Co-branded credit cards are the ones that are launched in collaboration with well-known brands and offer extra benefits when users avail the products or services of the associated brands. It started as a rage in the US when banks started launching cards in association with airline brands and hotel chains; lifestyle and departmental stores soon followed the suit. Co-branded credit cards in India are mostly launched in association with airlines, lifestyle and fuel brands.
Best Co-branded Credit Cards in India
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Co-branded Benefit|
|Air India SBI Signature Card||₹ 4,999||Complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program-Flying Returns|
|IndianOil Citi® Platinum Credit Card||₹ 1,000||4 Turbo Points on ₹150 of fuel purchases at authorized IndianOil Retail Outlets across the country.|
|IRCTC SBI Platinum Card||₹ 500||Save 1.8% transaction charges on railway ticket bookings on IRCTC.|
|JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card||₹ 5,000||Get 5% discount* on all domestic air ticket and enjoy premier check-in for all domestic flights of Jet Airways.|
|Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit Card||₹ 3,000||Complimentary Club Vistara Silver Membership that gives priority check-in benefits and additional baggage allowance.|
|Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card||₹ 10,000||Enjoy differentiated check-in and Excess Baggage Waiver of 5kg on Jet Airways flights within India.|
|BPCL SBI Card||₹ 499||4.25% Valueback- 13X Reward Points on fuel purchases at BPCL petrol pumps.|
1- Air India SBI Signature Card
Launched in collaboration with Air India, this SBI Card is among the best co-branded credit cards in India. Some of its features include-
- 20,000 reward points on payment of joining fee.
- 4 reward points for every ₹ 100 spent on the card.
- Up to 30 reward points for ₹ 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through Air India Official Website or through mobile app.
- Complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program-Flying Returns.
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership that gives Luxury Lounge Access to over 600 airport lounges.
- Complimentary Visa Lounge Access Program in India at major domestic airports.
2- IndianOil Citi® Platinum Credit Card
Citi Bank offers this credit card in collaboration with fuel giant- Indian Oil. This credit card not only offers great fuel deals but also provides several other benefits to the users-
- Earn 4 Turbo Points for every ₹ 150 spent on fuel which is equal to 2.67% of the fuel purchased.
- Earn 2 Turbo Points on Rs.150 at grocery and supermarkets.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver across Indian Oil stations.
- Get up to 71 litres of free petrol per year by making use of the excellent rewards programme.
- Redeem your reward points directly at fuel stations (1 Turbo Point = ₹ 1 of fuel)
3- IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
This is the only credit card that is launched in association with IRCTC. Given below are a few key highlights of this co-branded credit card-
- Get 350 reward points as bonus when you spend ₹ 500 within 45 days of card activation.
- Save 1.8% transaction charges on railway ticket bookings on irctc.co.in.
- Earn up to 10% value back as reward points when you book AC1, AC2, AC3 and AC CC tickets through IRCTC.
- Earn 1 reward point for every ₹ 150 spent on retail transactions except fuel.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India on transactions worth ₹ 500 to ₹ 3,000, subject to a maximum waiver of ₹ 100 per statement cycle.
4- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card
This is one of the best co-branded credit cards in India, especially suited for frequent travellers. Let us look at the benefits of this credit card-
- Users will get welcome benefit of up to 30,000 Bonus JPMiles and 15 JetPrivilege Tier Points within the first 90 days of card activation.
- Get a complimentary Jet Airways base fare waived Ticket Code* for domestic travel on Jet Airways as joining benefit.
- Earn 8 JPMiles on every ₹ 150 spent across all categories and accelerate the reward earnings 3-times when you use your card to book flight tickets on Jet Airways official website.
- Enjoy unlimited complimentary golf games and green fee waiver at almost 20 golf courses in India and over 40 golf courses world over (handicap certificate mandatory).
- Enjoy Exclusive 24×7 Concierge Services.
- Enjoy up to 15% discount on dining across select finest restaurants in India.
5- Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit Card
Launched in association with Vistara Airlines, this is counted among the popular co-branded credit cards in India. Some of the reasons why you must get this credit card are listed below-
- Get complimentary Club Vistara Membership that gives you the benefits of priority check-in and extra baggage allowance.
- Earn 4 Club Vistara points for every ₹ 200 spent across all categories.
- On spending ₹ 1.5 Lakhs in a year, users will get 1 premium economy class ticket for a destination within India.
- Enjoy up to 15% off at partner restaurants across India.
- Get air accident cover of up to ₹ 2.5 crores and lost card liability cover of up to 100% of your credit limit.
6- Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
American Express is a multinational bank that offers several premium credit cards in India. This credit card, launched in association with Jet Airways, is among the top co-branded credit cards in India. Here are some of its benefits-
- Enjoy complimentary visits to 12 Domestic Airport Lounges at 10 cities in India.
- Earn 8 JPMiles for every ₹ 150 spent across all categories except fuel, utility bill payments and insurance.
- Get complimentary iPrefer Elite Tier membership for Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
- Accelerate your reward earnings twice when you book revenue flight tickets on Jet Airways.
- Get your fuel convenience fee waived off when you refuel at HPCL stations.
- Enjoy up to 20% discount at select premium restaurants.
7- BPCL SBI Card
This SBI Card comes with numerous benefits for the user, especially on fuel. Given below are the key highlights of this credit card-
- Get a total 4.25% value back when you refuel at BPCL pumps- 3.35% in the form of 13X reward points and 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Get 2,000 reward points on card activation.
- Earn 1 reward point for every ₹ 100 spent across non-fuel categories.
- Earn 5-times more reward points when you use your card for movies, dining, groceries or utility bill payment on standing instructions.
- Reward points can be directly redeemed against fuel at BPCL petrol pumps.