Shram Suvidha Portal, is a web portal that provides a single platform for all labour compliances. It is also known as a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for Labour Compliance or ‘Ease of Doing Business‘ Labour Law Reform initiative (by Ministry of Labour & Employment).
It is a single point of contact between employers, employees and enforcement agencies so as to bring ease of compliance, simplicity of all the application procedures, transparency in inspections and speedy addressing of grievances. Below are the basic functions of the Shram Suvidha Scheme:
- It is a unified portal to consolidate information of four major organizations under the aegis of Central Government – Chief Labour Commissioner of India, Director General Mines and Safety, Employee State Insurance Corporation, and Employee Provident Fund Organization. There are 16 laws that are covered here like Payment of Wages Act, Minimum Wages Act, Contract Labour (Abolition and Regulation) Act
- Allotment of Unique Identity i.e. Labour Identification Number (LIN) that facilitates all other registration numbers such as Provident Fund (PF) Establishment Code, Employees’ State Insurance Company (ESIC) Registration Number, Contract Labour, Registration Number, etc.
- Online servicing of notices from the labour department and online submission of answers with document
- Employee grievances can now be received online and employer has to clear them and submit proof of clearance
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
How to Register for Shram Suvidha Portal
Shram Suvidha Registration Portal is government’s official online registration and licensing portal where employers/contractors/establishments can submit their applications for registration/license under the Labour Laws. Shram Suvidha official information website also redirects to the registration site. Employers can visit the registration site and go to the ‘Registration’ category to register under either of the following two laws:
- Under EPF-ESI (Employees’ Provident Fund-Employees State Insurance)
- Under CLRA-ISMW-BOCW (Contract Labour Regulation and Abolition Act – Inter State Migrant Workmen – Building and Other Construction Workers)
The Shram Suvidha official registration site also displays several manuals for registration under various Labour Laws and Acts that can be downloaded. It also contains additional information like how to know LIN, what are the minimum wages and so on.
Services Offered of Shram Suvidha Portal
The Shram Suvidha Portal aims that all compliances are reportable in a Single Harmonized Form and registration forms and returns are simplified. To attain the same, it provides the following services:
- Facilitates managing, creating, updating establishments and their inspection reports
- Online entry by employer, establishment and enforcement agency
- Entity verification by the enforcement agency
- Labour Identification Number (LIN) generation
- Email/ SMS notification to the establishment
- Users can pre-assign user ID and password
- The password can be changed by the user
- Establishments can get their login and passwords online themselves
- The first stage for LIN generation by CLC(C) organization
- Online CLC(C) and DGMS annual return submission
- Common EPFO and ESIC monthly return submission
- LIN data modification and verification
How To Register For EPF Through Shram Suvidha
Employers can register themselves under the category of ‘Under EPF-ESIC Registration’ at Shram Suvidha Online Portal. All companies with minimum strength of 20 employees must mandatorily and smaller companies voluntarily register under The Employees Provident Funds And Miscellaneous Provision’s Act (EPF) Act-1952. Companies/employers need to create an account with Shram Suvidha Portal and use the same account details to login the registration site and register Under EPF.
A high Credit Score may help you get a credit card with better benefits. Check Now
What is LIN?
Government of India has decided to create one unique id as Labour Identification Number (LIN) instead of several codes provided by different departments and agencies of labour laws.
What is E-return facility of Shram Suvidha?
Employers can file/submit their returns to the Labour Laws through Shram Suvidha Portal. After a successful login, select Annual File Return from the main menu to file labour returns for a year for Chief Labour Commissioner (CLC) enforcement agencies. charged mainly with prevention and settlement of industrial disputes, enforcement of labour laws and to promote welfare of workers
If a company is registered under Employees’ Provident Fund-Employees State Insurance (EPF-ESIC), does it needs to re-register with LIN in Shram Suvidha unified portal?
No, the company remains registered and a new Labour Identification Number (LIN) is generated/updated.
How to update establishment data?
Login and go to the ‘Verify Data’ option on dashboard and then click on establishment address.