Axis Bank is the third largest private sector banks operating in India providing a range of financial products to its customers. The bank offers various products and services that include credit cards, loans, consumer banking, wealth management, and investment, retail and corporate banking services. Over the years, the banking facilities have evolved and have shifted primarily on the technological front. With the introduction of mobile banking, lots of financial procedures has been simplified.
How does mobile banking help? With the availability of mobile banking, different financial activities can be accessed through your smartphones, laptops, tablets, desktops, etc. You can easily impact several processes, such as payments, transfers, deposits, balance enquiries, etc., just by being at home. This mobile banking service called Axis Mobile was launched on June 15, 2013, linked to all savings account holders.
Features of Axis Bank Mobile Banking
One of the active features related to Axis Bank Mobile Banking is SMS alerts. Every credit or debit transaction from your account is confirmed to you through an SMS sent on your registered mobile number. It serves as a best measure to detect any sort of unauthorised entry to your account.
Some of the active features of this facility include:
The customer would automatically be offered alerts on his/her registered mobile number associated with all transactions made using Card/s, Mobile Banking or Internet Banking.
For different transactions, (such as cheque, branch, system, etc.), you would be offered SMS alerts connected to a transaction valued above Rs. 5,000. Furthermore, for a savings account managed by two or more holders, the alerts would be delivered to all the account holders who have mentioned their mobile numbers.
Bill payments due: In case you have also registered for bill payments, then you would be supplied with an alert directly on your mobile phone notifying that a particular bill is awaiting to be settled.
- Non- Transactional Service Request via SMS
A customer can check his/her balance, analyse last three transactions, check the status of the cheques and even track the Demat account balances. For all of these actions, you only have to send an SMS mentioning the specified keyword on the SMS Banking number: 5676782* or +91 9717000002.
Through this option you can request for the below-mentioned information:
- Last three Transactions
- Account Balance
- Locate the closest ATM
- Cheque Book Request
- Customer ID
- Security: Information about debit and credit action beyond a certain value is informed immediately to the customer. Therefore, stay aware of account transactions happening anywhere across the globe.
- Time Saving: No need to stand in queues for checking your account status.
- Updates: Receive automatic updates connected to bill payments as well as scheduled payments directly on your mobile phone.
- Accessibility: Access this facility from anywhere in the world.
- Transactional Service Request via SMS
You can now enjoy the comfort of recharging your DTH, mobile as well as Data card by simply sending an SMS on the number 9717000002 or 5676782.
Fund Transfer Modes by Axis Bank Mobile Banking
At present, there are various modes to transfer funds using Axis Bank mobile banking service. These are:
NEFT: National Electronic Fund Transfer or NEFT system is accessible to all Axis Bank account holders. This particular mode of electronic fund transfer functions on the DNS basis managed at specific times during the day. Under this system, the transactions are processed between banks via payment instructions.
RTGS: Real Time Gross Settlement, popular called RTGS is a special system where funds can be transferred in real-time basis. It is also regarded as a gross settlement since the funds are processed discretely as per requested instructions. At present, RTGS is seen as the fastest medium for interbank fund transfer in the nation.
IMPS: Immediate Payment Service is a famous electronic money transfer scheme. It is used for handling interbank transactions. You can avail this service using your Axis Bank mobile banking app. Moreover, this service is also accessible via ATM, internet banking etc. Axis Bank offers IMPS facility to those customers who are already registered for handling online Axis Bank services.
Axis Bank Mobile Banking Advantages
- The mobile banking service offered by Axis Bank gives you the benefit of controlling banking activities anytime using your smartphone.
- This service is available to all Axis Bank customers who have an operating savings or current bank account.
- This mobile banking service is completely free of charges.
- One need not register with a specific telecommunication provider for accessing mobile banking; this service is accessible across all providers.
- In the near future, there are plans that Axis Bank might add new services such as train tickets, movie tickets and even air tickets through the mobile banking service.
Security Dealings with Axis Bank Mobile Banking
There are certain security measures which should be taken into consideration when operating the mobile banking service handled by Axis Bank:
- If your phone is stolen, need not panic as your account is safe. This is because no information is saved either on your phone or SIM. Do not forget to call the customer service and report about the event. Also, ask them to deactivate your IPIN.
- Suppose you have entered a wrong IPIN several times; in this case, Axis Bank would block the pin.
Axis Bank Mobile Banking: Methods & Regulations
Below mentioned are the important methods and regulations associated with the use of Axis Bank mobile banking service:
- For customers, it is advisable that your mobile phone should be secured with the help of a unique password, which is only preserved by you.
- Try to select a strong password with a perfect combination of special characters and alphanumeric.
- Make sure to change your password on a timely basis; this is a preferred security method.
- If your phone is misplaced or stolen, do not forget to report the event to the bank.
- Make sure to enter the correct details while making transactions using mobile banking.
- Furthermore, try to keep all the confidential information private. Do not entertain websites that ask you to enter your credentials. Only feed this data on the bank’s official app.
- Avoid sharing banking information on your mobile phone.
- If you have changed your mobile number, directly pass on this information to the bank for making necessary changes.
How to download Axis Bank mobile banking app?
Axis Mobile (mobile banking app) can be easily downloaded from Google Play Store linked to Android devices. For Apple, Windows and Nokia devices, their respective App stores can be referred. You can even send an SMS typing “MBANK” on the number 5676782 for receiving the download link.
How to unsubscribe Mobile Banking service?
You can unsubscribe this service by visiting the closest Axis Bank branch or ATM.
Can an unknown person use my mobile banking app?
It is important to note that, Axis Mobile app is user specific. One needs to provide a 6-digit MPIN code which is recognised by the system, as well as the bank for processing transactions through the application.
Would the beneficiaries added onto the older application be visible on the updated application?
You will need to add the beneficiaries once again since the new application won’t be able to pick the concerned information from your managed account without your offering.