Air India SBI Platinum Card is well-suited to the needs of frequent travellers, especially those who prefer Air India over others. The card gives 15 reward points on your Air India spends which can be used to avail discounted or free flight tickets later. Read more about the features of this card and apply online.
Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card Features
Following are the top benefits offered by Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card-
Welcome Bonus – Get 5,000 reward points as a welcome gift on the payment of the joining fee. These reward points will be credited in 15 days from the date of fee payment posting.
Anniversary Gift – Get 2,000 reward points
Reward Points – Earn 2 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent and up to 15,000 bonus reward points annually. The reward points can be converted into Air India miles. 1 Reward point is equal to 1 Air India Air mile.
- Get 5,000 reward points on annual spending of Rs. 2 lakhs or more
- Get 10,000 reward points on annual spending of Rs. 3 lakhs or more
- Earn up to 15 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through airindia.com, airindia mobile app.
- 15 Reward Points when booked for self and 5 Reward Points when booked for others.
- Earn 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets for self or others, booked through Air India booking offices or Air India call centres (18001801407).
- Earn 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on SuperSaver booklet purchases
Complimentary Visa Lounge Access- Get 8 complimentary visits per year to Domestic VISA Lounges in India (Max. 2 visits per quarter)
Fuel Surcharge Waiver – Cardholder gets fuel surcharge waiver of 1% when the card is being used for refuelling at any petrol pump across the country for transaction amounts ranging between Rs 500 and Rs 4,000. Maximum waiver of Rs 250 is offered in every statement cycle
- Flexipay Facility- The cardholder can make big-ticket purchases (more than Rs 2,500) and get them converted into EMIs. However, this facility should be used within 30 days of making such purchase
- Easy Bill Pay Facility- The owners of Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card can pay their utility bills through this card on standing instructions. This means that the bills will always be paid on time with zero penalties
- Add-on Card- Cardholders can empower their family by applying for an add-on credit card for their spouse, parents, children or siblings above the age of 18
Also Read: Pros and Cons of Add-on Credit Cards
- Easy Money Facility– With Easy Money, the cardholders can get a draft or cheque against their cash limit and get it delivered to their doorstep without any hassles
- Lost Card Liability Cover – Enjoy complimentary lost card liability cover of Rs. 1 lakh
Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card Fees and Charges
|Annual Fee||Rs. 1,499 (One-Time)|
|Renewal Fee||Rs, 1,499|
|Finance Charges||upto 3.50% per month [42% per annum]|
|Late Payment Fee|
*For most important terms and conditions of SBI Air India Platinum Credit Card, Click Here.
Should you get this card?
Air India SBI Platinum Card is one of the best credit cards for customers who mostly choose to travel with Air India and are seeking satisfactory rewards. This credit card has a solid 6.75% rewards rate (15 points per Rs. 100 spent on Air India tickets, 1 reward point = 1 Airline mile = Rs. 0.45). As compared to other travel-centric credit cards, this rewards rate is pretty great. Additionally, relative to most travel cards, the card charges a lower annual fee (Rs. 1,500). A nice collection of discounts are also available on the card, which will further cover the annual charge. In addition, the card provides 8 annual domestic lounge trips. However, 0.90% rewards rate (2 points per Rs. 100, 1 Incentive Point = 1 Airline Mile = Rs. 0.45) on general spending, is below the industry average. The Air India SBI Platinum Card is not the best travel card, but it is also a solid choice for customers looking for a special low-fee Air India card.
Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
|Occupation||Available to both Salaried and Self-employed|
|Minimum Income for Salaried Applicants||Rs. 40,000 per month|
|Minimum Income for Self-employed Applicants||Rs. 40,000 per month|
|Serviceable Cities||Click here for the list of eligible cities|
|Documents Required||Click here to see the list of acceptable documents|
How to Apply for Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card
It is very easy to make a successful application for this card. One can do it online at the web portal in a few quick steps as mentioned below:
- Click here to start the application
- Browse for Air India SBI Platinum credit card under credit cards section
- Enter basic details such as contact number, income, occupation, etc
- Select this card and check your eligibility
- If eligible, proceed with the application by providing personal details and employment details
- Fill in your personal and employment details
- Click Apply in order to submit your application
- Once the details are verified, an executive will get in touch
Compare Similar Credit Cards by Other Banks
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Reward Points / Offers||Net Savings|
|Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card||Rs.1,499||Earn 2 Reward points per Rs. 100 spent||Rs.6,761*|
|IndusInd Bank Chelsea FC Credit Cards||Rs.1,099||Earn 1 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent||Rs.4,195*|
|ICICI Ferrari Platinum Credit Card||Rs.499||Get up to 15% discount on Ferrari merchandise bought from the Online Ferrari Store.||Rs.816*|
|Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card||Rs.250||Earn 5 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent on dining and fuel||Rs.8,510*|
|Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card||Rs.999||Users can save up to Rs. 8,650.||Rs.9,396*|
*On spending Rs.2 lakh annually
**On spending Rs.4 lakh annually
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to convert reward points into Air India Miles?
Reward Points are converted to Air India Air Miles in 7 working days from the date of receiving the request. These points, once converted into Air India Air Miles, cannot be reversed.
Is it possible to redeem Air Miles?
Air Mile redemption will be possible for minimum of 5,000 reward points and in multiples of 5,000.
What is an Add-on Card?
An add-on card is an additional card which you can apply for against your credit card and will have all the features of your primary credit card.
What is Flexipay?
Flexipay is a facility offered to existing SBI credit cardholders to convert their big purchases into easy monthly instalments. Any SBI Card holder, with a transaction greater than ₹ 500 can convert the said transaction into Flexipay within 30 days.
Will there be fees to replace /reissue a card?
Yes, a replacement fee of Rs. 100 plus taxes will be charged if you need to replace or reissue SBI card.
Where can I avail the waiver of fuel surcharge?
Fuel surcharge can be waived off at any petrol pump in India.
Other Travel Credit Cards
People also looked for the following travel credit cards:
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Key Feature||Paisabazaar Rating|
|Get up to 10% value back as Reward Points on train tickets at IRCTC website for AC1, AC2 and AC CC categories|
Earn 1 Reward Points on every Rs.125 spent
|Earn 6 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on Departmental Stores, Groceries, Dining, Movies, Entertainment and International expenditure|
Enjoy Fuel Surcharge waiver
|Lemon Tree Hotel Vouchers worth Rs. 2000 as joining gift|
Get complimentary MMT Black Membership
|Get Domestic Airport Lounge access|
Earn 2 Club Vistara Points per Rs. 200