SBI Net Banking also known as Internet or Online Banking is an electronic payment system that enables customers to access their account, transfer funds online and conduct different types of transactions through the internet. SBI Netbanking enables balance enquiry, fund transfer and much more.
What are the services available using SBI Netbanking?
In order to keep up with the time and to ensure that customers continue to receive quality services, SBI launched its internet banking facility. Customers having a bank account with SBI can make financial transactions easily at the comfort of their home or offices provided they need to apply for SBI online net banking facility.
An account holder can perform the following facilities through SBI net banking:
Services available via SBI Net Banking
|Account details||Account statements||Last 10 transactions|
|Nomination & PAN details||Checking CIBIL Score||Change login password|
|Update profile details||Update Aadhaar in the bank account||NPS payment|
|Fund transfer within SBI||Fund transfer outside of SBI||Donations|
|Demand draft request||SBI Collect||SBI mCash|
|Western Union money transfer||View/Add Biller||Mobile recharges|
|SBI Life Premium Payment||SBI General Premium Payment||SBI MF SIP Registration|
|Fixed Deposit Investment||Issue of Interest Certificate||Recurring Deposit|
|Pay taxes||View Form 26AS||e-Filing/e-Verify Income Tax|
|ATM card services||Sovereign Gold Bond||Online locker|
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
How to Register for SBI Netbanking?
Account holders can do SBI Net banking registration by visiting the home branch. They have to fill the SBI net banking registration form and submit it to the bank executive. A username and password are generated and sent to the user on the registered address by post. One can use the username and password for SBI net banking online registration by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit SBI net banking portal
- Click on “Continue to Login” button
- Click on “New User? Register Here/Activate”
- Account holder will be required to provide his/her details and click on “Submit”
- A temporary username and password is generated that can be used to login and make a permanent username
- Account holder has successfully completed SBI netbanking registration
Also Read: How to Activate Net Banking in SBI
How to Change SBI Net Banking Username and Password?
This is a one-time process and the account holder has to perform it only when logging in to the SBI net banking account for the first time. Follow the steps mentioned below for the same:
- Once account holders activate SBI online net banking account, a temporary username and password is generated
- They have to change the temporary username and password
- The newly created username becomes the permanent username of the account holder
- Now, the account holder has to set the login password and the profile password
- Hint questions have to be set for assistance when the account holder forgets his password
- Once registered, the account holder will be able to use all facilities provided with SBI Online Net Banking
How to Reset SBI Net Banking Password?
An account holder can reset SBI Bank net banking password as many times as he wants to. It is a free service and the bank charges no fee for this service. One can reset his SBI net banking password by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the netbanking portal to login to the account.
Step 2: Click on the “Continue to Login” option.
Step 3: Click on the “Forgot net banking login password” for SBI account.
Step 4: Select the “Forgot my login password” and click on “Next”
Step 5: Fill the required details like user name, bank account number, date of birth, mobile number, country and captcha code to proceed further.
Step 6: After submission, the user will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP to proceed further.
Step 7: In the new drop-down menu, select “Using Profile Password” option to change the SBI online net banking password. Alternatively, account holders can change SBI net banking password by using ATM card details or by visiting the SBI bank branch.
Step 8: Enter the SBI net banking profile password to proceed further.
Step 9: Now enter the new password and submit the request.
Step 10: SBI net banking password reset process has been completed and the account holder will now be able to do SBI net banking login using the new password.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
In case the user forgets the profile password, listed below are the ways one can reset the SBI Netbanking Profile Password:
Step 1: Visit the personal SBI Online Net Banking portal.
Step 2: Click on “Profile” and enter “Forgot Profile Password” option.
Step 3: In the drop-down menu, select the “Hint Question” set at the time of profile creation.
Step 4: Enter the answer to the hint question.
Step 5: Click ‘Submit’ and proceed further.
Step 6: In the drop-down page, enter the new profile password and re-enter the same to confirm it.
Step 7: Click ‘Submit’ and use the registered new profile password.
How to Transfer Funds through SBI Net Banking?
Account holders can transfer funds from one bank account to another online in seconds through SBI Bank net banking. One can do so through any of the following methods:
One can carry out fund transfers online from the SBI account to various other accounts. A list of such accounts is mentioned below:
SBI Net Banking Fund Transfer Options
|Within own SBI accounts||To SBI accounts of others|
|To other bank accounts||Credit Card (Visa) bill payment|
|International fund transfer||SBI Collect|
|Donation||Western Union Services|
|State Bank mCash||Demand Draft Issuance|
SBI Quick Transfer (Without adding beneficiary)
- SBI Quick Transfer service allows a user to transfer funds to an account in India without adding a beneficiary
- One can carry out fund transfer of up to Rs. 10,000 through this method
- The account holder is required to provide the beneficiary account details and select whether the transfer has to be done through NEFT or IMPS
- One can transfer funds up to a maximum of Rs. 25,000 per day
Read More: SBI Quick Transfer
Fund Transfer through SBI Net Banking to SBI Accounts
- Account-holders can transfer funds from their SBI account to other SBI accounts through net banking portal
- One has to add the beneficiary for carrying out fund transfer
- Once added, the account holder can transfer funds online quickly
- One can set the maximum fund transfer limit for a beneficiary as well
- Standing instructions can also be set for post-dated payments
How to transfer funds from SBI account to other bank accounts through net banking?
It is possible to transfer funds from SBI account to other bank accounts. One has to follow the steps mentioned below to do this task without any hassles:
- Log in to the net banking account
- In the “Payment/Transfer” section, select the “Other Bank Account” option
- Select your account and fill the amount that has to be transferred
- Select the beneficiary from the list mentioned and click on the submit button
- The amount will be transferred to the beneficiary’s account on successful submission
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment using SBI Net Banking
The SBI account holders can pay their SBI Card dues using the SBI net banking facility. For paying the credit card bills, use the Paynet-Pay Online option.
How to pay bills using the Paynet-Pay Online?
Step 1: Login to SBI Card online portal using the user ID & password.
Step 2: Select ‘Pay Now’ option appearing on the Dashboard Page.
Step 3: Choose the payment amount.
Step 4: From the drop-down menu, select the mode of payment and bank name.
Step 5: Confirm the filled details and proceed further.
The user will be redirected to the bank’s payment interface for authorising the payment. The account holder will receive the confirmation message after successful payment.
One can also pay the outstanding bill without logging in to the SBI Card online account. Listed below are the steps one needs to follow to make SBI Credit Card Bill Payment through Billdesk:
Step 1: Visit the Billdesk SBI Card page.
Step 2: Enter details like the SBI card number, email-id, mobile number, and the amount to pay.
Step 3: Select the ‘Net Banking’ option and choose the bank account one wishes to debit.
Step 4: Enter the net banking details to log in (User ID and Password).
Step 5: Confirm the payment amount.
After successful payment, the customer will receive an online transaction confirmation with the transaction reference number plus the email acknowledgement of the transaction.
How to pay bills using Visa Credit Card Pay Option?
Given below are the steps one can follow to pay SBI Visa Card dues via Visa Card Pay:
- Log in to the net banking page with user ID and password
- Select the ‘Third Party Funds Transfer’ option and click on ‘Visa Credit Card Pay’
- Enter the sender and recipient details to initiate fund transfer
- Click on ‘Confirm’ and proceed further
After completion, the amount will be debited from the account and the payment will be scheduled to the card.
SBI Online Portal
SBI operates its net banking through a highly secured portal called the SBI Online portal. It provides all the online services through this portal to both— retail, as well as, corporate clients.
The portal is handled by applications supporting the latest technologies to ensure the online data safety of the clients. SBI net banking has a sophisticated and strong software infrastructure ensuring the safety of all the data from across its branches nationwide.
SBI Retail Net Banking
Basically, the retail service is all about one to one dealing with the bank with the clients. In corporate banking, the bank deals with huge corporate entities. SBI, in its retail net banking service, provides several services to its customers. These services are listed below:
- Transfer funds from one account to another online, without much hassle or the need to visit the bank branch.
- Investment options such as opening deposit accounts of various nature viz. Fixed deposits, recurring deposits or a flexible option.
- Apart from the investment schemes and fund transfers, SBI Bank net banking also provides its customers with the option to book flight, train or bus tickets and pay directly via net banking.
- SBI Net banking can also be used for payments for online hotel bookings.
- Online shopping can also be done by simply visiting the website, selecting the things one wants to buy and choosing SBI net banking online as the payment option.
- Bill payments and mobile/DTH recharges is also among many of the services provided by SBI through its net banking.
- One can also transfer instant funds across borders by linking the SBI account to Western Union Services. The portal permits the transfer of funds online to the Western Union for money transfer to an account outside the country.
- Another essential necessity that consumes the time and energy of an individual is tax filing. SBI offers the option of filing e-taxes via its net banking facilities.
- For those clients who are actively involved in the share market and are on a lookout for a good investment in the field, SBI net banking offers the DEMAT account and IPO services too.
Apart from the ones categorically mentioned here, there are several other value-added services that one may avail on the SBI netbanking.
SBI Corporate Net Banking
As mentioned earlier, SBI caters to both retail as well as corporate clients. Some of the key services provided under SBI corporate net banking are as under:
- The ease of access to one’s account from just about anywhere is most important
- SBI net banking facility helps speed up the monetary transactions which otherwise takes far too long
- Since corporate transactions include a large amount of money to be transferred in one go, it is very important to ensure that these transactions are executed securely. For this purpose, the State Bank of India makes sure that the transactions thus made are absolutely safe and secure
- SBI provides its corporate customers with 24*7 access to the portal for transactions
- Utility bills and various taxes that a corporation needs to pay are ample. SBI net banking ensures a single platform where customers can easily make both these payments.
- SBI online provides the facility of uploading the files in case it is required to complete any transaction or payments like tax returns, etc.
- There is also the provision of transferring money from one SBI account to another or the intrabank money transfer facility.
- Inter-bank money transfer is also a facility available to the corporate clients since it is not necessary that the merchant or seller holds an SBI account, thus, a facility of inter-bank transfers is extremely useful.
- Making payments to registered suppliers online is also a facility that SBI provides to its corporate clients. This way, they can ensure the smooth running of the business without worrying about any outstanding payments.
- SBI online banking enables its corporate clients to not only make payments but also collect the same via online banking.
- SBI online also provides the corporate with the option of applying for IPOs online.
Also Read: SBI Corporate Net Banking
Any online banking service provider caters to a lot of customers and their vital data at any given point of time. Thus, it is very important that the banking portal uses a very secure server to execute online financial services. The SBI net banking service also enables its customers to execute a wide range of financial transactions on a daily basis.
In order to make sure that these crucial and sensitive data are not compromised, SBI offers a high level of security to cover the transactions. Internet transactions are made using an encrypted SSL medium. The EV SSL certificate awarded to SBI as a way of quality assurance in terms of security is proof that SBI uses the highest level of security while enabling its customers to use online portal for financial transactions. This security feature is known as VeriSign and its key security features are listed below:
- VeriSign is believed to be one of the leading internet security certification authorities in the world. This same VeriSign has attested to the security standards adopted by SBI in its online banking portal.
- In order to check, look for the padlock symbol which will either be in the address bar or in the status bar. This symbol is the proof of security certificate. The symbol will always be located within the display area and never out of it.
- When one clicks on the padlock sign, the symbol will display the certificate of attestation by VeriSign proving that SBI on its end has indeed ensured that the clients’ transactions are completely secure.
Self-Vigilance Guidelines for SBI Net Banking Users
While the bank is doing its share of work in ensuring the safety of online transactions, yet it is always advisable for the clients to be extra careful, since even the slightest carelessness on their end could lead to a severe monetary loss to them. After all, despite due diligence, the security measures are still mechanical and are handled by artificial intelligence which can easily be manipulated in the wrong hands. Thus, the bank lays out several guidelines for the users to ensure safety and vigilance on their end. Some of these guidelines are as under:
- A customer should never share the password with anyone. It is worth mentioning that the bank will never ask for the customer’s password.
- It is always wise to keep changing them at various intervals which makes it difficult for anyone to hack it.
- Try to have a password that makes use of variations such as upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers and special symbols. The tougher the password combination, the harder it is for someone to crack it.
SBI Net Banking Customer Care Number
For any SBI netbanking related query, the account holders can call SBI’s 24X7 helpline number. The toll free numbers can be accessed from all landlines and mobile phones. For enquiries, dial –
1800 11 2211
1800 425 3800
A Better Credit Score ensures you manage Your Finances Well Check Now
SBI Net Banking - FAQs
Q: Can account holders avail banking facilities on their mobile phone as well?
A: Yes, SBI provides SBI YONO app provides all the banking facilities on-the-go. Account-holders can download SBI YONO – SBI Mobile Banking app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Q: Does SBI Bank charges for Internet Banking?
A: No, the bank does not charge the customer for availing internet banking facilities. However, if one opts for funds transfer to other accounts via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS, the charges are decided by the individual member banks.
Q: How can one change SBI Netbanking username?
A: Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Deactivate the Net Banking account already registered
- Re-register for net banking online or by visiting branch
- Choose a new username and password
Q: How can one access the SBI net banking facility?
A: The account holders can access the net banking facility via any electronic device like computers, mobile phones or tablets.
Q: How can one receive the username and password to avail Internet Banking service?
A: The username and password are generated by the bank and are sent by courier to the registered address of the account holder.
Q: How to activate SBI Net Banking service without going to the bank?
A: Follow the given steps:
- Visit the SBI Online portal
- Go to the Home Page and select ‘Personal Banking’ option
- Select ‘New User Registration’ option
- In the pop-up menu, fill the given registration form
- The user will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP to proceed further
- Select ‘ATM’ card option and use the card to complete registration
- Click on ‘Submit’ and create a login password to register successfully
- Login using the temporary username and password