HDFC Bank has established itself as a supreme banking organization which has helped numerous customers from different parts of India. The bank’s net banking service is fruitful for both debit & credit card holders, since they can manage their accounts quite conveniently. HDFC’s credit card net banking option permits the cardholders to avail several online services such as information about credit limit, available balance, cash limit, etc. You can even check out details like credit card statements, unbilled transactions and a lot more.
How To Register for HDFC Credit Card Net Banking?
People who wish to keep a track on their credit card-related information, the convenience of HDFC credit card net banking is best for them! For accessing this service, you are required to proceed with a certain registration process as mentioned below.
- Existing HDFC Customers Managing Net Banking Account
Existing HDFC customers who are enjoying the services of HDFC net banking can easily link their credit card (HDFC)to their active account. There is no need to create a fresh credit card net banking account. Customers who already have an active net banking account with HDFC, the below stated steps will help them in registering their credit card.
HDFC Credit Card Net Banking Login
Access your net banking account using the provided customer ID &IPIN
- Select the option ‘Cards’ present on the main menu; under this press on ‘Credit Cards’
- On the left side menu you will be provided with an option termed as ‘Register New Card’
- Now, you will be prompted to provide the number of your credit card, PIN and card expiry date. Do make sure you provide the correct digits and finally click to ‘Submit’.
As soon as your details are verified, a confirmation message will be provided on the screen. After this step, in the future whenever you wish to check your credit card net banking account, simply access your net banking account, press on ‘Cards’ then ‘Credit Cards’ and everything will be present without any hassle.
- Existing HDFC Customers But Without Net Banking
In case you are an existing customer with HDFC but do not have a net banking account, you need to register for availing access to the net banking portal. Once this is done, you are now allowed to link your credit card. Do remember that, one can register for HDFC netbanking via online method, or by visiting any of the nearest HDFC branch or ATM.
- New HDFC Customers
People who have recently availed an HDFC credit card and do not hold any active account with the concerned bank, there is a requirement to register for HDFC credit card net banking service. You can follow the mentioned instructions for making a quick online registration.
- Firstly, visit the bank’s official website
- Select the option ‘Ways to Bank’ present on the main menu. Under this, click on ‘Bank Online’ and finally select ‘Credit card NetBanking’
- Simply press on ‘Register for Credit Card NetBanking’, which will lead you to an online registration page
- Here you will be asked to choose your Login ID, feed your name, card number, card PIN, card expiry date and select a password using which you can access your online account.
- As soon as the details are filled, click to submit the form.
- Once the details are verified, HDFC will accept your request for credit card account creation.
Advantages of HDFC Credit Card Online
HDFC credit card net banking is one such facility that offers you access to all types of HDFC credit card account data at one place. Furthermore, you are also allowed to perform several credit card associated transactions under few clicks all by yourself. Below mentioned are some of the advantages of credit card online service by HDFC Bank.
Account Information with Just a Click: The net banking account for credit card customers offers them swift and easy admission to obtain useful credit card account info, such as:
- Overall credit & cash limit
- Unbilled and billed transactions
- Accessible credit &cash limit
- Due date for payment
- Handling two credit cards becomes simple with the help of net banking service
- Information on reward points
Check credit card statements: Although HDFC Bank offers monthly statements for your credit card at your listed e-mail address, but it gets a little bit tricky since you need to filter the received email, feed the password and then view or download the details. With the availability of your credit card net banking account at HDFC, you are allowed to view the bank statement for the last 6 months without additional effort.
Raise requests: The presence of a credit card net banking service gives you some additional perks. There is no need to contact the customer care in order to raise requests. You can manage requests on your own using the net banking account. Some of the prime requests included under this facility are:
- Autopay facility Register/deregister
- Generate/re-generate PIN for credit card
- New/old card register/deregister
- Acquire credit card statement via e-mail
- Hotlist/block credit card
- Request for loans and access other EMI facilities like SmartEMI and HDFC Insta Loan
- Increase credit card limit
- Reward point redemption
- New card upgrade
Raising Requests via Credit Card Net Banking at HDFC
As you register for your credit card using HDFC internet banking, there are a variety of online services which you can avail. Interestingly, you are allowed to raise several requests and even register for additional facilities with the help of the net banking account.
1. Credit Card Payment via Net Banking: You can use HDFC credit card net banking for paying your credit card dues under few clicks. There is no need to rely on other sources for settling credit card payments as long as you have access to HDFC mobile app directly through your phone.
2. Block or Hotlist HDFC credit card: Suppose your credit card gets stolen or lost, you can directly block the card using the net banking account; there is no need to contact the customer care service.
- Under net banking press on the option ‘Credit card’ and later click on ‘Hotlisting’
- Select the card for blocking
- Add the reason, that is either stolen or lost
- Finally, click ‘Yes or No’ in order to request for card reissuance and click to ‘Submit’.
After this procedure your card will be instantly blocked and the available credit limit will drop down to zero. These measures are taken to ensure no further transactions can be processed using this card. HDFC Bank will provide you with a new card, delivered at your registered address within a time period of 7-10 working days.
3. Insta Loan Apply via Net Banking: Insta Loan offered by HDFC is a useful facility which can be availed using the qualified credit limit present on your card. Do make a note that, this loan option is available to only a select range of HDFC customers. No documentation and quick disbursal are the prime traits of Insta Loan. In order to apply for Insta Loan via net banking you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Access the net banking portal
- Select ‘Credit Card’ and press on ‘Insta Loan’
- Choose the concerned credit card and press to ‘Continue’
- You will now be prompted to fill the necessary loan amount (within the available card limit). Choose the repayment tenure and finally press on ‘Confirm’.
The screen will display an acknowledgement either for approval or rejection of your loan.
Apply for SmartEMI via Net Banking: The SmartEMI option at HDFC permits you to convert each of your purchases managed using your selected credit card into easy EMIs. However, this option is available only to select HDFC customers. In order to apply for SmartEMI via HDFC net banking –
- Access your net banking portal
- Under the left side menu press on ‘Credit Card’ and then ‘SmartEMI’
- Select the card and pick the transaction which needs to be transformed into SmartEMI
As soon as the details are submitted by the customer, the chosen transaction will instantly get transformed into EMIs. There is a processing fee for the first time that would be charged to access this facility; the interest will get added to the monthly EMIs depending on the selected repayment tenure.