Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking is one of the benefits that customers can avail to easily check account balance, transfer funds and manage bills with the help of this comfortable modern-day banking service. In order to avail this facility, it is required that your mobile number should be registered with the concerned bank account managed with Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Let us read in detail about Kotak Mahindra mobile banking in this article.
What are the Services provided under Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking?
Following are the services offered by Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking:
- Check balance of savings & current accounts
- View past transactions
- Account overview
- Request for account statement
- Open Term Deposit
- Open Recurring Deposit
- View Term & Recurring Deposits
- Positive pay
- Term Deposit Calculator
- View Term Deposit Rates
- Premature Withdrawal of FD/RD
- View MMID
- Modify MMID
What are the Types of Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking Apps?
|Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking App||Features|
|Kotak Corporate Banking|
|Kotak Smart Solutions|
What are the Salient Features of Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking?
Following are the salient features offered by Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking:
My Kotak: Under the My Kotak option, you are permitted to hand-pick widgets in order to personalize the home page focusing on the details you wish to see. You are also allowed to turn off your respective MPIN and check specific information without actually opening the app.
mStore: With the help of Kotak Mahindra ‘mStore’ facility, you can book flight tickets in a few steps. It doesn’t matter if you desire to book an international flight ticket or carry out hotel reservations; using the mStore facility present on Kotak Mahindra mobile app, you can access these activities anytime. Moreover, booking bus tickets, shopping online or subscribing to magazines, all of these is possible using this one single mobile banking option.
Hashtag Banking: In order to check your transaction history, account balance, appeal for a cheque book, manage DTH account recharge, etc., you can take the help of Hashtag Banking. In order to operate this service, the customer is required to register for Hashtag Banking. The process is quite unique and requires you to follow the bank’s official Twitter account and further tweet on the bank’s Twitter account with the use of a hashtag. Analyzing this action, Kotak Mahindra would revert with the information immediately on the customer’s private twitter account.
Money Watch: Money Watch option presented by Kotak is an expense management tool which permits the individual to check month on month expenses charts, view all transactions, set budget, and track expenses.
SMS Banking: In case you don’t have a smartphone, you can use the bank’s facility of SMS Banking. There is no need to browse through the bank’s website in search of information. Now, you can simply send an SMS to receive that information without much delay.
Instant Balance Facility: Receiving information from the bank can now be accessed via phone call. The bank offers 24X7 customer care facility which includes the delivery of account concerning information via phone. You can dial the bank’s toll-free contact for availing instant balance facilities.
What are the Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking?
Following are the benefits of Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking :
- Convenient: Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking is a convenient source which saves a lot of time. Customers need not visit the bank for queries since everything can be managed using your mobile phone device.
- 24×7 Availability: This service informs the customers about their respective accounts on a 24×7 basis
- No Charges: This mobile banking option doesn’t charge anything. You can count on it as an economical facility that tracks your bank account
- Fund Transfer: One of the useful aspects of this service is the facility to transfer funds instantly
- Safe and Secure: Kotak Mobile Banking stays protected since it involves encrypted technology for managing transactions. It is important to mark that no information is saved on the customer’s SIM card or phone
- Others Benefits: With mobile banking, you receive alerts related to pending bills
How to Register for Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking
Follow the steps mentioned below to activate Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking services:
Step 1: You need to download Kotak Mahindra’s official mobile banking app from the app store
Step 2: You have to launch the app and enter Customer Relation Number (CRN)
Step 3: Once you have entered the CRN, you can either use your debit/credit card numbers or your net banking credentials to authenticate your account
Step 4: Now, you need to set a 6-digit MPIN
Step 5: Once the MPIN is set, you will get a verification code on your registered mobile number
Step 6: You need to enter the code to activate the mobile banking services
Note: To register for Kotak Mahindra’s mobile banking services, it is important to register your mobile number with the bank.
How to Login to Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking App
Follow the steps mentioned below to login to Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking App:
Step 1: You need to download the mobile banking app from the app store
Step 2: You have to launch the app and then click on the ‘Login’ button
Step 3: A new page will appear on the screen where you have to enter the CRN
Step 4: In case you are a first-time user, you will have to go through the authentication process by entering debit/credit card details or net banking credentials
Step 5: If you have already registered with the mobile banking services, you can login with your user ID and MPIN
Fund Transfer Facility with Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking
Following are the fund transfer facilities with Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking:
- NEFT – It is an electronic payment system that was launched in India to improve the banking experience. NEFT permits customers to transfer funds in a digital format in very less time. In order to process a Kotak NEFT transfer, it is required to download the Kotak Mahindra mobile banking app on your smartphone. The next step involves registering yourself using login credentials of net banking. You will have to feed in the details of your desired beneficiaries. Some of the necessary details related to adding a beneficiary include beneficiary’s name, account number, phone number, bank branch and IFSC code. After this step, the bank would take around thirty minutes to confirm the addition.
- RTGS: It is a preferred fund transferring method. The mobile banking facility allows access to this service using which you can transfer a minimum amount of Rs. 2 lakh. Adding a beneficiary is a must before the fund transfer action is processed.
- IMPS- IMPS service offered by Kotak Mahindra allows you to immediately send money to a beneficiary in a swift manner 24×7. Kotak Mahindra mobile banking app is the one-stop platform that offers all these fund transfer options.
Kotak Mahindra WhatsApp Banking
Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched its WhatsApp Banking service to help its accountholders receive updates or avail services through WhatsApp messaging. You need to add ‘022 6600 6022’ to your contact list and send ‘help’ as a message to ‘022 6600 6022’ to know the list of services available.
Below mentioned are the services available on WhatsApp Banking of Kotak Mahindra Bank
- 811 freeze account assistance
- Complete full KYC
- Add funds using App
- Add funds using UPI
- Check account balance
- Avail last 10 account transactions
- Check issues cheque status
- Request for a new cheque book
- Upgrade your savings account
- Check credit card application status
- Check amount due on your credit card
- Check available credit balance
- Check credit card transaction history
- Credit card limit enquiry
- Upgrade your credit card
- Pay your Kotak card bill
- Apply for a new credit card
- Generate your debit/credit card PIN
- Activate/Deactivate your card
- Repost a lost debit/credit card
- Apply for a new debit card
- Apply image debit card
- You can set international usage
- Know about credit card offers
- Instant loan offers
- Pre-approved offers
Home /Consumer Durable Loan
- Loan information
- Apply for new loan
- Avail loan statement
- Know about loan repayment schedule
- Download tax certificate
- Loan branch details
- You can track deliverables
- Apply for FASTag
- Recharge Mobile/DTH
Note: Fund Transfer service is not available in WhatsApp Banking
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.Where can I find my Customer Relation Number?
It is available on the bottom left corner of your credit/debit card. You can also know your CRN by sending a SMS ‘CRN’ to 9971056767 from your registered mobile number.
Q.Can I change my 6-digit Kotak Mahindra MPIN through mobile banking?
Yes, you can change your 6-digit Kotak Mahindra MPIN through mobile banking by launching the Kotak Mahindra mobile banking app and clicking on the ‘Forgot MPIN’ option. You will be required to authenticate your account by providing your debit card details/ net banking credentials and then you can set your new MPIN.
Q.Does Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking App provides a fund transfer facility?
Yes, Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking App provides the facility of transferring funds such as NEFT, RTGS and IMPS.
Q.Is it mandatory to have a debit card in order to register for Kotak Mahindra Bank mobile banking?
You need a debit card for successful activation of the Kotak Mahindra Mobile Banking app. It is suggested not to activate the app if the debit card is blocked or deactivated as it could lead to unwanted complications and delays.