HSBC bank originated in India in the year 1853 after the establishment of the Mercantile Bank of India in Mumbai. Since then, the bank is taking care of all the financial concerns of its customers. It offers exclusive and the best-in-class products and services to its communal as well as mercantile banking customers thus, resulting in a strong banking client base. The bank has about 51 branches in India.
IFSC Code – the bank has branch specific IFSC codes. For instance the IFSC code of Mumbai Andheri branch is HSBC0400003.
HSBC bank has introduced a host of credit cards in order to benefit the card-holders in every possible way. The customers get a large number of special privileges and offers with the use of these cards that are selected by the holders as per their needs and requirements. The different types of cards are as follows:
- HSBC Visa Platinum Card- It helps the holders in earning reward points that can be redeemed for a variety of gifts and offers. Again the customers enjoy privileges on eating out and fuel surcharge waiver.
- HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card- It is a type of a credit card that helps the card-holders in many ways. From dining privileges, golf privileges, lifestyle offers to airport lounge easy access or fuel surcharge waiver, all offers are provided by this card.
- HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Cards- This is the only card that provides special privileges on credit cards. The reward points earned are redeemable at partner stores and sites like Shopper’s Stop, Vodafone, Flip kart, Lifestyle etc. Other dining and travel benefits as well as air miles facility is also provided.
- HSBC MakeMyTrip Signature Card- This card has a partnership with MakeMyTrip providing its card-holders with benefits like free vouchers regarding flight tickets, many discount vouchers of Rs. 8,500, fuel surcharge waiver, dining privileges and free access to the Visa Concierge services.
- HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Card- This card in collaboration with MakeMyTrip gives benefits like free flight tickets, discount vouchers of Rs. 5,500, Fuel surcharge waiver, dining privileges and many more facilities.
|HSBC Credit Cards||Joining Fee||Reward Points||Renewal Fee||Fuel Surcharge Waiver (Monthly transaction amount Rs 400 – Rs 4000)|
|HSBC Advance Platinum Credit Card||NIL||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||NIL||2.5% of the total fuel transaction amount|
|HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card||NIL||3X RP on dining, hotels and telephone bills||NIL||2.5% or maximum of Rs 250|
|HSBC Premier Mastercard||NIL||2 RP for every Rs 100 spent||NIL||2.5% of the fuel transaction|
|HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Card||NIL||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||NIL||2.5% of the fuel transaction amount|
|MakeMyTrip Signature Card||NIL||4 RP for every Rs 100 spent||NIL||2.5% of the fuel transaction|
|MakeMyTrip Platinum Card||NIL||1.5 RP on every Rs 100 spent||NIL||2.5% fuel surcharge waiver of the|
HSBC Bank Credit Card Statements
The HSBC Bank sends the statements showing the credit card outstanding and the transactions thereof every month on the customer’s email id.
The bank provides two types of Home Loans to its customers so that they can build their dream house. Home loans are given in 2 variants of Home Loan:
- New/ NRI Home Loan
- Smart Home Loan
- Loan Against Property
- Smart Loan Against Property
- Mutual Funds- Mutual Funds are investment products that are based on in-house calculation method keeping in mind the different investment needs like the creation, growth and liquidity of the finances. The funds are only chosen after taking into account different qualitative and quantitative factors like previous performances and the investment patterns based on the accurate data.
- Systematic Investment Plans- Systematic Investment Plans or SIPs are flexible and small investment products that can be completed monthly through HSBC. After a period of time, the aggregate of the investments are amalgamated into a large sum.
- Technology Solutions- HSBC provides Internet Banking facility to its customers in the form of Wealth Dashboard and Retail Investment System (RIS) through which the clients get full information about the markets and they can easily make any financial investment decision through HSBC. The card holder can view the current holdings, profit or loss, past transactions etc and thus can access the risk profile.
While Fixed Deposits have an interest rate in the range of 3.25% - 6.10%, the Savings Accounts earn an interest rate of 4% p.a. calculated on the end of day balances.
HSBC provides a variety of banking related services to the card-holders that benefits them in a lot many ways. The banking products and services cater to all the needs and requirements of the clients making the banking service secure and quick. The different types of banking services are:
HSBC Personal Banking
The banking service that takes care of all the personal needs of the clients is called personal banking. Its key features are: The banking service that takes care of all the personal needs of the clients is called personal banking. Its key features are:
- Online transfer of the balance is possible.
- Physical cross border finance instruments by post to the bank is also possible.
- Free mobile alerts informing the client about the bank transactions and EMI payments take place.
- Special offers and cash services are also provide.
HSBC NRI Banking
The bank also caters to the needs on NRIs by providing them with banking solutions.
- Country specific NRI services
- Countries like UK, USA, UAE, Canada, Australia and others are covered
- NRIs are given two banking options of Premier and Advanced
HSBC Internet Banking
Through HSBC’s internet banking solution, several online transactions like bill payments, fund transfers etc. Are possible at the click of a single button. Its features are:
- Transactions, credit card balances and bank account can be seen as per the convenience of the card-holder.
- Online fast and secure transfer of finances is possible.
- Fixed Deposits can be easily established as well as managed.
- Online payments of bills and insurance premiums are possible.
- Demand drafts and cashier’s orders can be obtained without any charge.
HSBC caters to all the insurance needs of the customers through various insurance plans like:
- Future Smart Plan
- Grow Smart Plan
- Insure Smart Plan Group Secure Plan