Founded in 1994, IndusInd Bank is one of the leading private sector banks in India which was established in post liberalisation era. The Bank is considered as a pioneer in economic reform in Indian banking sector. IndusInd bank offers several types of credit cards and those are considered among the best in the category. Credit cards are essential in today’s world wherein card holders can use them for various purposes like buying daily grocery items, and big purchases like gold, jewellery, airline tickets, hotel bookings, home appliances, etc. The IndusInd Bank Credit card bill payment could be performed through both online, as well as offline mode. Moreover, there are several other options to choose from, making it convenient for its customers.
In a world which is quickly shifting to the digital mode, online payment options are very convenient for many, especially the younger generation. The different online payment options are as follows:
Online Payment for IndusInd Bank Account Holders
- Net Banking – Savings Account and Current Account holders of IndusInd Bank can pay the credit card bill of this bank through net banking. Customers just have to register for net banking service via bank’s official website. IndusInd Bank credit card could be linked to the net banking account. ATM PIN is required for this linking. Through Net banking feature one can see the credit card statement, payment dues, as well as unbilled transactions. For bill payment, access the net banking, Select ‘Credit Card Payment Option’ under tab of credit card and then pay from your savings or current bank account.
- Mobile Bank App – Another online payment option for IndusInd bank customers is through IndusInd Bank Mobile banking application called ‘IndusCube’. Customers have to initially download the application in their mobile. After complete installation, they can log in to it using Customer ID. It is a highly secured app and customers can access the account for payment and other purposes from anywhere and anytime. The features of the application is similar to those in their portal for net-banking.
- Auto-payment – The customer can give the IndusInd bank a standing instruction for auto debit from their IndusInd bank account towards the payment of IndusInd credit card bills as and when the payments become due. Customers can set the instruction to pay the total outstanding amount or even the minimum payment due from the account. This avoids the chance of defaulting on IndusInd credit card payment. Customers have to download, fill and submit the Auto-debit form and mail it to the bank to activate this facility. In order to do so, their IndusInd bank account should be held either singly or jointly with signing mandate of ‘either’ or ‘any’ of the account holders.
Online Payment for Non-IndusInd Account Holders
It is not necessary for a customer of IndusInd bank credit card holder to have account in the same bank for credit card bill payment. If the credit card customer has account in any other bank and having net banking facility through that bank, then they can make payments towards IndusInd Bank credit card bills through net banking and there are many options in this category.
- Net Banking from Other Bank Account could be done in any of the following methods:
- NEFT – By using National Electronic Fund Transfer service, funds gets credited immediately or by the end of the same day, if transferred during working hours. If funds are transferred after working hours the amount is credited the next day.
- RTGS – Real Time Gross Settlement method is used for payment of up to 2 lacs rupees. Money could be transferred from any net banking account to IndusInd Credit card account
- Visa Money Transfer – Customer has to log in to their net banking account. Select ‘Visa Payment’ under ‘Third Party Fund Transfer’. Sender and receiving details are needed to provide and it is a secured way of fund transfer.
- Bill Desk – IndusInd bank’s credit card holders can also pay through the billdesk page that is secure mode of payment, as well as instant feature for money transactions. Even non-IndusInd bank account holders can pay the bills via billdesk. Customers have to provide details of their credit card along with the amount that needs to be paid and this will direct them to IndusInd bank’s net banking page for the payment of credit card bill. A transaction confirmation and transaction reference number will be sent after successful transaction.
- SWIFT pay – IndusInd Credit card holders can pay their outstanding bills from outside India through VisaSWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) service. From their local branches money could be transferred to IndusInd credit card account.
- PayTM – Using net banking or debit card, IndusInd Credit card bill could be paid using PayTM. Credit Card number and amount to be typed and proceed for payment.
- NACH Facility – To avail National Automated Clearing House Facility, NACH form has to be filled up and sent to IndusInd Bank through e-mail. Payment will be debited automatically from the specified account.
- ATM Payment – One has to select ‘Bill Payment for Credit Card’ option. Then select the account through which the payment will be made and add beneficiary credit card number and complete the transaction.
These are the traditional ways of banking.
- Payment by Cash – The card holder can visit to any branch of IndusInd bank and make the credit card bill payment by paying cash.
- Payment by Demand Draft or Cheque Payment – This is an alternative ways of paying credit card bills. Instead of cash, the customer can go to IndusInd bank and give the cheque or through demand draft for the payment of credit card bill. They can drop a cheque or demand draft in the drop box of any branch of IndusInd Bank as well. The credit card number and some other details should be mentioned on the cheque or the demand draft if those are dropped in the designated drop box.
With so many options available to pay the IndusInd Bank Credit card bills, it is very easy for the diverse customer base of the bank to avail the privilege of using their credit cards which comes with lot of benefits, rewards and cash back facilities. Customers have to remember that different modes of payments need different time to get credited to the credit card account. While some are instant fund transfer, others might take up to 3 days for clearance. So, keeping these into consideration in context to the due date, payment method has to be selected to avoid any penalty.