Once you make purchases using your SBI credit card, you have to pay the used amount back to the bank. This has to be done after your SBI credit card statement is generated for a specific period. You have to make the SBI credit card payment online or offline before the due date through any of the methods such as netbanking, mobile banking, cheque drop facility, etc.
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment Online
Online payment options provided by SBI are fast and easy methods to pay your credit card bills. These include NEFT, Bill Desk, Visa Pay, internet banking, mobile banking, debit card or by setting up standing instruction for auto-debit. Details about these are mentioned as follows:
8 Options to Make SBI Credit Card Payment Online
|NEFT / RTGS||PayNet- Pay Online||Visa Credit Card Pay||UPI|
|SBI Mobile Banking||Debit Card||NACH|
SBI Credit Card Online Bill Payment through NEFT
You can pay SBI credit card bill through any bank account using SBI Credit Card Payment IFSC code, using credit card account details and IFSC code. Payments made via NEFT are simple and secure.
Steps to Pay SBI Credit Card Bill using NEFT
Follow the steps given below to pay SBI Card bill through NEFT–
Step 1- Login to the netbanking portal of the bank through which you want to make a payment
Step 2- Add SBI Card as a third party beneficiary and proceed to pay your credit card bill
Step 3- Enter your 16-digit SBI Card number in place of the account number
Step 4- Write SBI CREDIT CARD – NEFT in the Bank Name section
Step 5- Use SBI Card Bill Payment IFSC code SBIN00CARDS to make the payment
Step 6- Enter the bank address – Payment Systems Group, State Bank GITC, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai
Step 7- Submit and Verify to complete the payment
How to Pay SBI Credit Card Bill through RTGS
SBI Card online bill payment via RTGS is hassle-free. For thism first have to register your SBI Card as a beneficiary at your respective bank. The details required are:
- Beneficiary Name – SBI Card
- Beneficiary Bank Name – SBI Credit Card – NEFT
- Beneficiary Branch Address – Payment Systems Group, State Bank GITC, Cbd Belapur, Navi Mumbai
- Beneficiary Account Number – Credit Card Number
- SBI Card Credit Card Bill Payment IFSC Code – SBIN00CARDS
Once the credit card is added to the list of beneficiaries follow the below given steps to make the payment.
Step 1- Login to your net banking portal
Step 2- Head over to fund transfer and then click on RTGS
Step 3- Select the credit card from the list of beneficiaries
Step 4- Enter the amount, must be over Rs. 2.00 lakh
Step 5- Confirm the transaction
Bored from your Credit Card? Consider an Upgrade
SBI Card Bill Payment Online through PayNet
PayNet-Pay works like SBI credit card payment bill desk. Under this, you have to follow the steps mentioned below to make the payment:
- Login to www.sbicard.com using your SBI Card user ID and password
- Click on the ‘Pay Now’ option to go to the SBI Card Bill Desk portal where all card details are pre-filled
- You can either choose to pay the total outstanding amount or minimum amount due or enter any amount as per your wish
- Select the mode of payment – Debit Card or Internet Banking
- Enter the details, verify using OTP received on your registered mobile number and complete the payment
You can also make bill payment without logging into the SBI Card portal. The amount will be credited instantly into your SBI credit card account. However, if it does not happen instantly, you can track the payment using the transaction reference number received. Click here and go to the track payment tab to check your SBI credit card bill payment status.
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment by Visa Credit Card Pay
This is a payment method that allows you to pay your credit card bills anytime and anywhere. The service can be used through the net banking facility provided by your bank.
- Login to your net banking page and choose the option of “Third Party Funds Transfer“
- After selecting the VISA Credit Card Pay, fill in the sender and receiver details to initiate the fund transfer
- Submit the request and give authorization for the payment
- The amount will reflect in your SBI Card account within 3 working days
SBI Credit Card Payment Using SBI Mobile Banking
You can make SBI credit card bill payments directly through SBI mobile banking app via the following steps:
- Register for SBI Mobile Banking on SBI Anywhere app or SBI Yono app (Registration is a one-time process only)
- Login using your username and MPIN
- Start with the payment by visiting the bill pay section
- Add SBI credit card in the “Add Biller” section
- Click on View and Pay Bills to make the payment
SBI Credit Card Payment Using National Automated Clearing House (NACH)
National Automated Clearing House (NACH) lets you set standing instructions to pay your SBI credit card bill. You just need to authorise your SBI credit card to deduct the amount directly from your bank account.
- To avail the NACH service, download the online form from SBI Forms Centre
- Send the filled form to the address mentioned below:
SBI Card Payment Services Pvt. Ltd.,
P.O. Bag No. 28,
GPO, New Delhi – 110001
- You have to choose one of the three SBI credit card bill payment options
- The three options include Total Amount Due (TAD), Minimum Amount Due (MAD) or Fixed Amount
- The form should be sent along with a cancelled cheque along with the form
Checked your Credit Score recently? Check Now for Free Check Now
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment through Debit Card
This is another secure and fast way to pay your credit card bills. For this, you can use any of the mentioned debit cards to pay the bills. The cards that you can use are:
- Bank of Maharashtra Debit Card
- Bank of India ATM-cum-Debit card
- Canara Bank ATM-cum-Debit Card
- State Bank of India ATM-cum-Debit Card
- Citibank Debit Card
- Indian Overseas ATM-cum-Debit Card
How to make SBI Credit Card Bill Payment through Debit Card
You have to visit www.sbicard.com to pay through your debit card. Follow the steps mentioned below to make the payment:
- Choose the option “Pay through Debit Card” and enter card details such as card number, amount and email ID
- Put in the authentication information and confirm the payment
- The amount will be deducted from your bank account
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment through SBI Card App
This is yet another popular way of paying SBI credit card bills. The SBI app works on Android, iOS and Windows. The app simply deducts the amount from your bank account as per your instructions.
Steps to Make SBI Credit Card Bill Payment using SBI Card App
Step 1- Download the SBI Card Mobile Banking App and Register/Login on the same (Registration is a one-time process only)
Step 2- Click on the “Pay Now” button
Step 3- Select the amount you wish to pay – total outstanding, minimum or another amount
Step 4- Choose a payment method and select your bank. You will be redirected to the bank’s payment interface
Step 5- Confirm your details and pay
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment through UPI (BHIM SBI Pay)
The steps to pay SBI credit card bill through BHIM UPI are:
Step 1- Download the BHIM SBI Pay from App Store or Google Play store
Step 2- Register using the mobile number
Step 3- Create the Virtual Payment Address (VPA) of choice using SBI handle and link an account with it
Step 4- Set UPI PIN
Step 5- Transact using the BHIM SBI Pay sharing only the Virtual Address
Step 1- Select Pay by VPA which must be ‘Sbicard.’ followed by ‘16 digit SBI Card number’ and ending with ‘@SBI’. Example: Sbicard.4726420123456789@SBI
Step 2- Enter the amount and click on Go
Step 3- Finally, verify bank account MPIN and click on Submit
Check out top 25 Credit Cards in India Click here
Payment Processing Time for the Various Methods
|PayNet-Pay Online (BillDesk)||Instantly|
|SBI Mobile Banking||Instantly|
|SBI Card Mobile App||Instantly|
|Visa Credit Card Pay||Within 3 working days|
|NEFT/RTGS||If Payment is done by 3:30 pm it will be credited within 3 banking hours|
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment Offline
You can also pay SBI credit card bill offline. These payment modes include:
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment Over the Counter (OTC)
- Go to nearest SBI branch
- Fill the pay-in-slip, available at the information desk with required details and submit it along with the payment
- Collect the acknowledgement receipt
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment through Electronic Drop Box
- You can make your SBI credit card bill payment by cheque
- Get an immediate e-receipt through the electronic dropbox facility
- Once the cheque is inserted into dropbox, you will get a scanned image of your cheque as a receipt
- The payment will reflect similarly with regular cheque transactions in your SBI credit card account within 4 working days
- Keep in mind that the payment should be made 4 to 5 days before the due date as it takes some time in the clearing of the cheque and credits the payment to your credit card
- Electronic dropboxes do not function on Sundays and bank holidays
- Electronic dropboxes are only valid for local transactions as it does not accept outstation cheques
- One has to ensure that the cheque is not folded or stapled as it will be liable to be rejected
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment through Manual Drop Box
- These are regular drop boxes that are located across more than 1,300 SBI branches in the country
- Fill the correct credit card number on your cheque along with your name and registered phone number
- The payee will be mentioned as “SBI Card no. <16 digit card number>“
- The dropbox clearing timings are 12 pm to 3 pm from Monday to Friday and 10 am to 12:30 pm on Saturdays
- Make sure that the cheque follows CTS 2010 standards for timely processing
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment through ATM
- You can also use SBI ATMs across the country to pay your credit card bills
- You just have to go to an SBI ATM and choose the services tab in the ATM menu
- Enter your credit card number and the amount to be paid
- You will immediately receive a payment acknowledgement receipt
SBI Credit Card Bill Payment FAQs
What to do when a payment has been made but has not shown up on the SBI credit card or the card’s online account statement?
In this case, you have to notify the bank that the SBI credit card online or offline bill payment has not been posted to your account.
- You need to prepare the documents showing that you have made the payment
- You can show the copy of a cancelled cheque or electronic payment receipt as proof of payment
- In addition, you should file a dispute with the bank
- This complaint must be filed within a specified number of days from the date on which the bank mailed the statement that showed the error
What if State Bank increases the minimum monthly amount due on the credit card bill and the individual is unable to afford that?
In such conditions, you have to directly contact the bank and discuss an agreeable payment plan.
Can banks make the customer pay a fee for letting them use a specific payment method?
Banks can charge a fee for using a specific SBI credit card bill payment method due to special circumstances. For instance, if the payment mode you are using involves an expedited service by the bank or the option is one where the bank has to incur additional costs, then it is likely that a bank will charge a certain fee.
When is a payment considered late or on time?
SBI credit card bill payment is considered late or on time depending on when funds are credited to your card account. You have to ensure that the payment is not just mailed or done on time but has been received and cleared by the bank on time as well.
A simple way to do this is to check your bank account from where the payment has been made. If the payment has been debited from the bank account, then SBI should receive the payment within the same day or at most the next business day.
Can State Bank charge a late fee if the payment has been mailed before the due date?
Yes, this is because you are liable to make the SBI credit card bill payment on or before the due date. If you have mailed a cheque but it has not been received or has been received but not cleared as yet by the due date, then you will be charged a late fee. This is why your account agreement always mentions that a payment made through specific methods that can cause a delay in clearance should be made 4 to 5 days prior to the due date.
Can State Bank delay the posting of payment on a credit card account?
Banks do not delay posting the payment on a credit card account. However, banks can set some reasonable requirements for processing payments. If these requirements are met by the cardholder, then the bank usually credits the card balance within 3-4 business days at most.