With the advent of the digital age, it is now possible to carry out as many conventional tasks, with the alternative use of technology and digitally transformed gadgets. For example, just take the emergence of internet banking services that how much positive impact it has made to our banking sector. Earlier, people who held a bank account had to make themselves present in person at the bank, for making use of any of the banking facilities offered by their bank. However, now banks are more than willing to offer their services on the online domain, so that customers can utilise their services as their convenience and leisure. This is how the idea of net banking came up and has become so pervasive that people all over India are making use of the utility offered by almost all the leading banks.
What is net banking service?
Net banking is the use of internet technology and digital gadgets in conjunction with dedicated network capabilities to allow a user to access his/her bank account through desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tab. The capability of net banking can also be extended to a smartphone, on which the application of the bank can be downloaded. Net banking services are correspondent to the services which a customer could avail at a bank, with the only difference being that he/she can now avail these services from any corner and anytime of the world. Net banking services are highly used and increasingly demanded by customers these days.
Does HSBC bank offer net banking facility?
Like most other banks, HSBC (Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation) bank also offers the convenience of net banking to its customers. The idea behind the provision of such service is making it easier for a customer to stay in touch with his bank account and avail the services offered by the bank in a hassle-free manner. HSBC Net banking makes it easier for its customer to enjoy various benefits of using all banking services, right from the comfort of their home, without the need to stand in bank’s queue. Therefore, needless to say, customers will find the service of HSBC net banking on their laptop and smartphone without fail.
What are the features of HSBC net banking?
HSBC net banking services provide a number of reasons to its customers to make use of its application and services for their comfort. Take a look at some of the features of internet banking services offered at HSBC bank that make it such a convenient service for bank customers nowadays:
- A customer can make an enquiry about his/her account statement at any point of time in a day and verify the amount balance lying to the credit of his/her account.
- A customer can make a transfer of funds from his/her bank account to another banking customer’s account, which can in the same bank or another.
- A customer can make use of the service of opening a fixed deposit through internet banking portal, without the need to visit a bank branch and stand in long queues.
- Customers can make payment of various bills and dues through their bank account to the respective merchants, such as mobile phone bills, DTH broadband bills, electricity bills, telephone bills and much more.
- Customers can also carry out general activities such as buying general insurance and paying for their taxes by using HSBC net banking services.
- Ordering cheque book is also made simpler with the use of internet banking as a customer can order it with one single click.
- Various non-financial activities can also be carried out through the use of internet banking along with other financial activities.
- Investors and traders can apply for Initial public offer shares and securities through net banking facility.
What are the particular requirements for using HSBC net banking?
First of all, a customer needs to obtain the necessary details for operating his/her net banking facility through the bank. HSBC bank will provide him/her with an ID and password for making use of net banking services easily. Once a customer has obtained those details from the bank, he/she can log in to his/her bank account by browsing over to the online website of the bank at www.hsbc.co.in. Once a customer keys in the requisite details on this login page, he/she will be able to proceed and gain access to a snapshot of his bank account. Other than this, a customer needs no other specific details or formalities to be completed before he/she becomes eligible to make use of the service offered by HSBC net banking.
What are the advantages of using HSBC net banking?
Net banking offers innumerable advantages to a customer who opts for the service. There is indeed no denying that in a very short span of time, net banking has become an inherent part of a banking customer’s requirement. All services of a bank that were earlier restricted to the four walls of a bank branch are now easily available through an online portal. Moreover, thanks to the growing reach of networks and communications systems, customers are able to make use of net banking services from any location and any part of the world in which they reside. Going by these advantages, there is a lot to thank the internet for! Here are some of the major advantages of internet banking that have changed the shape of banking services in the recent times:
- Customers can avail any banking service at any point of time of the day, without the need to wait for anyone or any particular time. It is completely up to the customer to avail a banking service at a given time and that too, use any of the services available on the online portal of the bank.
- Now, customers do not need to wait in long queues to make a payment of various bills. Every such service has been automated and mechanised. Bill payments such as electricity bills, telephone bills, mobile phone bills, purchase of movie tickets or payment of taxes, anything can be performed by using the online banking portal of the bank in which a customer holds a bank account.
- While carrying a sum of money in hand might be fraught with risk and danger of theft, one can transact easily through internet banking, without ever having to hold a single currency note. This becomes one of the biggest advantage of internet banking. It eliminates the need to hold any document while exchanging funds or transferring any sum of money. A customer can easily expect to make use of his/her funds at a given time, without the need to worry about carrying money in hand.
- Nowadays, availability of mobile phones and desktops is so pervasive that one can get access to the services of internet banking in an instant, without worrying about available infrastructure. This is another reason why HSBC net banking is so popular and widely used. All services of the bank are available through an online portal, which is easy to use, access and navigate back again. Even a layman can quickly learn to make use of such services.
- Usually, customers feel a limitation of using banking services on a public holiday or a night time. However, since net banking is available 24×7, a customer need not be restricted by the hours of the day or the availability of banking personnel at any given time, to utilise a banking service.
Should you be using HSBC net banking services?
The answer to this question is quite plain and simple. Those people who wish to avoid standing in long queues and face uncertain banking staff, can definitely make use of net banking services. It will ensure that they receive timely service, at their convenience and avoid any hassle. Sometimes, human intervention in carrying out a task tends to have its own share of limitations. At some level, this can be avoided altogether, by ensuring that the human element is altogether eliminated in the whole process. Net banking helps in the achievement of this task without any formality. It also eliminates the possibility of any errors, which might be caused due to negligence on the part of banking staff.
Net banking services are also worthy of appreciation, owing to the fact that they come as a major respite in more than one ways, at seemingly no cost. Only, one needs to be equipped with the necessary network and gadgets to make use of such services, but that is again something that is easily available anyway at internet shops and cafes. Therefore, there is not much in the way of a customer utilising the services of internet banking offered by HSBC bank, for the convenience of their customers.