Credit cards have become an important addition to everyone’s wallet. Given the benefits and rewards offered by credit cards, it makes sense to shift your expenses to these cards and pay back later. Users can also make big-ticket purchases and pay in instalments over a period of time. As credit cards gained popularity, banks started introducing different types of cards that suit varied needs of users such as entertainment card, grocery credit card, travel-centric cards, etc. Grocery credit cards work in the same way as a normal credit card but they offer extra benefits on grocery shopping. Let us understand about these credit cards in some detail.
What are grocery credit cards?
Groceries are not just an item of necessity; supermarkets can meet every need of an individual nowadays, ranging from food items to cosmetics to crockeries and basic home furnishings. Every single person needs to shop for groceries but some items more than the others depending on their individual needs and requirements.
Following are some of the top grocery credit cards in India, especially tailor made for those who love to do grocery shopping and shop with a credit card frequently. These cards are provided by some of the top credit card providers in India.
- SBI Card SimplySAVE Advantage
- Citi Bank Rewards Credit Card
- ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card
Let us get to know more about each of these grocery credit card providers.
SBI Card SimplySAVE Advantage
This is one of the best cards for those individuals who love grocery shopping. This card comes with a number of unique benefits that make it perfect especially for supermarket purchases.
The charges associated with the credit card are as follows:
- The annual fee associated with the SBI Card SimplySAVE Advantage SBI credit card is Rs. 499
- The renewal fee per annum for the card is Rs. 499
Customers of this credit card can enjoy up to 10X Reward Points for every INR 100 that they spend on grocery purchases and in departmental stores. Additionally, reward Points can also be availed on movie and dining expenditure.
ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card
Card holders of such card can get advantage of limitless cash rewards and supermarket spending and free of cost movie tickets through the ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card. It also comes with a number of benefits. The charges associated with the card are as follows:
- A joining fee of Rs. 500 plus taxes is applicable
- From the start of the second year an annual fee of Rs. 500 plus taxes will also be applicable.
- Such annual fee shall be waived if customers spend over Rs. 1,25,000 on their card in the previous year.
The customers who opt for this card can procure 2X cash rewards on their groceries purchases, supermarket and dining spending.
Citi Bank Rewards Credit Card
The Rewards Credit Card offered by Citi Bank is a highly rewarding credit card due to the ample number of benefits provided by the credit card. It offers 10 times more reward points when you shop at departmental stores.
The charges associated with the card are as follows:
- The annual fee charged for the HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card is Rs. 1,000.
- The renewal fee for this credit card is also Rs. 1,000. Interest free period of up to 50 days is applicable for this card. In case individuals spend Rs. 30,000 through their card within the first membership year.
Such grocery cards hold ample benefits and gains for card holders, which gives them the power to transact with reward points and gains with every transaction. Usually, grocery credit cards offer benefits in the form of extra reward earnings which can be redeemed against a varied set of vouchers and merchandise or directly converted into statement credit. Some cards also offer direct cashbacks as a percentage of your total bill when you shop at their partner stores. Credit cards co-branded with departmental stores chains is also quite a popular product in the market these days.