Based in Mangalore, Karnataka bank was established in the year 1924.The bank consists of a network of 842 branches spread across 22 states and 2 Union Territories. The bank caters to the banking needs of the people by providing them with banking and financial products and services.
Types of Karnataka Bank Credit Cards
The cards offered by Karnataka Bank can be used as both credit card and debit cards. The following card are offered by the bank to its customers:
- Visa Classic Debit Card
- Visa Gold Debit Card
- Visa Chip Debit Card
- RuPay PMJDY Debit Card
- RuPay Classic Debit Card
- RuPayKisan Debit Card
- KBL Gift Card: This card can be used as a gift for loved ones and can be used for several dining, shopping, party or for making online purchases.
- KBL Travel Card: This special card makes the travelling process of the card-holders trouble-free. It offers simple Forex access making abroad travel easy and hassle-free.
Credit Card Statement
A summarized statement containing all the details of the transactions affected with the issued credit card is sent to the card-holders on a monthly basis. Card-holders can view such statements to know what amount of money they owe to the bank and to make the corresponding payment.
Variety of savings accounts which cater to women, children and every individual is offered both in the normal variety and the premium variety. The accounts include:
- KBL Vanitha
- KBL Kishore
- KBL Tarun
- KBL Salary Privilege
- SB Gen
- SB Money Sapphire
- SB Money Ruby
- SB Money Platinum
- Insurance Linked Savings Bank Account
- SB Sugama
All the KBL savings accounts give returns at interest rate of 4% p.a. which is calculated on the daily balance and payable half yearly.
Fixed Deposit Interest Rates
Several Fixed Deposit schemes are also offered by the company for investment purposes. These deposits are safe from market volatility and provide stable returns to accountholders. The rates of interest vary as per the period for which deposits are held with the bank. Deposits which are held for up to 180 days earn at an interest rate of 7.15% p.a. Senior citizens earn a 0.50% higher rate of interest on all types of deposits made by them.
Karnataka Bank Loans
Loans are available with the bank for multiple purposes at attractive rates of interest which are not heavy on your pocket. The multiple types of loan schemes include:
- KBL Vidyanidhi (Educational Loan Scheme)
- KBL Easy Ride (For two wheelers)
- KBL Car Finance (For new and second hand cars)
- KBL Salaried Persons Loan
- KBL Insta Cash
- KBL ApnaGhar
|KBL Vidyanidhi||KBL Easy Ride||KBL Car Finance||KBL Salaried Persons Loan||KBL Insta Cash||KBL ApnaGhar|
|11.15%||13.20%||10.25%||13.95%||11.45%||9.50% up to Rs 30.0 lakhs|
9.75% above 30.0 lakhs and up to Rs 50.0 lakhs
Karnataka Bank Home Loans
Karnataka Bank provides varied loan schemes for individuals cater to the individual requirement of buying or renovating a house. They provide home loans to buy a new house, buy a plot to build a new house, renovate the old house, loan against property etc. The type of home loan scheme is called KBL Apna Ghar and its features are as follows:
- The loan period is 15 years and repayment holiday tenure of 18 months is also considered
- It is for Indian residents only
- It is for salaried personals above 21 years of age
- It is payable in equal monthly instalments
- Interest rate is 9.50% for loan amount up to Rs 30 lakh
Karnataka Bank NRI Banking
- Non-Resident Ordinary Account: This account is opened as savings, current, term and recurring deposits and is maintained in Indian Rupee.
- Non-Resident External Rupee Account: It can be opened as savings, term, current and recurring deposits and the fund is fully repatriable.
- FCNR Account: It is held in term deposits and can be maintained in foreign currency namely GBP, USD, CAD, AUD, JPY and EURO.
- RFC Account: It can be held as savings and current accounts and is opened by NRIs who are permanently settled in India.
Karnataka Bank Internet Banking
Many banking services are now available online and customers of the bank can take the benefit of internet banking provided by Karnataka Bank. Services like the following can be done online without having the hassle to visit the bank’s branches.
- Inquiry of account balance and cheque status
- Fund transfer with self-account and account with other banks
- Request on demand drafts and cheque books
- Request of statement of accounts
- Payment of utility bills
- SMS banking
- SMS alert