On 15 August 2014, the government of Rajasthan introduced the Bhamashah Yojana for easy transfer of financial and non-financial benefits of government schemes to women recipients in a transparent manner. The Bhamashah Yojana is considered the first step towards digitization in the state.
What is the Bhamashah Yojana?
The scheme is named after Bhamashah, a famous minister, financier and army general who was a close aide of Maharana Pratap when he became financially weak to the extent that he reached the point of starvation.
The Bhamashah Yojana ensures empowerment of women in the state of Rajasthan and intends to benefit the entire society from cash inclusion. The eligible candidates are delivered end-to-end financial and non-financial services and benefits.
The candidates who are eligible for the Bhamashah scheme can get their Bhamashah cards made in the name of the woman of their family. All the members of the family will be able to avail the benefits using the card. Candidates can apply for the card via both online and offline methods.
The Bhamashah card is an access to-
- Scholarship for education of the students
- Loan for starting a new business
- Free medical treatment at selected hospitals for certain diseases and operations
- Identification of the beneficiaries for free and subsidized ration
- Women who are seeking training to establish their professional careers
Launched with the objective of financial inclusion of women and their empowerment, the Rajasthan Bhamashah Yojana was initially launched in the year 2008, when around 50 lakh women applied, and only 29 lakh accounts could be opened at the time. The project aims to make women financially independent and provide the benefits of multiple other schemes through the Bhamashah Card Yojana.
The Bhamashah card given under this yojana is linked to a bank account in the name of the woman of the house. The card also provides biometric identification and core banking functions to the women, along with multiple cash benefits which are directly transferred to the bank account.
Features of Bhamashah Yojana
- The government benefits from the Bhamashah Yojana are directly transferred to the beneficiary’s account, which further helps in reducing corruption
- The scheme intends to transfer the benefits offered by the State Government directly to the needy women of the society
- The scheme enabled 1.5 Million women to open their bank accounts and avail the benefits
- The students and physically disabled people who are eligible for the scheme are issued the Bhamashah Card
- Men can also avail the benefits of the Bhamashah card by paying an amount of Rs.20 or Rs.25
- The Bhamashah Card also offers a medical insurance of Rs.30,000 to Rs.3Lakh to the poor and deprived in case of medical emergencies
- The women having the Bhamashah Card will be able to purchase ration from the shops using the biometric system
The following conditions must be met in order to be eligible for the Bhamashah Yojana-
- Children must be enrolled in government schools and colleges that are looking for enrollment in academic institutions for the preparation of coaching exams.
- Adults seeking financial help for setting up a business
- Women who are fighting for their identity and trying to establish themselves as a leaders
- Patients seeking help for medical ailments and need financial assistance for operations
How to Apply for Bhamashah Yojana
Offline Application Process
To apply for the scheme offline, the candidates can visit the camp organized for every ward by the state government in all the village panchayat in all the rural and urban areas.
Online Application Process
The eligible candidates can also apply for the Bhamashah Yojana online by providing their Aadhaar number. The candidate will be asked to fill a form, whose information will be used for the generation for the Bhamashah card.
In case the candidate does not have her Aadhaar number, the candidate can get out her Aadhaar card through e-Mitra- Kiosk and then apply for the scheme.
How to Update Details on the Bhamashah Portal
In case of any changes in the Bhamashah card, the candidates can visit the official website and and make the changes on their own. The following information can be updated on the online Bhamashah portal-
- Addition of a new member in the family
- Wedding of any member of the family
- Death of a family member
- Change in the residential address
- Changes in relevant information such as Bank Account
However, for Bhamashah online editing, the candidate will have to use her SSO ID.
Documents Required to Apply for Bhamashah Card
The following documents should be submitted while applying for the Bhamashah card online-
- A copy of the application
- Caste certificate
- Experience letter (for businesses)
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof (Aadhaar card, Ration card, etc.)
Ques: What are the documents required for the Bhamashah Yojana?
Ans: You can submit the following documents to apply for the Bhamashah card-
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- PAN Card
- Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Telephone Bill
- Passport Size Photo of the applicant
- Bank account details
Ques: How long does it take to get the Bhamashah Card?
Ans: After getting the bank account opened, it takes around 2-3 months’ time to get the Bhamashah card. Once the card is made, the applicant will receive an update on the registered mobile number.
Ques: What is the use of the Bhamashah Card?
Ans: The Bhamashah card can be used to avail scholarship for education, loan for a new business, free medical treatment for specific diseases, training for women who wish to pursue professional career and free and subsidized ration.