It is seen that whenever an individual applies for a loan, the lender would naturally approach the credit bureaus to access his/her credit score and credit history. This information is supremely important for lenders so as to analyze the person’s credit behavior. Therefore, it helps them take a lending decision and also avoid the risk of suffering loss in the form of unpaid loans.
For this purpose, the lenders trust credit rating companies, such as Equifax, to provide them a clear insight into the credit history of a probable customer. The primary purpose of these organizations is to track overdue payments, misdeeds, defaults, bounced cheques, etc. It is observed that a lender typically selects those applicants who manage a high credit score and are tagged potentially safe to offer a lending. The overall credit rating system is a massive benefit for banks and lenders to eliminate the potentially risky customers and only provide credit to those candidates who possess a good credit history.
- Equifax ePORT is basically a business-to-business gateway that assists lenders access information that they require for making an educated decision regarding lending to a particular individual. Coupled with technology, this online portal is designed to offer end-to-end, flexible and user-friendly access to tools that help companies advance their efficiency as well as bottom-line results.
- The effectiveness of Equifax ePORT can be checked across organizations of all sizes. Moreover, it is open for small businesses to large corporates as a one-stop destination for a wide range of revenue-enhancing products and tools. What does ePORT offer? It serves the user with consumer and commercial driven products and solutions such as risk analytics and scoring, fraud solutions, ensuring regulatory compliance and employment verification.
- For accessing ePORT, one needs to create a valid Company ID / User ID and Password and enter it on Equifax ePORT portal. With the availability of this service, non-banking financial companies, online gateway banks, and other institutions can acquire detailed credit data concerned with potential borrowers.
For whom is Equifax ePORT essential?
- The advantage of ePORT can be taken by businesses of all sizes. The many facilities offered by this service helps enterprises balance risk and enable them to fix data-driven decisions. Furthermore, it assists them to access accurate, updated consumer credit information which quickens the decision-making process.
- Equifax ePORT is considered as convenient and swift access to product information and solutions. It also works to offer better customer support, quicker response to requests, and even permits direct data downloading.
Important Aspects of Equifax ePORT
Equifax has emerged as the leading credit solutions provider across 15 countries. It was established in India in 2007 and has proven effective in aiding businesses to manage risk with the offering of a full suite of solutions comprising decision platforms, private data assets, and analytics. Equifax ePORT, the online platform is loaded with several beneficial traits that should be known in-depth.
- It offers a secure and personalized web experience for each of its member.
- The portal serves as a hub for credit-related products and tools useful to all kinds of organizations–ranging from small businesses, medium-sized companies to global corporations.
- The safety features comprise of the role and location-based security.
- It can be tagged as a stockroom and transfer instrument for different types of Equifax product-related information.
Benefits of Equifax ePORT
If you still haven’t realized, then there are undoubtedly several benefits to the Equifax ePORT. Some of the major advantages include:
- Direct data download which saves a lot of time.
- The online service operates as one single portal in order to provide convenient access to the consumer as well as commercial solutions/products.
- Equifax ePORT offers complete scalability, which means the solutions offered would advance the growth of your business.
- Interestingly, this web-based portal offers round-the-clock accessibility in regard to the tools.
- Response time is another advantage with ePORT when it comes to new customer inquiries.
Different Security Features of Equifax ePORT
It is important to note that, with Equifax ePORT member company administrators are offered access to the following tools:
- Consumer File Logs – Administrators can quickly view the users’ credit report action.
- User Profile Logs – Changes related to users’ profiles can be analyzed by the administrators.
- Report Profile Logs – The administrators are blessed with the authority to examine the various alterations made to Equifax product selections, including additions, deletions, and modifications.
- Secure Token Logs – Above all, the administrators can evaluate each time an individual user downloads a new token. Further, after the download, it is possible to view the IP address of the machine which was utilized to download the token in addition to the transaction date and time.
FAQs on Equifax ePORT
Here are a few important and crucial questions related to Equifax ePORT that can prove useful.
Q. What information is needed in order to register for ePORT?
One needs to have the following information details so as to register for ePORT:
- Company Name
- Customer Number or Equifax Member Number
- Security digits – necessary to register for ePORT services
Q. What are the Equifax Customer Login ID and Password?
- In order to enter the ePORT platform, user ID and password are the necessary pieces of information. These are basically selected by the customer at the time of registration or can be allotted by the Company Administrator.
- The user ID is typically a series of characters which is used by ePORT to differentiate one user from another. On the other hand, the password is a series of characters which permits the user to access ePORT. These measures are needed to curb unauthorized users from entering the ePORT system. Your ePORT password should be at least eight characters, and maximum should stretch up to 20 characters in length. Furthermore, there shouldn’t be more than two repeating characters and minimally a combination of two of the three mentioned character set, namely, numeric, alpha, or special characters. It is always useful to remember that passwords at ePORT are case sensitive.
- What is Credit Information Report?
- Why Should You Review Your Credit Report Regularly?
- Missing a Single Payment Can Affect Your CIBIL Score
- What is the minimum CIBIL score required for Credit Card?
- How to Remove Name From CIBIL Defaulter List?
- How to Repair Faulty Credit Report
- Bad Credit Practice that Lead to Bad Credit Score
- How to check your Experian credit score for free?
- Common Myths About Credit Score