The Government of India provides subsidies under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) schemes for all government welfare schemes in bank accounts of the beneficiaries. In order to avail these subsidies, the beneficiary is required to link his Aadhaar with the welfare scheme to receive funds in the bank account.
A beneficiary can link his bank account with Aadhaar online, through mobile banking, SMS, phone banking, ATM or by visiting the bank. If no bank account is linked with Aadhaar, there will be issues while transferring the subsidy under DBT in the beneficiary’s account. You can check whether you have a bank account linked with Aadhaar by visiting UIDAI’s website.
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
How to Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status Online
You can check whether any of your bank accounts are linked with Aadhaar or not. You can also find out the bank account that is linked with Aadhaar. Follow these simple steps to check bank account and Aadhaar linking status:
- Step 1: Visit UIDAI’s website (https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/avail-aadhaar-services.html) and click on “Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status”
- Step 2: You will be redirected to the bank mapper page where you have to enter UID/VID, security code and click on “Send OTP”
- Step 3: An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with UIDAI. Enter the OTP in the space provided and click on “Login”
- Step 4: The bank account linked with Aadhaar will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: However, if you have multiple bank accounts in the same bank, you will have to visit the bank to confirm the linked bank account number.
How to Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status Through Mobile
You can also check the Aadhaar and bank account linking status through the USSD code from mobile number. This facility can be availed only when your mobile number is registered with your Aadhaar in UIDAI’s database. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Dial *99*99*1# with your mobile number registered with UIDAI
- Now enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number
- Re-enter the Aadhaar number and click on “Send”
If your bank account is linked with Aadhaar, the status will be displayed. If no result is displayed, there may be a case that your bank account is not linked with Aadhaar.
It is worth mentioning that your bank account need not be linked with Aadhaar if you do not intend to receive government welfare benefits in that account. As per the ruling of the Supreme Court regarding Aadhaar linking with various instruments, it is not mandatory to link your bank account and mobile number with Aadhaar.