Pension is the sole mode of income for most of the retired employees. Central and State Government employees also get a monthly pension after retirement. However, a beneficiary has to provide the life certificate every year in the month of November to continue receiving a pension in his pension account. It can be difficult at times for old or ailing pensioners to visit the bank to submit the life certificate every year. The government has come up with a solution to it and has introduced Digital Life Certificate or Jeevan Pramaan.
A high Credit Score may help you get a credit card with better benefits. Check Now
What is Jeevan Pramaan?
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric-enabled Digital Life Certificate for pensioners where they can generate and share it with Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDAs). The facility is available for retired employees of Central Government, State Government and other government institutions.
It is very difficult for senior citizens and other retired employees to visit the bank every year and submit a life certificate in person. The Government of India has made provision for such pensioners to generate the digital life certificate using Aadhaar-based biometric authentication by visiting the Jeevan Pramaan portal or downloading the Jeevan Pramaan app on their smartphones.
A person can avail the facilities of Jeevan Pramaan if he meets the following eligibility criteria:
- He/she should be a pensioner
- He/she should be a retired government employee (Central Government, State Government or other Government Institutions)
- He/she should have a valid Aadhaar number
- The Aadhaar number should be registered with the Pension Distributing Agency
How to Avail Jeevan Pramaan Facilities Online
Jeevan Pramaan facilities can be availed online through the Jeevan Pramaan website or the mobile application. The user has to download the application for Windows/Mac/Android and install it to his/her device. A biometric device has to be attached to the device (PC/smartphone/tablet) to avail Jeevan Pramaan services.
Follow the steps mentioned below to register for Jeevan Pramaan:
- Open the Jeevan Pramaan app in your device
- Select the option for new registration
- Enter the required details such as Aadhaar number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account, Bank name and your mobile number
- Click on send OTP to generate an OTP and send it to the mentioned mobile number
- Enter this OTP to proceed ahead
- Authenticate your details through biometric verification (fingerprint or iris scan) using Aadhaar
- Once you click on submit, your details will be validated by UIDAI and a Pramaan ID will be generated against your details after successful registration
- You can use this Pramaan ID to login to your Jeevan Pramaan account.
How to Generate Jeevan Pramaan Certificate/ID
Jeevan Pramaan can be generated online through the app. Follow these steps to generate Jeevan Pramaan online:
- Login to your Jeevan Pramaan app by entering your Pramaan ID and OTP
- Select the Generate Jeevan Pramaan option
- Enter the Aadhaar number and mobile number and click on Generate OTP
- An OTP is sent to the mobile number. Enter the OTP in the space provided
- Enter details such as –
- Pensioner Name
- PPO Number
- Type of pension
- Name of Sanctioning Authority
- Name of Disbursing Agency
- Name of Agency
- Email Id
- Select Remarried options
- Select Re-Employed Options
- Select the no objection option and scan your fingerprint/iris
- The biometric input is authenticated using the Aadhaar data
- The Jeevan Pramaan is displayed on the screen after successful authentication
- A confirmation message is sent to the pensioner’s mobile number containing the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID
Jeevan Pramaan Certificate Download
Once a Digital Life Certificate (DLC) is generated, it is stored in the Life Certificate Repository. A pensioner can download the Jeevan Pramaan certificate through the app or by visiting the website. The Pension Disbursing Agency (PDA) can download the Jeevan Pramaan from the Life Certificate Repository of a pensioner. Here’s how the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate can be downloaded by the PDA:
- A PDA has to login to the registered account at the Jeevan Pramaan website.
- Jeevan Pramaan of the pensioner can be downloaded by entering the Pramaan ID
- The PDA can view/download the Jeevan Pramaan only when it is shared by the pensioner
- If not registered, a PDA cannot access the Digital Life Certificate of the pensioner
Get Your Free Credit Report with Monthly Updates Check Now
How to Locate Jeevan Pramaan Centres
A pensioner can visit a Jeevan Pramaan Centre (JPC) to get the Digital Life Certificate as well. The option to search for JPC is available on the website. Here’s how you can locate a Jeevan Pramaan Centre:
- Visit the Jeevan Pramaan portal
- Click on “Locate a Centre”
- You can either search for a JPC using a “Location” or “Pincode”
The search results are displayed on the screen along with the support for Google maps
Benefits of Jeevan Pramaan
- Jeevan Pramaan makes it easy for pensioners to submit Digital Life Certificate
- The verification is done using the Aadhaar-biometric authentication which eliminates the chances of fraudulent activities
- SMS notification is sent to the pensioner on successful Jeevan Pramaan Certificate generation
- No DLC can be generated without the approval of the pensioner
- Once submitted, the pensioner gets his monthly pension disbursed in his pension account.