Linking Aadhaar with your mobile number is necessary to avail various Aadhaar-related services, use the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP), mAadhaar App, etc. Read on to know all about how to link mobile number with Aadhar card online and offline, documents required, charges involved and more.
A Good Credit Score ensures you manage Your Finances Well Check Now
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Offline
You can link your Aadhaar card with mobile number by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment/Update centre. To register/update your mobile number in Aadhaar card, you need to follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Locate the nearest Aadhaar enrolment/update centre by clicking on https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
Step 2: Mention your mobile number in the Aadhaar Enrolment Form in case you are new to the UIDAI ecosystem to register your mobile number with Aadhaar card. Alternately, you can fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form in case you have changed your existing mobile number or did not register the same earlier.
Step 3: Submit the form, provide your biometrics for authentication and make the payment
Step 4: You will receive an acknowledgement slip from the executive
Step 5: The slip contains an Update Request Number (URN) which can be used to track the status of your Aadhaar or Aadhaar update.
Step 6: You can also track the status of your Aadhaar by calling UIDAI’s toll-free number 1947
Step 7: You are not required to get another Aadhaar card after updating mobile number in Aadhaar
Step 8: Once your mobile number is linked to Aadhaar card, you will start receiving Aadhaar OTPs for availing a number of facilities.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Online
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to link Aadhar with mobile number online without visiting an Aadhaar Seva Kendra:
- Visit this Indian Postal Service website link
- Enter basic details including your name, address, mobile number, email address, etc.
- Choose ‘PPB- Aadhaar Service’ as the Service from the drop-down menu
- Select UIDAI-Mobile/Email to Aadhaar linking/update
- Once you have filled the required fields and made the appropriate selections, click the ‘Request OTP’ button
- On the next screen, enter the OTP received on your mobile number
- Click on ‘ Confirm Service Request’. You will receive a Reference Number which you can use to track the status of your application
- Upon successful submission, the request will be sent to the post office near you
- The verification process will be done by an officer tasked with the Aadhar update/linking job. The officer will visit your address and carry out the verification process using a mobile biometric device (For iris, fingerprints and photographs).
- He/she will complete the update/linking process and charge you a fee for the service.
Documents Required to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number
The only document required for linking Aadhaar card with a mobile connection is a self-attested copy of your Aadhar card. You do not have to provide any other document, address proof or identity proof for this purpose.
Fee for Linking Your Aadhaar with Mobile Number
You are not required to pay any charges to link your Aadhaar card with mobile number at the time of Aadhaar enrolment. However, in case you wish to link/change/update your mobile number registered with Aadhaar, you will be required to pay Rs. 50 (inclusive of GST) for the same. Do note that, in case multiple fields are updated in one instance, no additional fee needs to be paid.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number
Here are a few key reasons why you should link your Aadhaar with mobile number:
- In order to avail various Aadhaar-related facilities, you need to link your Aadhaar card with mobile number. OTPs are sent on your registered mobile number which need to be provided to avail different Aadhaar services. These OTPs help in adding an added layer of security to your Aadhaar. You will not be able to avail these services in case your number is not linked with Aadhaar.
- To use the online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updation, your mobile number should be linked with your Aadhaar card
- You also need to link your mobile number to Aadhaar card in order to avail all online services related to Aadhaar.
- To download your Aadhaar card online, that is, e-Aadhaar, you are required to provide the OTP sent on your registered mobile number.
- The mAadhaar app lets you carry your Aadhaar on your phone and avail various Aadhaar services using your mobile phone. You can use the mAadhaar app only when your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar. To know more about the mAadhaar app, click here
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Link Aadhaar with Other Documents
|Link Aadhar with PAN Card||Link Aadhar with EPF Account||Link Aadhar with Bank Account|
|Link Aadhar with Ration Card||Link Aadhar with Driving License||Link Aadhar with LIC Policy|
Linking Aadhaar to Mobile Number FAQs
Q. How many mobile numbers can I link with my Aadhaar Card?
A. You can only link/register a single mobile number with your Aadhaar card.
Q. Can I link my mobile number with the Adhaar card of my family members?
A.One mobile number can be linked to multiple Aadhaar cards.
Q. Can we link Aadhaar number with mobile number online?
A. Yes, you can link Aadhaar with mobile number online via the Indian Postal Service website.
Q. My mobile number is linked with Aadhaar. Can I link a different mobile number with my Aadhaar card?
A. Yes, you can change/update the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card by visiting the nearest Aadhaar update centre.
Q. Do I have to visit the same enrolment centre for updation where my original enrolment was done?
A. No, you can visit any of the Aadhaar Seva Kendras to update Aadhaar details.
Q. Will my Aadhaar number change after update?
A. No, your Aadhaar number will remain same even after the update.