Employee Provident Fund is one of the largest investment schemes in India with more than 4.5 crore subscribers. It is quite obvious that a lot of subscribers have grievances/complaints with the scheme. Consequently, Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has customised EPFiGMS to receive, address and redress the customer complaints.
What is EPFiGMS?
EPF i Grievance Management System (EPFiGMS) is a customised grievances/complaints management portal for all the EPF official members, pensioners and employers. The objective of this online portal is to address grievances for the services provided by EPFO and give suitable solutions/suggestions.
Complaints can be registered by the following persons using their UAN:
- PF Members
- EPF Pensioners
As soon as a subscriber registers his/her complaint, a unique registration number is generated which further helps to view status of the redressal.
Functions of EPFiGMS
The grievance management system is upgraded over a period of time to update the current version and remove glitches in the process in order to make it more efficient for the users. Some of the key functions performed by the EPFiGMS are:
- The primary function is to offer a consolidated platform for the subscribers of EPF where they can register and seek redressal for their complaints.
- When the customers register their complaints on the portal, EPFiGMS collects all the grievances regarding different services offered by EPFO.
- After collection, the grievances are categorised comprehensively in order to make the process easy and identify the grievance prone areas.
- The complaints are forwarded to the concerned departments for further processing.
- It evaluates and determines the efficiency of the process/machinery involved in redressal of the grievances.
- Allows the subscribers to give their feedback of the management system and redressal process in order to foresee the areas of dissatisfaction, identify whether the organisations are maintaining transparency for consumers’ benefit.
- It allows the consumers to check their redressal status from the ‘View Status’ section using the respective UAN and complaint registration number.
- Proper guidelines for the policies are drawn keeping in mind all the services provided by EPFO to ensure that a consumer centric process is enabled.
Nature of Grievances/Complaints received
There are a lot of areas of dissatisfaction about which the complaints are raised. However, it is recorded that most of the complaints filed are related to:
- Settlements of EPF/Pension/Insurance claims
- Transfer of PF accounts
- Failure or delay in enrollment of employees
- Trouble in Old PF accounts
- Issues related to UAN
Subjects which cannot be treated as grievance
There are some topics or sections of complaints which cannot be treated as grievance under the EPF i grievance management system:
- RTI Matters
- Court related or matters which are under judicial consideration thereby, forbidden from public discussion.
- Topics and matters associated with religion.
- Grievances against foreign government.
- EPFiGMS is not for registering suggestions. Only complaints are supposed to be submitted under this portal.
- Grievances registered by government employees related to their service including disciplinary proceedings etc. unless the aggrieved employee has already exhausted the prescribed channels keeping in view the DoPT OM No. 11013/08/2013-Estt.(A-III) dated 31.08.2015
How to register grievances under EPFiGMS?
You can register your complaints/grievances by logging in to the EPF Grievance Management System portal. However, it is to be noted that it is mandatory to have a UAN if you want to submit your complaint. Here is a step by step guide to register grievances under EPFiGMS:
- Go to EPFiGMS Official website
- From the main Menu Bar, click on ‘Register Grievance’
- Now, on the redirected page, you can select the appropriate status- PF member, EPS Pensioner, Employer or Others. This will help you with speedy resolution of the grievance. Note: If you have a UAN, you must select from PF Member/EPS Pensioner/Employer. If you do not have a UAN, select Others.
- On the next landing page:
- If you are a PF Member, you must enter your UAN and Click on ‘Get Details’
- If you are an EPS Pensioner, you must enter your PPO Number and Click on ‘Get Details’
- If you are an employer, you must enter your Establishment Number and Click on ‘Get Details’
- If you have selected ‘Others’, you will have to fill the entire form on this page and Click to ‘Submit’
- After you have clicked on ‘Submit’, click on ‘Get OTP’ on the next landing page
- Now, enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’
- Finally, you can lodge/file your complaint and proceed to submit.
How to view grievance redressal status under EPFiGMS Portal?
To know/check the status of redressal for your grievance, follow the given instructions:
- Go to EPFiGMS website
- Click on the View Status tab on main menu
- Enter your registration number and grievance password
- Now, enter the security code
- Proceed to ‘Submit’
How to send a reminder regarding delayed complaints?
If there is any delay in your complaint redressal, you can send reminder to EPFiGMS:
- Go to the official website
- Select ‘Send Reminder’ from the Menu Bar
- Enter unique registration number and grievance password
- Give proper reminder description
- Type the security code to verify
- Click to ‘Submit’
Q.1: How many times can I check my EPFiGMS complaint status?
Ans: You can check the status of your complaint as many times as you want to. There is no predefined limit to check the status of EPF complaint.
Q.2: How to sign up on the PF grievance website?
Ans: You can visit the official website of EPF i Grievance Management System and file your complaint using UAN (for PF members), PPO (For Pensioners) and Organisation Establishment number (Employers).
Q.3: How is grievance redressal monitored?
Ans: EPFO works under a consumer centric process where special attention is given to subscriber’s grievances and complaints. The entire mechanism from how a complaint is registered under EPFiGMS to how efficiently the organisation/department/agency is responding to complaints, is carefully evaluated at equal intervals. Monitoring of grievances and their redressals is catered on a regular basis and pending issues are escalated to higher levels depending upon the urgency.
Q.4: Can I submit my complaint through social media?
Ans: Yes, EPF members/pensioners/employers can approach EPFO regarding any query/grievance/suggestion through the facebook or twitter handles.