It might happen that individuals/non-individuals who apply for PAN may face some issues or difficulties in receiving PAN in correct format. For this, government has provided the solution for PAN Grievances to minimize the errors or complexities individuals face while applying for PAN or after receiving it. Also, government is consistently working on the same so that no one gets affected by any of the issues related to the PAN. Income-tax department has an electronic portal for lodging PAN Grievances through Aayakar Sampark Kendra (ASK). By using this portal one can submit his grievance pertaining to an application for PAN submitted to either UTIITSL or NSDL. One can also surrender the duplicate PAN through this portal.
If you are facing any grievances related to PAN applied through UTIISL or NDSL, you can simply visit the page of Income Tax Department called Sparsh India at
https://incometax.intelenetglobal.com/pan/pan.asp to submit the complaints related to PAN applications online. After submitting, applicants will be able to check the status of their PAN application.
Nature of Complaints
There can be different types of complaints that individual faces while applying or receiving PAN. Below mentioned are some of the complaints which are considered common to the most:
- Incorrect name printed on the card: It has been found often that individuals do not get their actual name printed on the card with correct spelling or name. It might happen due to any manual mistake or technical. One should immediately get it rectified as soon as possible as this card acts as a proof of identity in the country.
- Neither PAN card nor PAN Number received: There is a chance that individuals might not receive their PAN number or PAN Card due to misplacement or delivery to the wrong address, it should be the ultimate responsibility of the card holder to report and get it resolved soon.
- Returned Undelivered: Sometimes individuals may not receive PAN due to wrong delivery address or missing the delivery date and in turn the PAN gets undelivered as is returned to the authorities concerned. In this situation, the relevant authority should be reported soon.
- Mismatched Photo: The image imprinted on the card might mismatch with the actual photo of the individual. This is one of the common grievances faced by the applicants. Issues related to this should be immediately reported.
- Others: There can be some other grievances as well like Father’s name mismatch, wrong communication address, name mismatch, date of birth mismatch and many more. All such mistakes should be brought in knowledge of the concerned authorities and rectified at the earliest.
As nature of complaints can be different for different card holders, Aayakar Sampark Kendra acts as a dedicated official resource to handle the grievances related to PAN, ensuring that there are minimum errors and simplified solutions provided to the PAN card holders.
Procedure to File Complaints Online for PAN Grievances
- Visit the website of Income Tax Department at https://incometax.intelenetglobal.com/pan/pan.asp
- Grievances related to PAN card can be lodged by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- After clicking on the submit link, you are supposed to choose the nature of complaint from the drop down list.
- Provide your Receipt Number/Coupon Number, PA Number and Agency
- You need to provide your Name, Father name, Date of Birth, Address, Phone, Email, Application Date and finally add brief description of the complaint in Applicant Remark field.
- Once filled correctly, you can submit the PAN form online.
Check your status of PAN Grievances
Sparsh portal also provides individuals with the facility to check their PAN grievance status using https://incometax.intelenetglobal.com/pan/PAN.asp?id=2. After entering your PAN number, Coupon Number, Complaint Number from the drop down menu you can search for the PAN grievances. Then click on the submit button to get the status of your PAN grievance.
Income Tax Department is highly focused on providing simplified solutions to the PAN card holders so that minimum issues are faced and maximum results are obtained. Sparsh portal is focused on providing the PAN card holders a solution to all complaints effectively and with the immediate response too.