The government has made it mandatory for employees to link their EPF account with Aadhaar and other documents. EPFO has made provisions for people to update their KYC details quite easily through the online portal. Updating your KYC details also helps in getting a range of benefits like easy operation of accounts, low TDS on withdrawals, etc.
Steps to update KYC Details
It is very simple to update your KYC details in the EPF account. Users have to follow these quick steps to update their details at the EPF portal:
- Login to your EPF account using your UAN and password at
- Under the “Manage” section, click on the “KYC” option from the drop down list.
- The KYC details updating form will open. You can fill a number of your details such as PAN, Aadhaar, passport, driving license, ration card, election card, National Population Register (NPR) and bank details.
- Tick on the box in front of the document that you want to update. Enter the document number, your name as per the document and additional details such as IFSC in case of bank details and expiry date in case of passport and driving license.
- Once you save the changes made by clicking the save button, your data will be saved under the “Pending KYC” section.
- In case you do not want your details to be updated, you can cancel the KYC process by clicking on the X sign marked against the document before it is verified by the EPFO.
- Your details are then verified by the EPFO from the data of the concerned department.
- Once the details matches, verified is marked in front of the document.
Updating Contact Details in Your EPF Account
Not only your KYC details can be updated through the EPF portal, but your contact details can also be updated online. Here is how you can update your contact details:
- Login to your EPF account using your UAN and password.
- In the “Manage” section, click on the “Contact Details” option in the drop down
- Your mobile number and email address is already fed in your EPF account. These details were taken at the time of activation of your account.
- Tick on the box against “Change mobile number” option or “Change E-Mail Id” option to update your details and click on the “Get Authorization Pin” button.
- Once you enter the authorization pin sent to you through an OTP on your mobile number, your mobile phone/e-mail will be updated in your EPF account.
- It may take some time to update your contact details in your EPF account.
Benefits of Updating KYC Details
Once your KYC details are updated in your EPF account, you can avail a range of benefits. Some of those are mentioned below:
- Online withdrawal claim can be processed only when KYC details are seeded with the UAN.
Smooth transfer of EPF accounts.
- Members get a monthly SMS intimating the monthly PF after activation.
- In case the member withdraws his PF before 5 years of service, a TDS of 10% is levied against the amount
- If PAN is updated in the account. In case PAN is not updated, TDS charged increases to 34.608%.