaking.
How to Check/Track for EPF Claim Online?
- Through UAN Member Portal
- Through EPF Website
- By entering PF Account Number (Without UAN)
- By Calling EPFO Toll-Free Number
- Through the Umang App
How to Check EPF Status?
Follow the below steps to check the status of EPF:
1. On UAN Member Portal
Members can check the status of their ‘online’ withdrawal/transfer claims by following the steps given below –
Step 1 – Log in to the UAN Member Portal with your UAN and Password.
Step 2 – Click on the ‘Online Services’ tab and a drop-down will appear.
Step 3 – Click on the third option- ‘Track Claim Status’
Step 4 – The status of your online withdrawal/transfer claim will appear on the screen.
Since you have applied for it through the same portal, there is no need to enter your UAN or PF Account Number or Member ID. Your PF claim process will automatically be synced once the same is updated.
Members should note that the UAN Member Portal will not show the status of offline claims. So, it is recommended to check offline claim status on the official EPFO Website.
2. EPFO Website for Offline Applications
The status of withdrawal/transfer claims submitted offline in any of the PF offices across the country can be tracked on EPFO Website. There are two ways to check EPF claim status –
1) By entering the UAN
2) By entering PF Account Number.
3. With UAN
Follow the steps given below to check EPF claim status if you remember your UAN–
Step 1 – Click on the following link to reach the ‘Know Your Claim Status‘ page on the official EPFO website- https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemClaimStatusUAN/.
Step 2 – On this page, enter your UAN and Captcha Code. All associated PF accounts will appear on the screen. Select the one for which you have filed a claim.
Step 3 – The last updated status of your claim will appear on the screen.
4. How to Check EPF Claim Status on EPFO Website?
Step 1: Visit the EPFO Website
Step 2: Under the section of ‘Our Services’, click on ‘For Employees’ in the drop-down menu
Step 3: Go to ‘Services’ in the new page and click on Member UAN that directs to the Member Portal. Rest follow the steps as explained above as How to Claim with UAN Member Portal
5. With EPF Account Number (Without UAN)
To track your claim status with EPF Account Number, follow the steps given below –
Step 1 – Visit the ‘Know Your Claim Status’ Page – http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php and click on the “Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status” option.
Step 2 – From the drop-down menu select the state in which your PF account is administered. A table will appear on the screen.
Step 3 – Select your city from the table.
Step 4 – The first two boxes of your PF Account will be pre-filled. You need to fill the rest of the boxes.
Step 5 – Once you click enter, the last updated claim status will appear on the screen.
6. By Calling EPFO Toll Free Number?
Members can also check the status of their EPF withdrawal/transfer claims by calling on the EPFO 24×7 customer care number- 1800 118 005.
Make sure that you have your PF Account Number or UAN ready as the helpline officer will ask for the same to check the status of your claim.
7. Through the Umang App
EPF members can check PF transfer/withdrawal claim status online through the Umang app as well. However, the member should have his mobile number updated with his UAN. In case you want to know your claim status, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Umang app and search for EPFO.
- Select the “Employee Centric Services” from the options available
- Select the “Track Claim” option
- Now enter your UAN and click on “Get OTP”.
- Now enter the OTP and click on the “Login” button.
- All claims made for the UAN will be displayed. Tracking ID, Claim type, raised claim date and the claim status is mentioned for each claim made till date.
8. Through SMS or Missed Call
You can check your EPF Claim status by sending an SMS to 7738299899 from your registered number in the format EPFOHO UAN LAN where LAN stands for Language such as HIN for Hindi, ENG for English. Ten languages are supported. You can also send a missed call from your registered number with UAN at 011-22901406. The employee does not incur any charges as the call would get disconnected after two rings. The details of the claim will be received via SMS on the registered mobile number.
How to Cancel your EPF Claim?
There is no option to cancel aN EPF Claim request online. One may contact the EPFO-Regional Office at the earliest to cancel an EPF withdrawal request raised online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What does it mean – EPF claim status settled?
It means it has been accepted and processed by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation and it has already transferred the money to the bank or will do it soon.
Q2. What does it mean – EPF claim status shows status not available?
It simply means that your claim has not yet been processed and thus there is nothing to show in the claim status as it is still pending with authorities. Therefore, the portal is not updated.
Q3. Why EPF claim status is showing rejected?
There can be various reasons for claims to be rejected by the previous or present employer as details mismatch or signature mismatch or if the signed claim printout has not been submitted within 15 days after making the online claim. In case one is unable to do so he must inform the authorised employer.
Q4. How many days will it take for EPF claim settlement?
In online mode, it takes 5-30 days and in offline mode, it takes 20-30 days to get the money into the account. Once EPF settles the account the EPF site shows the message about the account being settled with the date of NEFT amount.
Q5. What to do when EPF claim status shows payment under process?
When EPF claim status shows payment under process, it means your claim is in process and it will show as claim settled once EPFO sends money to your bank account.
Q6. What does it mean when EPF Claim status under process Form 19 is shown?
It shows when you have claimed EPF under Form 19 and is under process; it will be settled once EPFO transfers money into employee account through NEFT.