The process of Pan Card application is very simple and mandatory. However, in order to verify Pan Card online, only certain entities are entitled. Pan Card verification can also be done by someone else apart from the applicant given the fact that he has required necessary documents. The online verification of PAN Card is carried out by NSDLe-governance Infrastructure Limited or UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited. Through this online facility, the applicant can verify their Pan Card by submitting the required details. Verification facility is not available on paper. It is compulsory for the authorised applicant to register themselves online. There are three primary mediums through which Pan Card verification can take place. They are as follows:
- API PAN based verification- This particular mode enables the applicant to verify their Pan Card by using a verification site by taking the help of a software application.
- File based verification- In this mode; the applicant can login in the account and then upload a file which contains as many as 1000 PANs in the given structure that is mentioned by NSDLe-governance. Within 24 hours of uploading and submitting this file, the site offers all the necessary PAN details and if the format of the file uploaded by the user is wrong, then a rejection message will be conveyed to the user.
- Screen based verification- The user must first login and can furnish a maximum of five PANs that is provided to him on the screen. Those PANs details must be submitted and the same are given out as results.
PAN Verification Eligibility
Only certain entities are eligible to enjoy the services of PAN verification. They are as follows:
- Goods and services tax networks.
- Commercial Taxes department.
- Reserve Bank of India.
- Income Tax Projects.
- Central and State Government Agencies.
- Stock Exchange.
- Commodity Exchange.
- Clearing Corporations.
- Other entities that needs to furnish the Annual Information Return.
- Companies that require furnishing the Annual Information Return.
- Educational Institutions set up by the Regulatory Bodies.
- Credit Card Companies.
- Mutual Funds.
- Companies as well as Government deduct that file TDS and TCS return.
- Insurance Repository.
- Insurance Companies.
- Non-Banking Financial enterprises approved by the Reserve Bank of India.
Documents Required for Pan Card Verification
Authorized persons who undergo the process of Pan Card verification need to submit certain set of details and several supporting documents for a successful verification of Pan. The applicant is required to submit a signed copy of the terms and conditions on the entity’s letterhead, an authorization letter and also a demand draft for the fees which is charged from him/her for successful renewal. The required details for online verification are as follows:
- Details related to Organisation- the required details are:
- Entity’s name.
- Entity’s TAN and PAN.
- Entity’s category.
- Entity’s personal details.
- Entity’s contact details.
- Details related to Payment- the required details are
- Amount of payment.
- Payment mode.
- The number of instrument.
- Details pertaining to Digital Signature Certificate- the required details are:
Certifying authority’s name.
Digital Signature Certificate’s class.
Serial Number of the Digital Signature Certificate.
Searching the Pan Status and Authorization of Registration
Authorized entities involved in online Pan Verification process can easily track the status of their registration with the help of the authorisation number that is offered to them. Upon successful as well as unsuccessful verification, a message with the ID of the user appears on the screen showing the status of the registration.
On the other hand, the authority to authorise a particular entity for verification is vested to the Income Tax Department. The applicant willing to verify their Pan Card number online must firstly register themselves and then fill the complete form available on the official website of NSDL e along with the supporting documents and payment amount. This authority then transfers the request of verification to the Income Tax Department. Upon successful authorisation, the applicant receives and 8 digit user ID which can be used by him to track the verification status of Pan. If the Income Tax Department rejects the registration plea, the payment made by him gets refunded to him.
Registration for Online PAN Verification
In order to successfully verify the Pan online, the authorised entities must keep in mind certain points. These pointers are as follows:
- The latest version of the SafeNet eToken drivers should be used by the applicant.
- The version should be I.E. browser supported. For this purpose it can be any one from 7, 8, 9 or even 10.
- A proper Client OPERATING System like Windows XP Professional service Pack 3, Windows 7 should be used.
- An updated JRE version should be used like Oracle JAVA (32-bit) 1.6 update 29 or above.
Refilling of Pan Verification
The facility of online Pan Verification can only be utilised for a year by the authorised entity after which this facility expires. For the purpose of annual renewal, a fee of Rs.12,000 is charged from the applicant along with other fees like Swachh Bharat Cess and service tax. When the verification period gets over, the entity receives a system generated e-mail in which the renewal due and procedure to be followed is mentioned. The authorised applicant has a maximum of 60 days before the expiry date of the facility to renew the verification facility.
Steps to Follow for Renewing Pan Verification Facility
In order to renew the verification facility that only lasts a year, several steps needs to be followed by the authorised entity. These steps are as follows:
- Use the Digital Signature Certificate and login with the User ID.
- Select on the option “payment”.
- Then click on “Renewal of Facility” option appearing on the screen.
- Properly fill up all the details regarding payment.
- Lastly, click on “Submit” button to complete the renewal procedure.