Members who have registered a grievance on the EPF i-Grievance Management System can check its status on the same website. Click on ‘Check Status’ from the top menu. Enter the Registration Number provided to you along with the password (if you have created one). Fill the Captcha Code and enter.In case you created a password at the time of filling the grievance form but forgot it now, you can always retrieve it through your registration number. Hence, it is extremely important to keep your registration number safe.
Members of the EPF Scheme can register their grievances with the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) by visiting the new EPF i-Grievance Management System. Here, the members can register their queries and complaints, send reminders for pending grievances and know the status of their request.
Grievance related to the following matters can be registered with this grievance management system –
- Final Settlement of EPF or Withdrawal of EPF
- Transfer of PF Accumulation into a New EPF Account
- Final Settlement of Pension
- Payment of Insurance Benefit
- Scheme Certificate
- Issue of PF Slip/PF Balance
- Cheque Returned or Misplaced
- Any other issue
Register EPF Grievance on EPF i-Grievance Management System
To register a grievance on this platform, select the ‘Register Grievance’ option from the top menu and you will be redirected to the Grievance Form. You can visit the form directly http://www.epfigms.gov.in/grievanceRegnFrm.aspx?csession=i4oMophQdY2&
This form contains the following fields divided into three parts –
A. EPF DETAILS
1. Status- From the drop down menu, select your status- whether you are an EPF Member, EPS Pensioner, Employer or Other.
2. PF Number- PF Number consists of Region Code, Office Code, Establishment Code, Extension and Account Number. This is mentioned on your salary slip. If you have registered on the UAN Member Portal, you can check it by logging in. You can also search for your establishment code here- http://search.epfoservices.in/est_search.php.
3. Office to which grievance pertains- From the drop down menu, select the office that manages your PF. You can confirm this with your employer.
4. Name of Establishment
5. Address of Establishment
B. PERSONAL DETAILS
1. Name of Complainant
2. Is the Complainant and Subscriber, the same Person? – Yes/No. If you are registering a complaint on behalf of someone else (who is the subscriber), you must mention personal details of the subscriber.
3. Do you want to have password? – Yes/No. If you want to make your grievance confidential, you can create a password for the same.
4. Address of the Complainant
5. Phone Number
6. Mobile Number
7. Email ID
Details number 4, 5, 6 & 7 should be related to that of the complainant and not to the subscriber.
C. GRIEVANCE DETAILS
1. Grievance Category- Select the type of grievance that you want to register, from the drop down menu.
2. Grievance Description- Here you should give a brief of your grievance within 5000 characters.
You can also upload files that you think are important for the redressal of your grievance. Only PDF documents with size up to 1 MB can be attached. Type the Captcha Code and submit your form.
After this, a Registration Number will be generated which you can use to check the status of your grievance or to send reminders.