The introduction of UAN, short for Universal Account Number, has made processes like accessing your PF account services such as withdrawal, checking EPF balance, application of loan against PF, etc. have been made easy. UAN is basically a 12 digit number alloted to every working individual with the idea of avoiding allocation of multiple PF accounts to one individual. Irrespective of the organization the individual works with, his/her UAN remains the same and the PF account continues until he/she retires.
The Employee’s Provident Fund Office issues a UAN card containing details of the employee. UAN Card must necessarily be furnished by the employee upon switching jobs in order to enable the linking of the old and new PF accounts. Employees can download and print their UAN card easily from the EPFO online portal. Here’s how-
- Log in to the EPFO portal here using your UAN and Password
- Under the ‘View’ section, Click on ‘UAN Card’You can also ‘Download’ your Passbook from here
- The next screen will display your UAN card on the portal
- Click on ‘Download’ UAN card from the option on the top right hand side of the screen
- Your UAN card will look like this. You can either save a soft copy of this card or print a hard copy and keep it with yourself for future use
What Information does the UAN Card Include?
The UAN Card will have the following information-
- Unique Account Number of the employee
- Name of the employee
- Name of the Father/Husband
- KYC (whether completed or not)
- QR Code
- Date Stamp
It is advised that before getting your UAN Card printed, you verify all the details mentioned on the card. In case you come across any errors in your UAN card, you must get them rectified at the earliest. You can learn more about the UAN member portal here.