Axis Bank is amongst the top private banks of India and provides many financial services among which credit cards are the most sought after. If you have lost your Axis Bank credit card, we will show you how to block Axis Bank credit card.
There could be many reasons because of which you want to block your credit card and have a new one issued in its place. Some of the reasons are:
- You have lost your Axis Bank credit card.
- Your Axis Bank credit card is stuck in the card slot of the ATM machine you used.
- You received an alert for a transaction you did not make.
- You used ATM machine to withdraw cash but the money was not dispensed.
- Your credit card was stolen.
There are many ways through which you can block your credit card. Some of the means are listed below:
You can also block your Axis Bank credit card by sending an SMS to Axis Bank. The steps to block your Axis bank credit card through SMS service are:
- Write BLOCK XXXX (where XXXX are the last 4 digits of your credit card number)
- Send the SMS to 5676782 from your registered mobile number.
The Bank will block your credit card and in its place issue you a new one and send it to your communications address that you had given to the bank in your credit card application.
Customer Care Cell
You can call the customer care cell of Axis Bank at the following number:
1860 419 5555 / 1860 500 5555
The customer care executive will ask you for some personal details to authenticate your identity following which they will block your credit card and in its place re-issue you a new credit card.
Customers of Axis bank can also block their Axis Bank credit card through net banking. The procedures to block it are as follows:
- Login to your Axis Bank net banking page.
- Go to Account.
- Under My Cards select More Services.
- Select Block Credit card and choose which credit card you want to block.
Customers of Axis bank can also enjoy the services of Axis Bank Mobile Application by downloading the latest version of the app from Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for Apple. Once Installed follow the steps laid below to block Axis Bank credit card.
- Login to your Axis Bank mobile app.
- Got to Banking.
- Select Services
- Select Credit Card.
- Click on Block & Replace Card.
Axis Bank will replace all the block cards with new ones no matter what means you use to block your credit card. The credit card by default will be delivered to the communication address that you have given to the bank.
You can also block your Axis Bank credit card by visiting the nearest Axis Bank branch and contacting the bank official to process your request to block the credit card. The Axis Bank official will let you know when they have successfully blocked your card.
Please Note: Axis Bank is not a Paisabazaar partner. Offers would be from partner Banks/NBFCs only.