CRIF Highmark is one of the credit bureaus that is licensed by RBI, to maintain and generate credit reports as well as calculate credit scores in India. This credit information company obtains and maintains credit information for all borrowers across the country including retail consumers, MSME (Medium and Small Enterprises), commercial and microfinance borrowers. Credit reports and scores provided by CRIF Highmark can be accessed by both members and consumers so that they can make informed credit decisions and/or monitor their credit health. CRIF Highmark credit score is a 3-digit numeric summary of your credit history and ranges between 300 and 900. To put it simply, a CRIF Highmark credit score that is closer to 900 such as 750 or higher is desirable as it indicates low-risk financial behaviour to prospective lenders.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Features of Credit Score by CRIF Highmark
Key features of CRIF Highmark Credit Score are given below:
- It is a 3-digit numeric summary of your credit history i.e. your handling of past loans and credit cards
- HighMark credit score lies between 300 and 900.
- A CRIF Highmark Credit Score above 750 is usually considered to be a good score.
- CRIF Highmark Credit Score is of 2 types- Personal Credit Score (for individuals) and Business Credit Score (for commercial entities such as MSMEs and corporations)
- It is used by lenders to gauge the creditworthiness or the risk involved in lending money to a prospective borrower.
- The credit score from CRIF HighMark may also be used by individuals and entities to assess and monitor their own credit health.
- Higher your CRIF HighMark score, greater are your chances of securing credit at more favourable terms. This is because a high score indicates responsible credit behaviour and lower risk of default for the lender.
- Your repayment history, current credit utilisation, length of your credit history, credit mix and new credit applications are the major components that make up your credit score.
Suggested Read: How Credit Cards Impact your Credit Score?
How to Check CRIF Highmark Credit Score and Credit Report for FREE?
You can avail your CRIF Highmark credit report and score with monthly updates for free through Paisabazaar.com by simply following the steps given below:
1. Visit the Free Credit Score Application page on Paisabazaar.com website
2. Fill out important details including your name, date of birth, PAN, mobile number, etc., agree to the terms and conditions and click on “Get Your Credit Score”.
3. Follow the subsequent verification steps including OTP authentication.
4. Once your CRIF Highmark credit score is ready, your credit report will be sent to you as a password-protected attachment via email. You can also login to your free Paisabazaar account to view/download your credit report from CRIF Highmark and other credit bureaus online for free.
5. You will be automatically notified by Paisabazaar about any changes in your credit report on a monthly basis at no charge whatsoever. You can track these changes by simply logging into your Paisabazaar account.
How is Credit Score Calculated by CRIF Highmark?
CRIF Highmark collects borrowers’ data such as outstanding loans, repayment records, etc. from lenders such as bank and NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies) across India. This data is then used to generate credit reports and scores of individual as well as institutional borrowers in India. Credit Score is a 3-digit numeric summary of the credit history recorded in your credit report.
CRIF Highmark uses its own unique proprietary algorithm to compute a person’s credit score. As a result of the legal protections in place, it is impossible to determine the exact impact that factor has when calculating your CRIF HighMark credit score. However, some key factors that impact your CRIF Highmark credit score calculation are as follows:
- Repayment History
- Outstanding Debt
- Credit Mix
- Length of Your Credit History
- New Credit Applications
Services Offered by CRIF Highmark
CRIF Highmark collects and maintains credit behaviour data of both individual and institutional borrowers across various loan types and lending institutions to generate credit reports and scores based on this data. Member institutions like banks and NBFCs are the main source of credit information (data) for the credit bureau. These Members work on the principle of reciprocity and thus, while lenders offer borrowers’ data and avail data regarding the credit behaviour of individuals and commercial entities to make informed lending decisions.
CRIF Highmark also offers various services to its consumers- both individuals and commercial entities, including access to their credit report and score to view and monitor their financial well-being. Various services offered by CRIF Highmark to its Members and Consumers are given below:
a. Consumer Services:
- Access to personal Credit Report and Credit Score
- Dispute resolution services in case of inaccuracies/errors found in the Credit Report
b. Member Services:
Members can make informed business decisions relating to customer acquisition, evaluate risk, prevent fraud, etc. using CRIF Highmark’s information, analytics and software solutions. Given below are some key services offered by CRIF Highmark to its Members:
- Access to Credit Report and Scores of prospective borrowers to aid lending decisions
- Identification and Anti-Fraud services
- Predictive Analytics & Scorecards
c. Additional Solutions offered by CRIF HighMark:
- Business Rules and Decision Management
- De-duplication Platform
- Collections Management
- External Data Connector
- Loan Origination
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Q1. How long does CRIF Highmark take to generate a Credit Report?
Once you have applied for a CRIF Highmark credit report online, uploaded/submitted necessary documents and made the payment (in case you wish to avail more than one credit report within the same calendar year), the online credit report is instantly sent on your registered email id.
Q2. What are the charges that I need to pay to get my CRIF Highmark credit report?
As per RBI’s directive, consumers can avail one full free credit report (with credit score) from each of the 4 credit bureaus operating in India every calendar year. Therefore, you can avail one free credit report from CRIF Highmark every calendar year. However, in case you wish to avail another credit report from CRIF Highmark within the same year, you will be required to pay a fee of Rs. 399.
Q3. Why is there a difference between my CRIF Highmark credit score and my CIBIL Score?
There is a difference between your CRIF Highmark credit score and your CIBIL Score even though both the CICs have the same score range of 300-900 because each of them have their own proprietary algorithm that they use to calculate credit scores.
Q4. How can I improve my CRIF Highmark credit score?
The following ways could help you improve your CRIF Highmark credit score:
- Regularly monitor of your credit report
- Repay your debts on time (credit cards and loans)
- Maintain a low credit utilisation ratio (usually 30% or lower)
- Have a balanced credit mix
- Avoid applying for multiple loans simultaneously
Additional Read: How many months does it take to increase my CIBIL score?
Q5. How can I contact CRIF Highmark in case I have any queries related to my CRIF Highmark Credit Score/ Credit Report?
In case you have queries or issues relating to your CRIF Highmark credit report/credit score, you can get in touch with the company’s customer care between 10:00 am to 07:00 pm Monday to Saturday via any of the following methods:
- You can call on 020-67057878.
- You can also send an email at email@example.com