mAadhaar is the official application of UIDAI where you can add your Aadhaar card and carry it everywhere you want to. Aadhaar has been made mandatory to avail a number of services and people have to furnish their Aadhaar card everywhere. Aadhaar has to be linked with bank accounts, mobile numbers, PAN, UAN and also for availing a number of subsidies under various government schemes. Thus, the importance of the document increases manifolds. A person can lose or misplace his original Aadhaar if he carries it with himself everywhere. Therefore, UIDAI came up with a solution for it with the digital partner mAadhaar. The mAadhaar can be installed on your android smartphone.
|About mAadhaar App|
|What is mAadhaar App?||Compatibility of mAadhaar||How to Install mAadhaar App|
|Add Profile in mAadhaar||How to Delete mAadhaar Profile||How to Lock/Unlock Biometrics in mAadhaar|
|Use TOTP Feature on mAadhaar||Advantages of mAadhaar App|
What is mAadhaar App?
mAadhaar App is the official Aadhaar application launched by UIDAI in order to provide a platform for Aadhaar holders to carry their demographic data and photograph with them in their smartphones. An Aadhaar card holder can add his profile in the app and access it whenever and wherever he wants. A total of three Aadhaar profiles can be created in the app. The app is well protected by the security password that the user has to enter to open the app every time. This ensures that the Aadhaar data present in the app is not accessed by anyone other than the user himself.
Compatibility of mAadhaar
- As of now, mAadhaar can be installed on all smartphones working on Android 5.0 and above.
- UIDAI has not released the iOS variant of the mAadhaar app.
- It is currently working on the bugs and will release the app for iPhone users in near future.
- mAadhaar can be installed on all Android phones, however, only that profile can be added in the app which is linked with the mobile number being used in the phone.
- If your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar or you have a mobile number registered in Aadhaar that is different from the one being used in the mobile device, you will not be able to avail the facility of mAadhaar. To know more here how to register your mobile number in Aadhar card.