Bank of India (BOI) offers various banking facilities and services to its customers such as savings account, personal loans, home loans and various other products. To keep accountholders updated with their finances, BOI provides various facilities to check the balance in their account. From account opening to making payments, BOI allows its users to enjoy banking services using its netbanking, mobile banking and SMS services. Let us learn about the Bank of India balance check number to check account balance and other ways for BOI balance enquiry using mobile, netbanking and SMS.
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
Bank of India Account Balance Check
For banking transactions such as balance check, funds transfer, bill payment, etc., Bank of India customers have multiple options to choose from. Here are a few different ways in which customers can perform an account balance check for Bank of India:
How to Check BOI Account Balance through Passbook
Customers who keep their bank account passbooks updated can see their Bank of India (BOI) passbook to check their account balance. Since the passbook keeps a record of both the debit and credit transactions, an account holder can see his complete account statement right from the day of account opening using a passbook. For each passbook update, the customer needs to visit the bank branch. This method of balance enquiry has fallen out of favour since the internet-savvy customers now want to check their account balance using more convenient options.
Bank of India Account Balance Check at ATM
Bank of India balance check can also be performed by visiting a Bank of India ATM. It is a fairly simple process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Swipe the ATM card in the machine
- Use the 4-digit ATM PIN
- Choose the “Balance Enquiry” option
- Complete the transaction
To check their last few transactions in the account, they can carry out the same steps and use the mini-statement option. The ATM will print a receipt containing the details of the last 10 account transactions.
BOI account holders can also visit non-BOI ATMs or third-party ATM services to check their account balance. Since the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has limited the number of free transactions per ATM card, use this service wisely if you do not want to pay the transaction charges. If you choose this option from a non-BOI ATM, the charges might be higher.
How to check Bank of India Account Balance Online
Given below are some ways following which you can check your bank account balance online-
Check Bank of India Account Balance via Net Banking
Accountholders of Bank of India savings accounts who have registered for net banking can use their net banking login id and password to log into the BOI website. Net banking and mobile banking credentials are the same. The bank’s website offers a range of banking facilities to its customers including Bank of India account balance check, account statement, funds transfer, etc.
Check Balance of Bank of India via mPassbook
BOI provides its electronic passbook which can be used for generating your account statements. It allows the account holders to download the statement in PDF format on mobile. One can also send the account statement in the form of an email to the registered email-id. However, one needs to register for BOI netbanking or mobile banking to avail this facility.
Bank of India Account Balance Enquiry via Mobile Banking
BOI offers StarConnect mobile banking app to both its domestic as well as international customers.
- Customers can use their mobile phones to receive account balance via SMS
- The three main BOI apps are BOI BTM, BOI StarToken, and BOI StarGlobal
- One of the reasons why customers must check their account balance online is because it is convenient and free of cost
- The ATM transactions are chargeable after a certain limit and it is better to use those transactions to carry out the cash withdrawal
Get Free Credit Report with monthly updates. Check Now
How to Check Bank of India Account Balance on Mobile
Here are the ways in which BOI account holders can check their account balance using their mobile phones:
Check Balance of Bank of India via SMS
Bank of India gives customers an option to check their savings account balance via SMS. The customers need to avail the Star Connect Mobile Banking on SMS facility to get their account balance via SMS. Here are the steps they need to follow:
- Visit the Bank of India website
- Click on the mobile banking link
- Choose the Star Connect Mobile Banking Link
- Log in using the net banking/mobile banking credentials
- Enter the registered mobile number
- Click on “Set/Change SMS Password”
- Set/Change the 4-digit SMS password
After setting the password you can use the facilities listed below:
Send the SMS
- SMS to +919810558585 in the format “BAL XXXX” where XXXX is the 4-digit SMS password. The customer will receive the account balance of the primary account
- For non-primary accounts, SMS “BAL XXXX <Account Number>” to +919810558585 where XXXX is the 4-digit SMS password
- For the mini statement of the primary account, SMS “TRANS XXXX” >” to +919810558585. The customer will receive details of the last 5 transactions carried out from the primary account
- For other accounts, SMS “TRANS XXXX <Account Number>” to +919810558585
|Primary Account||Balance Enquiry||BAL XXXX|
|Mini Statement||TRANS XXXX|
|Other Account||Balance Enquiry||BAL XXXX <Account Number>|
|Mini Statement||TRANS XXXX <Account Number>|
*XXXX is the 4-digit SMS Password set through the Star Connect Mobile banking Link.
Check Balance of Bank of India via BOI BTM
The bank offers mobile banking facility to its customers through an amazing mobile app, BOI BTM.
- Customers can download this app on their android, iOS, and start using it to avail the mobile banking facilities
- After logging in using their mobile banking credentials, the customers can avail plenty of banking services such as balance enquiry, account statement check, funds transfer, etc.
- Bank of India customers that hold accounts in overseas branches can use the BOI StarGlobal App for account balance check, money transfer, etc.
Check Balance of Bank of India via BOI StarToken
Bank of India account holders can also download the android app BOI StarToken to carry out banking transactions.
- They can do funds transfer, mobile recharge, balance enquiry, check last 5 transactions, get a mini account statement, etc.
- Facilities such as NEFT, IMPS, etc. are also available through the BOI StarToken app
How to Check Bank of India Account Balance via UPI
- Go to any UPI app on your smartphone
- Login through the set code
- Tap on the account you want to check the balance of
- Tap on check balance
- Enter your UPI PIN
- Once you enter the UPI PIN, you will be shown balance on your screen
Also Read: UPI – Unified Payment Interface
Bank of India WhatsApp Banking
Services Offered by Bank of India WhatsApp Banking
- Balance enquiry
- Make credit card bill payment
- Block debit/credit card
- Locate your nearest branch
- Avail account statement
Customers of Bank of India can avail more services through WhatsApp banking.
What is the best method for Bank of India balance enquiry online?
To check my balance online in Bank of India, I have been using BOI Mobile app. I find it extremely easy to check my balance in the app whenever I am on-the-go. I use the app to avail other banking services as well. Recently, I used the app to transfer funds and much more. I would highly recommend using this service.
What is the best method for Bank of India balance check offline?
To know my balance online in Bank of India, I use missed call service provided by the bank. I simply give a missed call on 9266135135 from my registered mobile number and receive my account balance instantly.
-Ruchi Gulia, Bank of India customer for past 1 year
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I check my last 5 transactions in BOI?
You can use Star Mobile application to view your last 5 transactions in Bank of India account. Open the application, click on view balance, select your account and enter the password to proceed. Also, you can view your transaction by sending TRANS <SMS Password><Account Number> to +919810558585.
Q. What is Bank of India balance enquiry number?
Customers of Bank of India can give a missed call at 9266135135 from their registered mobile number to know their account balance.
Q. How can I check my BOI account balance through phone?
You can check your account balance via Mobile by sending an SMS- BAL<4-digit SMS password> and send it to +919810558585.
Q. How to get Bank of India mini statement by missed call and SMS?
To get BOI mini statement by missed call, you can dial 09015135135/09266135135 or you can type ‘TRANS<4-digit SMS password’ and send it to +919810558585 from your registered mobile number.
Q. What are the charges of BOI SMS service?
BOI SMS service is absolutely free of cost for the customers.
Q. How can I change my mobile number for Bank of India SMS service?
To register or change your mobile number with the bank, you will have to fill a form at your branch and deposit to the concerned officer. This service uses the mobile number which is associated with your bank account. So, if you wish to make respective changes, the same will be applied to your bank account as well.