Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit alphanumeric code called for all income-earning individuals or non-individual entities regarding income tax payment and availing government subsidies. Possessing PAN card is a mandatory requirement for all the citizens of India as declared by the Government of India. PAN Form 49AA is an application form used by the individuals, who are not the citizens of India or any non-individual entities incorporated outside India. Form 49AA is available online and can be downloaded from the official websites of NSDL e-governance or UTIITSL. This form requires the KYC details of the applicant and should be duly filled by Foreign Institutional Investor or a Qualified Foreign Investor as prescribed under regulations provided by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
|For Download PAN Form 49AA – Click Here|
Structure of Form 49AA
There is no such difference between the Form 49AA and Form 49A. Individuals filling Form 49AA only need to provide their basic details as required for KYC process of the applicant. This form should be duly filled by the Foreign Institutional Investor or a Qualified Foreign Investor under regulation issued by SEBI.
For Individuals –
- Marital status
- Citizenship Status
- Occupation details- Private sector service, Public sector/Govt. service, Business
- Professional, Agriculturist, Retired, Housewife, Student or Other
For Non-Individuals –
- Type of company- Private Company, Public Company, Body Corporate, Financial Institution, Non-Government Organization or Charitable Organization
- Gross Annual Income in INR
- Net-worth (Assets less liabilities) in INR
- Does it have few persons or persons of the same family holding beneficial ownership and control
- Is the entity involved / providing any of the following services- Foreign Exchange, Money Changer Services, Gaming/Gambling/Lottery services (Casinos and Betting Syndicates) or Money Lending, Pawning
- Whether the applicant or the applicant’s authorized signatories/trustees/office bearers are politically exposed or related to a politically exposed person
- Taxpayer identification Number in the country of residence
Procedure of filling Form 49AA
Form 49AA consists of 17 sections and various sub-sections to provide an ease to the applicant in filling up the PAN form. Given below are the components that Form 49AA serves to be duly filled:
- The first field that applicant need to fill is of Assessing Officer (AO Code). It consists of AO Type, Range number or AO number. You can find information regarding this on NSDL website
- Then fill in your title as Mr/Mrs/Ms/ with your surname, full name and middle name
- Use your name as printed in PAN card
- If you have been known by other name, then mention it in the given space
- Tick mark for your gender. It is applicable only for the individual applicants
- Enter your Date of Birth/Incorporation/Agreement/ Partnership/Association of Person in the next field
- Then enter the details of your parents in the given space. It is applicable only for individual applicants
- Now enter your residence address and office address in the given space.
- Fill in your mobile number and valid e-mail address
- Status of the applicant such as Individual/ HUF/Company/Partnership Firm and others mentioned in the form needs to be tick marked as applicable
- If you are a company, firms etc, mention the registration number
- Mention your country of citizenship and ISD code of the country of citizenship
- Then mention full name and address of the representative or agent of the applicant in India
- After that you need to enter the name of the document submitted as Proof of Identity(POI) and Proof of Address(POA)
- At the end you need to fill the name, with date and place and duly sign on the form.
- Submit the duly filled form to NSDL e-Govt. or UTIITSL office along with other required documents and fee’s demand draft
Necessary Documents Required with the Form 49AA
Citizens outside country are supposed to submit necessary documents along with the Form 49AA for Proof of Identity and Proof of Address. Below mentioned are the documents required to submit with the application form:
Documents for Proof of Identity:
- Driving licence
- Arm’s licence
- Aadhaar Card
- Any photo identity card issued by a government body
- Pensioner card with photograph of the applicant
- Bank certificate
Documents for Proof of Address:
- Electricity bill
- Landline bill
- Broadband connection bill
- Water bill
- Consumer gas connection
- Bank account statement
- Depository account statement
- Post office passbook
- Passport of the spouse
- A domicile certificate that is issued by the government
- Aadhaar card
Q. What is a Form 49AA used for?
A. Form 49AA is used for applying for a new PAN card by NRIs and foreigners. They can fill this form to update their PAN card details as well.
Q. Can I fill up a Form 49AA in my regional/native language?
A. Form 49AA has to be filled in English only. If the form is filled in any other language, the application is not accepted.
Q. What are the various payment channels that are available for making a payment for your PAN?
A. One can make fee payment for PAN application online through net banking, credit cards, debit cards, UPI, etc.
Q. In the case of disability, can I use my left thumb for signing a PAN application form?
A. In case an applicant fills the form offline and he is disabled, he can use the left thumb impression for verification.