Internet banking and mobile banking have completely changed the lives of people. Earlier, you had to plan your day and take a leave from your work just to complete the different banking tasks. Since mobile and internet banking have modernised the banking system in the country, you can do various bank-related activities without paying a visit to your bank.
Mobile banking has seen significant growth all over the country. Due to its popularity and high demand, banks are now being forced to employ innovative and better ways to make their services better. In India, ICICI Bank was the first one to introduce mobile banking to its users. Gradually, all the leading public and private banks such as State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, and many others moved to this amazing technology to simplify the banking processes for their customers.
Leading Mobile Banking Service Providers in India:
Almost every bank in the country is trying to integrate best features in their mobile banking applications. Some of them are really incredible in terms of features and user interface. Here are some of the best and leading mobile banking applications in India provided by both public and private sector banks.
- ICICI iMobile: It is the most comprehensive and safe Mobile Banking application at present. The app offers more than 150 banking services to its customers. For hassle-free and smooth accessibility, this app is available platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry. Bill payment reminders, insta-banking, iDirect, iTrack, tax payment, and purchasing life insurance policy are some of the unique features of this app.
- SBI Freedom: India’s largest public sector bank, State Bank of India (SBI) has offered an amazing solution to its customers so that they can perform all the essential banking tasks with great ease. This anytime, anywhere banking solution is safe, secure, fast, and convenient. Transferring funds, bill payments, mobile and DTH recharge, cheque book request, and demat account enquiry can be done through the app. SBI mobile banking services are available for both Android and iPhone users.
- Axis Mobile: The mobile banking services of Axis Bank are making banking processes simple for everyone. This mobile banking app is equipped with 60+ amazing features for a smooth banking experience. Users of Axis Mobile can recharge their prepaid mobile number, pay various bills, and perform multiple banking operations with this app. Axis Mobile is available for Android, iOS, and Windows phone users.
Even other prominent banks such as Bank of Baroda and HDFC Bank offer convenient mobile banking and internet banking services. If you are an existing Bank Of Baroda customer, then an overview of mobile banking services offered Bank of Baroda, is given here.
Bank of Baroda: An Overview
Bank of Baroda (BOB) was founded in 1908 by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad and today this bank is India’s second largest public sector bank after SBI. It is an Indian state-owned company that provides banking and financial services across the country. The headquarters of BOB is situated in Vadodara, Gujarat. The bank has approximately 5,300 branches globally and more than 8,000 ATMs. Their punchline, India’s International Bank, also refers to their global reach. Its reach and popularity are some of the reasons that the bank has consistently been a top profit-making nationalised bank.
Different Mobile Banking Apps Offered by Bank of Baroda:
Bank of Baroda and its services are distinct in many ways. The internet banking service is one of the most attractive features that a BOB customer can get. When it comes to mobile banking, the bank has a lot to offer to its customers. The mobile apps are designed to cater to different needs of customers and each application serves a unique purpose in its own way.
Here is a list of mobile banking applications by BOB for its customers for an unforgettable banking experience.
- Baroda M-Connect Plus: This is the most popular and useful BOB mobile banking application. The bank has recently made some changes and added some new and powerful features along with new user interface to this app. Now, customers can access the mobile banking app in their preferred languages including Hindi and Gujarati. Other banking activities such as fund transfer, bill payments, cheque book request, and graphical view of mini-statement are available with this app. This mobile banking app provides a 360-degree view of a customer’s bank account.
- BHIM Baroda Pay: This is a Unified Payments Interface (UPI) app that enables you to transfer funds from any bank account by using a Virtual Payments Address (VPA). Download this app and say goodbye to all those long and hard-to-remember account details, mobile number, IFSC code, and MMIDs. You can receive or send money with BOB UPI in a few seconds. BHIM Baroda Pay app is safe, fast, and also available round the clock. In addition, you can use this single app to maintain multiple bank accounts.
- Baroda mPassbook: This is a mobile version of the normal passbook. mPassbook functions similarly to your physical passbook as it provides all the essential details of a bank account. The only difference is that it’s virtual. By using this app, a customer can download the mini-statement, locate the nearest ATM, track and control the expenses, and add the special tags or remarks to a specific transaction. mPassbook allows you to track and manage your expenses for making your monthly budget or filing your income tax return. The best thing about Baroda mPassbook is that one can use this app in his/her preferred language.
- Baroda M-Clip: Be it shopping bills or mobile recharges, everything is possible with this amazing app. This Bank of Baroda mobile banking app is the finest and one of a kind payment solution provided by the bank to its customers. This app offers payment facility to meet various requirements. You can also send money person-to-person (P2P). In simple words, this app works as a virtual wallet or e-wallet.
SMS Banking – An Outstanding Product by BOB:
Just like their mobile banking apps, this BOB product is also a big hit in the market. You can check all the details of your bank account with this service. The customers are required to send an SMS to 8422009988 along with specific codes provided by the bank to check the details. Here is a list of specific codes along with their unique functions.
|Function||SMS Text and Code|
|Balance Enquiry||BAL <space> Last 4 digit of your account number|
|Mini Statement||MINI <space> Last 4 digit of your account number|
|Status of the Cheque||CHEQ <space> Last 4 digit of your account number <space> Cheque Number|
|Deactivating SMS alert service||DEACT <space> Last 4 digit of your account number|
|Activating SMS alert service||ACT <space> Last 4 digit of your account number|
|Registration of preferred account number (If you have more than one account linked to the similar number)||REG <space> Last 4 digit of your account number|
Missed Call Banking – A Handy Way to Get Account Details:
To give a hassle-free banking experience to the customers by leveraging the latest technology, BOB also introduced the missed call banking service for balance enquiry and mini statement. Customers who have their mobile numbers registered specifically for the facility are eligible for the service. The bank has two different numbers for basic services such as balance enquiry and mini statement.
For balance enquiry, they can give a missed call to 8468001111 while the number for requesting a mini statement is 8468001122. The calls on these numbers will be disconnected automatically after 1-2 rings. After that, customers will receive an SMS with their requested details.
Salient Features of Missed Call Banking:
When you are unable to access your account through mobile banking, missed call banking is the only way to go. Here are the notable features of missed call banking.
- This service is free of cost.
- Missed call banking can be availed round the clock.
- Customers having a saving bank account (SB), current account (CA), cash credit account (CC), and overdraft account (OD) can avail this facility.
- Missed call banking service can be used a limited number of times per day. The account balance can be checked 5 times whereas the mini-statement can be requested 1 time in one day.
Process to Activate Bank of Baroda Mobile Banking Service:
Activation of mobile banking services is quite simple. Customers can choose from various available ways for the activation process. You can directly contact your home branch regarding this or activate the services by following the process mentioned below.
- Download your desired BOB mobile banking app from the respective app stores such as Google Play or App Store.
- Once the app is downloaded successfully, enter your registered mobile number to receive the One Time Password (OTP).
- Enter the received OTP and proceed further.
- Create your own 4-digit login password and confirm it.
- Your last step should be to use the received mPIN and set new mPIN to activate the mobile banking services successfully.
Things You Should Always Keep in Mind While Using Mobile Banking:
Customers can find the download and activation of BOB mobile banking app fairly easy but maintaining the privacy and protecting your confidential information should be your major concern. Even though you do not need any special equipment for that, a little alertness on your part can protect you from potential fraud or theft.
Here are some useful tips that you should always keep in your mind while using your mobile banking app.
- Always keep your password unique. Do not set your birth date, anniversary date, car number or even mobile number as your password. These numbers are easy to crack.
- Change your password at random intervals. By doing this, you can prevent yourself from any potential threat.
- Never ever use banking apps on the public Wi-Fi or unknown network. Such networks possess higher probability of malware attacks and hacking. Always choose a secure network to use your mobile banking app. Using your personal mobile data or own Wi-Fi is always a better option.
- No matter how close your partner or friend is, never share your banking credentials with anyone. Sharing your bank account or mobile banking credentials even with your family is dangerous as they can also lose this information by mistake.
- While selling your mobile phone, remove all the bank messages from your phone. Log out from your mobile banking apps and uninstall such applications from your phone for additional safety.
- In case, you forget your password or MPIN, immediately contact the concerned department of the bank to resolve your issue. Do not try to put wrong credentials multiple times. Most apps come with security features that block the app if you enter wrong passwords or PINs multiple times.