Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique alphanumeric code that stores the financial history of a person. It can be used as identity proof as well. Thus it is very necessary to have the correct information in the document. Photo and signature are very important in PAN. It is required for verification at the time of availing any financial service such as a loan, credit card, investment, etc. Thus, it is imperative that you get the photo and signature updated on the card so that you do not face any hassle in future. You have to follow the steps mentioned below to find out how to change photo and signature in PAN card:
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Steps to Update Photo and Signature in PAN Card Online
- Visit NSDL’s website at https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Select “Changes or Correction in existing PAN data” from the “Application Type” option.
- Select “Individual” from the “Category” menu
- Now enter the “Applicant Information” and click on “Submit”
- Note the generated token number and continue with the PAN application
- Select how you want to perform KYC
- Enter other mandatory details such as Aadhaar/EID and other details
- Tick on “Photo Mismatch” and “Signature Mismatch” and enter Father’s or Mother’s details and click on “Next” for PAN card signature change or photo update
- Enter your personal details such as address, contact details, etc. in the “Address and Contact” section
- Provide proof of identity, proof of address and proof of date of birth
- If you submit a copy of your Aadhaar card, the above three requirements will be fulfilled. You are also required to submit a copy of your PAN or PAN allotment Letter
- Tick the declaration in the section and click on “Submit” to submit your details
- Upload the scanned copy of the document proofs for verification
- Now review the complete form and click on “Submit” to submit your details else you can click on “Edit” to update your details
- Now you have to make a payment of ₹ 110 (including GST) if your address is within India and ₹ 1020 (including GST) if your address is outside India.
- Save the application and take the printout of it
- Send the application to NSDL’s address to ‘INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited)’ at 5th Floor Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune-411 016.
- Do not forget to enclose the required documents along with the form
- You will get a 15-digit acknowledgement number that can be used to track the status of the application
Also Read :- Steps to Change/Update Your Photo in Aadhaar Card
Steps to Update Photo and Signature in PAN Card Offline
You can update/change your photo and/or signature in PAN Card offline by following the steps given below:
- Download the Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN Data Form
- Carefully fill out all the mandatory details
- Attach the relevant documents including the proof of address, proof of identity, passport size photographs, etc.
- After this, submit the form at the nearest NSDL collection centre
- Pay the applicable charges for PAN card update/correction offline. After successful payment, you will receive a 15-digit acknowledgement number to track the status of PAN Card application
Documents Required to Change Photo and Signature in PAN Card
An applicant has to provide the following documents to change the photo and signature in PAN card:
- Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Proof of Date of Birth
- Proof of Aadhaar (Copy of Aadhaar Card), in case AADHAAR is mentioned
- Additional documents for PAN Change Request application
– Proof of PAN – Copy of PAN card/allotment letter
– Proof of Change Requested
- Photo of the applicant (In case of change in photo) The PAN card photo size should be 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm or 132.28 pixels x 94.49 pixels.
Read More: Detailed list of documents acceptable for PAN Card Update/Correction
Get Free Credit Report with Complete Analysis of Credit Score Check Now
Q1. Is signature mandatory in PAN Card?
Yes, signature is mandatory for PAN Card. Without signature, a PAN Card is considered invalid and not eligible for online PAN verification.
Q2. How long will it take to get my updated/corrected PAN Card?
It usually takes 15 working days to get the updated/corrected PAN Card at the address proof.
Q3. What if the PAN Card photo size that I upload/attach does not match the one specified on the NSDL website?
In case the PAN card photo size is not 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm, the application might not get approved.