Unified Payment Interface is a system of payment which enables you to transfer money from one bank account to another. This platform was launched by NCPCI and is supervised by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). UPI assists in facilitating instant inter-account funds transfer through a mobile application. It uses a “single interface” and “single identifier” method to transfer money via smartphones. This “single identifier” could be anything from your Aadhaar number to your email ID or your phone number. The use of single identifier removes the need to constantly feed in your bank details each time you need to access your account via UPI platform. Your identifier works as your ID.
BHIM Maha UPI Application by Bank of Maharashtra
The Bank of Maharashtra is among one of the oldest nationalised banks in the country. With almost all banks going the UPI way and adapting to the new age digitised banking system, Bank of Maharashtra has also joined the wagon with Bank of Maharashtra UPI. Now all those people who have an account in the Bank of Maharashtra need not bother with any other e-wallet. They can now simply download the Bank of Maharashtra UPI and continue to make all their monetary transactions via their smartphones.
How to Use the Bank of Maharashtra UPI App
- Firstly, download the application on your mobile device. You can download it either from Google Play Store or App Store, depending on your mobile device’s operating system.
- Next, open the application and choose the option “Send SMS” in order to send a message to the operator. They will, in turn, send you an access code for your mobile number validation on your registered mobile number.
- Next step is to feed in this access code into the application which will enable the user to set their password.
- Once you are on the registration window, enter your first and last name, your email ID and chose from the options of security questions to answer. Be careful with the question and make sure only you know the answer to the said question. This is relevant in case you ever forget your password. You can recover it by answering this question.
- Once this is done, you need to set application password. For this you must type in four digit in the empty blocks provided on the screen.
- Once the login is successful, you can view the dashboard. This is where all the key icons for transaction are kept. Some of the options that you can view on your dashboard are as follows:
- Send Money
- Request Money
- Payment Address
- Transaction History
- Side Drawer/Navigation Menu
Once you have successfully made an account, you need to set payment address so that you can start making and receiving payments. In order for this to happen you need to add the addresses which have their accounts mapped to the respective payment address.
How To Map Accounts in BHIM Maha UPI App
Mapping Bank account basically means that the UPI address which will act as your single identifier must be linked to your actual bank account. Without that, you will not be able to make any transactions.
Follow these steps for mapping the bank account:
- Select a bank from the list of UPI enabled banks. If the user selects Bank of Maharashtra then the screen will display the accounts of the bank. You can select the account you wish to map. Enter the one-time password which will be read automatically and the bank account will be mapped for any future transactions.
- If the user does not has an account with the Bank of Maharashtra, then once he selects the name of the bank, all the savings accounts of other banks, which may be linked to the user’s registered mobile number will be displayed. For instance if a person is using the Bank of Maharashtra UPI and also has an account in HDFC, in that case when he enters HDFC in the mapping stage, the account of HDFC which is linked to his mobile number using BoM app will be displayed on the screen. Once the user clicks on the account an OTP is sent which once fed, will link this account to Bank of Maharashtra UPI app too and the user can make transactions from this account as well. In this manner, a user can link multiple accounts to their Bank of Maharashtra UPI and enable online transactions through mobile application.